It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters says Trumps People won't be able go Anywhere

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: xuenchen

speech inciting crowds to act in an illegal manner is not protected speech.

harassing someone while they pump gas?
harassing someone while they take their family to the movies?

how does this change policy or legislation?

It doesn't. It entrenches the two "sides."

Waters is a part of the ongoing efforts to divide us, even though she may be a clueless actor.

That's the problem though.

If this sort of behavior becomes widespread, how long before there is a real incident and someone dies? We may already have seen it at Charlottesburg or ville or whatever the town name is ... I think you know the one I'm talking about. You had two groups of radically opposed opinions and ideologies, even leaving aside what those were, committed to more or less provoking each other.

We like to shove it aside by calling the guy in the car a racist scumbag, but what if he was pushed too far and panicked/snapped? Do any of us really know for sure? And I'm not typing that to defend anyone's ideology only to point out that I don't know exactly what happened, only that things in that town were tense and the tension was created on purpose by this kind of behavior Maxine is suggesting should start taking place everyone against everyone whose ideology is disapproved of.

Is this really a good idea? I don't think so.

And people will snap ... on both sides. You have to be intentionally ignoring the reality of what's being suggested to think otherwise.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I guess that Trump could always take out a restraining order on Congresswoman Maxine Waters and have it enforced by the supreme court.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What M. Waters is publicly saying is already "over the top". What she said is beyond "freedom of speech". She's yelling fire, when there is none! Not to mention, provoking "civil unrest", and encouraging others to prevent the free movement and life, liberty and pursuit of happiness of others, those she doesn't "agree" with. She needs to be held accountable for her words, before they become actions! I'd like to "red flag" her. "I feel threatened", by her,.. "hate speech". She seems unstable. Thank God for our 2nd. Amendment! Waters is a fine example of what happens, when idiots are "free" to "vote". NAZI Germany came about by "Democracy". I don't dislike Ms. Waters because she's black. I dislike her because she's an idiot, hell bent on destroying my country and our people, out of ignorance.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The Democrats need to dump waters and Pelosi if they want to get the house back.

Though, on this, even Pelosi condemns Waters

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) also responded directly to Waters, writing in a tweet earlier Monday: “Trump’s daily lack of civility has provoked responses that are predictable but unacceptable. As we go forward, we must conduct elections in a way that achieves unity from sea to shining sea.”

Schumer Takes On Maxine Waters for Calling to Harass Trump Officials

Top Democrats on Capitol Hill began to push back fervently against one of their own on Monday for suggesting that Trump administration officials should be harassed and shamed. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) rebuked Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), though not by name, after the congresswoman said over the weekend that Americans should confront individuals who work for President Donald Trump and “tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 25-6-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
They need to charge Waters with inciting violence or something.
If someone gets hurt by some nut who was inspired by her, they should sue her.

That would be the correct thing to do, but she will get a pass like they all do.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Now you know how we feel about Trump

And wonder how you could condemn Waters but not Trump

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Here's where it get's a little crazy.

Why do people support Trump? That's the real question.

Is it because the alternative is Hillary? Is it because there is a huge portion of the American people that feel under represented?

And on the other hand, I don't think most people would want to be labeled as a Trump Supporter. We never had that with previous presidents. We never had Obama Supporters and Bush Supporters and Clinton Supporters or Ford Supporters.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I don't have a problem supporting lower taxes, a smaller more streamlined government, a strong military and a strong border.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't have a problem supporting lower taxes, a smaller more streamlined government, a strong military and a strong border.

Sure, that sounds great. But does that make you a "Trump Supporter" ? Or just an american that is supporting some of the presidents policies. It's that label. Either self labeled or media labled that I have a problem with, because we never had it before with any other president. It's especially the media though, because if you were wearing a maga hat and got into a wreck your local news would say "Trump Supporter Gets in wreck" LOL See, it's not right.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Here's where it get's a little crazy.

Why do people support Trump? That's the real question.

People wanna support a president who wants to put his country's citizens interests first? IMAGINE THAT!
edit on 25-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Oh I disagree.

