It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border patrol checking citizenship of New England bus riders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

What we don't need is hyperbolic responses followed by overreactive flinches.
edit on 24-6-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: Autocorrect sucks

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Kick illegals out if they get caught by the authorities. It's what Britain does.
I won't personally report someone but I won't cry if they get caught.

EDIT
Curiously though if my EU friends are threatened with deportation after Brexit we have already made plans, we'll switch addresses, hide them, and physically fight immigration.
edit on 24-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'm not the Underground Railroad. I wouldn't harbor illegals, aid nor abet them in my country. Borders exist for reasons as do immigration and entry laws. I agree with those reasons.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I'll help my loved friends everytime.
If my EU national mates have even a sniff of deportation after Brexit then I and everyone I know will fight authority to protect them.
Glad I'm not your mate, doesn't seem like I could rely on you to cover my back.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Dude, if you were a close friend, I'd cover your back. I don't have anyone in my inner circle who are in this nation illegally. If I did, maybe my position here would have some flexibility, but I don't so...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

We agree then. I'm talking about my EU mates who are worried about post Brexit.
We have an action plan and will fight if we need to.

EDIT
We'll even do the phony marriage thing, I already know who I'll be marrying, my Czech friend, I love her anyway but no way she is losing right to remain in the UK, not on my watch.
edit on 24-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Ya, maybe..so I guess might as well continue it
I guess the training works.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You people lost the whole point of the thread. Trump's goons are hassling everyone to find that needle in a haystack illegal. Soon they will bust down your door, look for illegals, then may say they are sorry, but probably not.

RESIST.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
a reply to: riiver

Presuming Mexico doesn't Western Union us $25 billion for the wall, I willing to consider something like Plan Columbia for Guatemala. If you stop the violence, they wont leave the country en masse. Put it can't be another Meridia Initiative.

I'm confused by this reply? I haven't posted an opinion one way or the other on immigration or what I think we should or shouldn't do about it. I was simply pointing out to Sillyolme, after she said "NO ONE wants" open borders, that in reality lots of people do. I didn't say I'm one of them or anything else about my stance on the issue. Just to clarify.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Ignoring that "Trumps goons" have been doing things like this for years--long before they were "Trumps goons".

Tell me, were you that upset then??

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Ignoring that "Trumps goons" have been doing things like this for years--long before they were "Trumps goons".

Tell me, were you that upset then??

You don't read very well. I have stated I didn’t like the Viper squads. However Trump is far more dangerous to civil liberties than Obama or Bush due to Trump's Nazi authoritarian philosophy and his whitw power lackies.

YELL FIRE!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I don't understand your beef in this OP--is it with SCOTUS rulings that say that these checkpoints within 100 miles of the border are constitutional, or is it with the CBP doing their jobs, or because it's not on the southern border, or because Trump is in office, that people are ignoring our laws and entering/remaining here illegally, or because laws are actually being enforced?

Or all of the above?

I mean, I get outrage if CBP is overstepping its legal authority or illegally stopping individual vehicles in a profiling effort, but nothing in that story is illegal or, according to SCOTUS (although I may disagree), unconstitutional.

So, again, what is your main beef?

In any event, know your rights with border patrol

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I don't understand your beef in this OP--is it with SCOTUS rulings that say that these checkpoints within 100 miles of the border are constitutional, or is it with the CBP doing their jobs, or because it's not on the southern border, or because Trump is in office, that people are ignoring our laws and entering/remaining here illegally, or because laws are actually being enforced?

Or all of the above?

I mean, I get outrage if CBP is overstepping its legal authority or illegally stopping individual vehicles in a profiling effort, but nothing in that story is illegal or, according to SCOTUS (although I may disagree), unconstitutional.

Just because something is legal does not mean the government should do it. That is the CBP is not required to act like a bunch of Nazi goons. Rather CBP was instructed to behave like Nazis. Papers please!

FIGHT THE POWER.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

So, throw out name calling and tired references to Nazi phrases.

Okay, then--it appears that you have a disconnect from the reality of what the phrase "law enforcement" means, but that's fine.

Have you contacted your congressperson and advocated for the creation of a bill to change the law that makes illegal entry a crime? Have you petitioned Senators or even the POTUS as a advocate for changing the laws that these agents are tasked with enforcing?

What have you don't that has been proactive to stop these "Nazi goons" from "behave[ing] like Nazis" and yelling, "Papers, please?"

That's a serious question, because you seem passionate about your view on the matter, so what have you done to effect change?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Or all of the above?

I couldn't see what the OP was unhappy about either, what's wrong with checking if someone is in the country illegally or not?
I rarely carry any identification in the UK so if there was some law requiring me to I'd probably campaign against that, but if a cop want's to ask me some questions I've no problem with it.
In the UK if you are not driving a vehicle then a cop can only ask you what you are you up to then search your person and belongings. If they have no reasonable suspicion that you have carried out a crime then we can refuse to give our names or details. I've done it a couple of times just because I can.

