It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Mexican Cities Hugging US Border Among the Country’s Most Dangerous

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
So this entire open borders nonsense bothers me. It's completely illogical. If Mexico was Canada it might make more sense because Canada isn't having cartels skin police officer alive right near the border in California.

CNSNews

Tijuana sits opposite San Diego, while Ciudad Juarez hugs the border with El Paso. The Mexican cities each have more than one million inhabitants.

The 2016 murder rate in Ciudad Juarez is the highest in four years, said Francisco Rivas, director of the citizens’ group Observatorio Nacional Ciudadano which monitors federal crime statistics.

So right on the border 2 of the most dangerous cities in probably the world are just sitting there and people are asking for open borders. This makes absolutely no sense. I know a lot of Mexicans and for the most part they are pretty American. They for sure fit out culture better than imports from the Middle East. If they were normalized socially I would say annex them add their states to the US and I would love to travel through there more.

Explain to me how an open borders, no nation no borders bs is going to work??
edit on 23-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Because those are both very small on a global scale and if the country of Mexico was USA 2.0 then they would almost certainly be reigned in accordingly and the populations would not live in fear.

I have been to Juarez, did work on US consulate there. Nice place.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Explain to me why you think anyone wants open borders, allowing drug cartels and gangs in.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I wonder why the President hasn't declared economic war on Mexico?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

but but but they're humans with flesh and blood how dare you you racist

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
So this entire open borders nonsense bothers me. It's completely illogical. If Mexico was Canada it might make more sense because Canada isn't having cartels skin police officer alive right near the border in California.

CNSNews

Tijuana sits opposite San Diego, while Ciudad Juarez hugs the border with El Paso. The Mexican cities each have more than one million inhabitants.

The 2016 murder rate in Ciudad Juarez is the highest in four years, said Francisco Rivas, director of the citizens’ group Observatorio Nacional Ciudadano which monitors federal crime statistics.

So right on the border 2 of the most dangerous cities in probably the world are just sitting there and people are asking for open borders. This makes absolutely no sense. I know a lot of Mexicans and for the most part they are pretty American. They for sure fit out culture better than imports from the Middle East. If they were normalized socially I would say annex them add their states to the US and I would love to travel through there more.

Canada is not destroying south American countries just so that you can be all ridiculously pretensious and self absorbed. and then complain that the families you destroyed go ask you for retribution. maybe you should start looking into that before becoming all so indignant or whatever

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

but but but they're humans with flesh and blood how dare you you racist

Because they make guitars for the American consumer .

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

What open border thing?
Trump has you all convinced that people who don't agree with him just want the exact opposite of him. He's myopic at the very least. A liar at best.
No one is calling for open borders. Anyone who believes that is as dumb as he is.
edit on 6242018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Exactly. But it works as a wedge for trump and he knows his days are numbered unless he can keep the immigration issue an open sore.
He's telling them not to work on the problem until after the midterms because he WANTS the controversy in the news in November. If they solve the problem before the midterms he looses his most popular platform agenda.
edit on 6242018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

I don't get your post.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

CNSNews

Canada is not destroying south American countries just so that you can be all ridiculously pretensious and self absorbed. and then complain that the families you destroyed go ask you for retribution. maybe you should start looking into that before becoming all so indignant or whatever

Ummm...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggghhht...how obviously...pretentious...oh and...self absorbed of us to want to turn away drug cartels and their violence...and the criminal gangs and their networks...cause...they got kids too...they’re just not their own kids...but what the hell...so they’re trafficked...who cares about that...cause...indignant or whatever...

Sheesh...the sheer hubris...I mean...can you imagine...?

YouSir

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have traveled to Mexico about 25 times. There are areas in most city’s that street smart travelers simply do not go. Back in the late 90’s in Ciudad Juarez homes resembled armed fortress. The last time I was passing through Tijuana (2006), I saw a young man, about 15, walking down the street carrying an AK-47, he was in plane sight of the local police, yet wasn’t stopped. The police, we called the local yo-yos, are incredibly corrupt. I have been pulled over several times for a shake down. Most of the time I could get by with a few bucks for “buying them lunch “ or a few beers or soft drinks out of my cooler.

My friends and I once traveled the Yucatán province with impunity and from Cancun to Belize by Jeep, off the beaten path, today I wouldn’t do that on a bet. If you are lucky you would only get robbed and left a foot in the jungle.

Nearly every business in the tourist areas pay protection money to one on the local cartels, or you are forced to sell drugs in your shop or bar. If you refuse to pay or sell drugs, they beat or kill one of your relatives. It’s just that simple and that brutal. Acapulco is a total loss, Cancun and Ply del Carman are teetering on the edge. Gun fire is heard nearly every night. The authorities downplay the violence because it will affect the tourism. Most Americans have no idea how things work behind the resorts facade.

I love the Mexican people and have many friends there, but I do not want open borders.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Yup. My friends in California always told me to bring extra money to pay off the federalies just in case they pull you over.

I would seriously consider buying property and moving to the Yucatan. I would love to turn my weekends into trips to the Mayan pyramids and hikes through the jungle.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Yes, your government gave guns and money to those drug cartels and created all the destruction in those countries to further your goals and keep those countries poor

You can't be the wealthiest guy in the block if everyone is equal, so you have to make them go poor

Have some decency, you are showing your weakness just like i said, pretending you can't see the truth while living off the suffering of those guys down in latin america and pretending they are a bother and looking down on them.

Nasty stuff

Here's a very weird idea, how about not destroying or meddling in other countries so that they go poor and you all can extract the resources to make your lives better at the cost of the life of those kids. Maybe then they will not need to go knock on your door to ask for help

And then you can stop bitching about all those poor uneducated brown people are intruding in your beautiful clean world that was raised on the blood of innocents. How about that?
edit on 24-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

a reply to: Nickn3

Yup. My friends in California always told me to bring extra money to pay off the federalies just in case they pull you over.

I would seriously consider buying property and moving o be stand uto the Yucatan. I would love to turn my weekends into trips to the Mayan pyramids and hikes through the jungle.

I nearly bought a home in Pla del Carman, I am glad I didn’t. I don’t know what I would do if I was forced to pay protection money or sell drugs. I know a few people that simply walked away and came to the States or went back to Europe.
It’s not typically the Federalies it’s the local police (tan uniforms). The Fed’s (black uniforms) that I have met appears to be stand up guys, but they are outnumbered, and graft is everywhere, judges, politicians. Everywhere.
edit on 24-6-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Explain to me why you think anyone wants open borders, allowing drug cartels and gangs in.

I live up north. Feds just busted 35 cartel working up here. Almost all were non-citizens here without the knowledge of officials. Didn't hear about it on the regular news but saw it in the local "Spanish" news paper. We did have two larger busts of cartel that were in English news outlets (LOL). There was even a cartel hit up here......guy running a store shot to death because his brother was going to testify in fed court against cartel.

Anyway yea the easy entry into this country over the last 20 makes it easy for so much bad stuff.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Nope. Only good people come across the border. There is no cartel. The cartel is actually good people too now that I think of it. They wouldn't exploit our system. I know they wouldn't because Pelosi said so.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I wonder why the President hasn't declared economic war on Mexico?

Mexico isnt trying to take over the Pacific rim or being used as a "rocket proxy" LOL

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Funny thing. The most dangerous city in the US(Detroit) is on our southern border too.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

LOL.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join