It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the Star Child: Lifelike reconstruction of Julius Caesar reveals extraordinary head

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Remember the star child folks, well it turns out one of the greatest leader of all time had a head/skull the same shape as star child.

I believe it was due to hydrocephalus but who knows?? An odd shape if you ask me.

A new 3D reconstruction of Julius Caesar’s head gives unprecedented insight into what the famous Roman general looked like all those years ago - including the bizarre proportions of his cranium. The bust was revealed at an event to promote a new book on Caesar by archaeologist Tom Buijtendorp at at the National Museum of Antiquities in Leiden, the Netherlands, on Friday. Buijtendorp came up with the idea of recreating Caesar’s head based on a marble bust of the ancient Roman leader that’s held at the Rijksmuseum van Oudheden.

RT NEWS

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
That is pretty Interesting. If the recreation is accurate perhaps Caesar has some H. Capensis lineage.
www.smithsonianmag.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

From all if the sculpture busts of him, they seem similar but that new one looks exaggerated.

It could be right, and may or may not be due to hydroencephalus. Neanderthals had interesting skull shapes too that were natural to them.

Either way...very curious...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Yep, it does seem rather odd. Most, if not all busts of Caesar have been of a handsome well formed "perfect man" types. This, if true, and it does seem that way, blows everything out of the water huh?

Odd??

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

Yep, it does seem rather odd. Most, if not all busts of Caesar have been of a handsome well formed "perfect man" types. This, if true, and it does seem that way, blows everything out of the water huh?

Odd??

Oh I don't know simply because after all this time we still talk about him and make movies of his conquest and death..

Myself I wish they could do one on Cleopatra !!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Holy Crap.. He looks like a fugitive from Easter Island...

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I can't be the only one to see a resemblance to Putin.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
From what I've read the odd shape could be due to craniosynostosis, where the different parts of the skull prematurely fuse.

In babies suffering from craniosynostosis, premature fusing of the bones can occur in one or more of the joints (called cranial sutures) in the baby’s skull. The severity of the defect depends in part upon how many sutures fuse prematurely. In some babies, only one suture will close, causing little more damage than a misshapen head. However, when multiple sutures fuse shut prematurely, the growth of the baby’s brain may become restricted and pressure within the skull increases.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Analysing an artist's impression of a head, even a contemporary artist, is hardly as reliable as analysing the skull itself.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Weren't there paintings and sculptures done of Julius during his lifetime?

I thought we already knew what he looked like.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Right. Curly hair, historians say brown and brown eyes. Straight slender nose. Close set but not too close set eyes.
Unless these are all imagination.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Or maybe he looked like any other human being, and the artist that "reconstructed" the bust has no talent whatsoever and should be working as a waiter instead.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I found thes imaes here. Hard to say what he looked like. www.google.com... wQsAQIKw&biw=1229&bih=585

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I found thes imaes here. Hard to say what he looked like. www.google.com... wQsAQIKw&biw=1229&bih=585

These are not that different than the one the OP linked to in RT.

Extremely interesting. Especially since the ancient Romans were known to appreciate beauty and good looks and yet their Caesar has a misshapen head?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

He doesn’t look as tough as I pictured him in my head. I’m a little disappointed.

top topics

join