I won't report anyone I think is illegally working here, good luck to them, it must be daily fear of getting caught, but I won't cry if the authorities catch them, it's a cat and mouse game is all, but I haven't really got a cat in the fight.
The illegals do the crappy jobs Brits don't want to do like cheap hand car wash or toilet attendant in nightclubs etc, good luck to them.

EDIT
If you are the driver of a vehicle then you have to give your details to cops or they can arrest you, passengers don't though, I've refused loads of times on the way back from activism, protests or raves/free parties, just tell the cop he knows the law, I'm not the driver so I don't have to.

edit on 25-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

JUst a quick question, if any US member has read my rembling reply here, I'm just wondering what the law is when cops ask you guys for name etc?
Can you refuse like I can if they have no 'reasonable suspicion' that I've committed a crime, if I'm not the driver of a vehicle?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I won't report anyone I think is illegally working here, good luck to them, it must be daily fear of getting caught, but I won't cry if the authorities catch them, it's a cat and mouse game is all, but I haven't really got a cat in the fight.
The illegals do the crappy jobs Brits don't want to do like cheap hand car wash or toilet attendant in nightclubs etc, good luck to them.

Yeah, I'm empathetic to that notion, as I fully understand someone trying to earn a living versus someone here running drugs or trafficking people, and having grown up in Southern California in a town surrounded by agriculture, I knew my fair share of places that had illegal immigrants working for them.

And I'll tell you what, they are some of the hardest workers that I have ever seen--they certainly have my respect as people, just not in regards as to how they came into the country.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Yeah, I'm empathetic to that notion, as I fully understand someone trying to earn a living versus someone here running drugs or trafficking people, and having grown up in Southern California in a town surrounded by agriculture, I knew my fair share of places that had illegal immigrants working for them.

And I'll tell you what, they are some of the hardest workers that I have ever seen--they certainly have my respect as people, just not in regards as to how they came into the country.

That's nice to read, I'm the same in outlook, they work hard for probably less than the legal minimum wage, I say respect to anyone who is escaping some other life to be exploited here, that other life must be pretty piss poor if it's worth doing it here.

What's the deal with giving ID to police in your nation, can you refuse as I've described I can?
Only drivers of vehicles, and anyone the police have 'reasonable suspicion' committed a crime are legally required to here.
Refusal to identify yourself is not reasonable suspicion you've committed a crime under English law.

EDIT
You can even fight border force and immigration officials here and it is just common assault/actual bodily harm depending on the damage you do. There is no legal offence like 'resisting arrest' or 'assaulting a police officer' with Crown servants lol
When they do a bust they always take cops. I watched one not long ago when I was working, shouted stuff like "I've got a couple of Vietnamese guys here doing a cannabis grow, pop in when you've finished there" they laughed to be fair.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Well, it's a state issue, as we don't have federal IDs, so I'll only answer for here in the Commonwealth of Kentucky--actually, it may be easier for you just to check out this KY Department of Public Advocacy web page that discusses it, but in general, unless you are driving a vehicle, it would seem that all that you are required to do is give the officer your name.

I'm a little different, because I carry a concealed weapon and must have my license to do so on my person any time that I'm carrying, and an officer has the right to see the license any time that he/she wants.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Ah that makes sense with the concealed carry thing, I don't know the deal carrying a firearm in the UK, there's an old guy I see most days in my street off to shoot whatever he shoots, I imagine he has his license on him.

That link was an interesting read, thanks, I always like reading how it is for other countries.
Don't have to give your name here if you are not driving a vehicle or there is no 'reasonable suspicion' you've committed a crime.
...the "IF YOU WERE MISTREATED BY THE POLICE" made me chuckle, the advice about basically complying calmly. I took a baton off a cop once who was too quick to use it, threw it over a wall and he crapped it then when it was just two men with fists lol.
I complied when his backup arrived but his mates were laughing and teasing him that he'd lost his stick. Didn't even get arrested, they let me go because it was a case of mistaken identity.
I mockingly saluted them as I would an officer when I was in the Navy as they drove away...they were laughing.
edit on 25-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: added "mockingly"

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I practice the art of Eskrima--whenever I hear of a police officer using and losing their stick, it makes me shudder.

I bet that I would laugh if I ever saw the training that they receive to use those things, if any. It wouldn't surprise me if they are just sent out on their patrol and told to 'just swing the thing.'

It's nice to hear cops with a sense of humor, though. Most that I know retain their sense of humor even while on the job. Where all of these stories of roided-up American cops come from is beyond me--stupid media seems to have a fetish in exploiting those instances and making them seem like the norm over here.

In case you're bored:

(Kali and Eskrima are exceptionally similar, it just depends on from where in the Philippines your grandmaster received training as to what they call it)

edit on 25-6-2018 by SlapMonkey because: I added that gem of a video

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join