There was a cult of Obama before. He could do no wrong. As it stands now, there are many here that still believe that.

I voted for Trump and I might vote for him again. As it stands now, I still support him even though I haven't agreed 100% with everything he's done.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Oh I disagree.

There was a cult of Obama before. He could do no wrong. As it stands now, there are many here that still believe that.

I voted for Trump and I might vote for him again. As it stands now, I still support him even though I haven't agreed 100% with everything he's done.

See what I'm saying about the Label though? Maybe it's just me.

I voted for Obama Twice, didn't vote for either Hillary or Trump. Won't vote for Trump and probably won't vote for the Democratic challenger. You can't blame me for voting against Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney though?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing You can't blame me for voting against Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney though?

*shakes head*

I will often disagree with your opinion, but I will never deny your right to express it.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh oh, you voted for trump. What a surprise!

What else is new

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I voted for Trump, and I have no problem being labeled a "Trump" supporter and I'll gladly vote for him again. Why? Because I don't like bullies and that's exactly what the media, libs, dems what ever are doing right now just because their person didn't get elected. That's why I'd vote for him again. Why did I vote for him in the first place? Because he wasn't a career politician, I felt we needed change and his interests were in making America number one. I hope this makes sense.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There is something that really bothers me about all this. These politicians and idealogues are eventually going to get civil unrest started. They are going to get a bunch of people who have NO reason to fight or even dislike each other to harm and quite possible kill each other en masse because they have been inciting people into this mindset for years now. What I feel is this; if you are a person who works to try to make an honest living, and tries to keep a roof over your head and feed your children, you have absolutely NO reason to be angry with someone in the same boat, be they black, white, orange, purple or any other color. All this is, is a big deflection. They want the working class people to be at each others throats so they dont have time to sit and think who is actually giving them grief. Its an old trick that has been used for centuries. I keep hearing talk of civil war. How will that work exactly, are you just going to start randomly attacking people? The truth is, thats probably exactly what they want us to do, so they have an excuse to slam a real police state down on us. We are really lucky, we live in a nation that still has some semblance of the rule of law. Trust me, we dont want to go down the road of civil war, we would fast become a failed state, with all the horrors that come with it. You dont want to live in that country.

As for Maxine Waters, inciting people to rebel against the lawful government is called SEDITION. She should be removed from office for even suggesting such a thing.

I guess she has never read USC 871

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
(b) The terms "President-elect" and "Vice President-elect" as used in this section shall mean such persons as are the apparent successful candidates for the offices of President and Vice President, respectively, as ascertained from the results of the general elections held to determine the electors of President and Vice President in accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 1 and 2. The phrase "other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President" as used in this section shall mean the person next in the order of succession to act as President in accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 19 and 20.

edit on 25-6-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing You can't blame me for voting against Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney though?

*shakes head*

I will often disagree with your opinion, but I will never deny your right to express it.

But it was Sarah Palin and MItt Romney. You got to give me something for that! LOL

I realize that you don't have to give me anything and that we do disagree a lot on politics, but...Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney?
edit on 25-6-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

I voted for Trump, and I have no problem being labeled a "Trump" supporter and I'll gladly vote for him again. Why? Because I don't like bullies and that's exactly what the media, libs, dems what ever are doing right now just because their person didn't get elected. That's why I'd vote for him again. Why did I vote for him in the first place? Because he wasn't a career politician, I felt we needed change and his interests were in making America number one. I hope this makes sense.

You made sense. And especially since the "other' Candidate was Hillary, I will never deride anyone for voting for Trump. I voted third party this time because I couldn't stand either of them.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It makes us "Trump Supporters" because that's his current agenda and that's the label that gets hung on us for liking those things.

It also makes us convenient targets for people like the ones who are doing all this harassing.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

*shakes head*

But it was Sarah Palin and MItt Romney. You got to give me something for that! LOL

I realize that you don't have to give me anything and that we do disagree a lot on politics, but...Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney?

Those candidates were picked to insure a 2 term Obama presidency.

The republicans are just as bad as the democrats.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join