It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border patrol checking citizenship of New England bus riders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

If the UK started checking citizenship I wouldn't have a problem with it.
If you are here illegally I wouldn't personally report to authorities but I won't cry if the authorities catch you.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

It's OK soon you won't need to show your papers you will only have to have your barcode scanned.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I’m going to take it you mean when the prescence of an LEO and IRS agent are inhabiting a house in America, crime is more likely to be found.... you may be onto something there! How disrespectful and rude to our hard-working taxpeople and law enforcement. Lots of good folks work in both places.
LMAO

What is this, time to be back quartered soldiers? Is this 1776, Boston, MA??

For real. What are you implying?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

how does having open borders with Juarez and TJ make any sense to anybody with a brain?

I see. You think that more than half of American has no brain.
Your color is showing.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's OK soon you won't need to show your papers you will only have to have your barcode scanned.

Get with the times, it's QR codes now, I already have mine in ink on my wrist!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I'm from New England. Don't care. Tell congress to fix the problem.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I wouldn't care either, if you are legal then nothing to worry about.
We had an immigration bust at a car wash here recently, everyone knew they were illegal but to get your car fully hand washed for £5 what would you expect lol.
I hope they managed to get some cash back to their families before they got deported.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I think this has to do with canada being overwhelmed for asylum seekers. We have people entering the US on tourist visas and running to the canadian border. Others such as daca recipients afraid they will be sent home run to canada. The problem is so bad they had to turn the stadium from the olympics in to a holding facility because they arrest everyone who enters the country illegally in Canada.

People will fly into new york take the bus north and at the grey hound bus terminal taxi cabs take them to the border.

By the way its huge business for cab drivers picking up people at the bus station and driving them to canada. They are charging $750.00 or more for the trip.

So im sure this greyhound bus was stopped because it has been a known route for refugees trying to get to Canada. This was caused because Justin Trudeau made the mistake of saying that canada had a policy that anyone crossing illegally could apply for asylum when je attacked Trump on his policies.

Funny thing is every reaction has unintended consequences and now even some canadians are calling for border control. Having been to Canada a lot that is a shocking move from the norm. Its got to the point Canada is starting to turn back US citizens as well. Last time i was staying in an inn i had to send them full documentation proving i was a US citizen and will be on vacationing there. And last year when i crossed Canadian mounties were checking US cirizens crossing.

In the past id say have nothing to declare or say i have a case of beer they would say ok welcome to canada. Last year i was pulled aside had to allow inspection and show proof o had reservations which they called and confirmed.
edit on 6/24/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Britain is strict with illegal immigrants, they get held in detention centres and if they have no valid claim for asylum they get kicked out. This also includes people with a valid claim to asylum but can be proven to have been in a safe country prior to entry.
It's why the unwashed criminal masses at Calais in France don't register there because if they make it to Britain and it can be proven they were in that safe country first they'll be kicked out.

Being an island nation does give us a massive advantage though, also, our borders with France and Belgium are 'juxtaposed' so our border force control it on the continental side. Good thing as well, the French would just let them on the ferries and train to get rid of them here if they had a chance.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Stop listening to trumps stupidity. NO ONE wants open borders. No one is asking for that or running on the idea. He's an idiot who believes it he tells you something enough times you'll believe it.

Oh wait...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

That ain't bacon. I don't care what they call it. It's ham. This is my biggest peeve in regards to Canada . Lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This crap is a clear Federal government abuse of the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendments.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

We don't have any constitution in the UK but the laws do protect us. A cop can ask me where I'm going and search my belongings but if he doesn't have reasonable suspicion that I've committed a crime then I don't have to give him my name or address.
I've refused a couple of times in my life, just because I can. Both cops chuckled that I knew the law.

EDIT
What I said doesn't apply if you are driving a vehicle though, you will be arrested if pulled over and refuse to give your details. Walking on the street though you can refuse, and it is fun refusing, just for the chuckle that the law is protecting you.
edit on 24-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I did not look to deeply at this, cant say I am especially bothered with it... I mean cause with the real ID and my state being slow on reacting to anything I have to carry a passport if I am flying inside the continental US.

My W.A.G. on this particular situation is the FED has an idea of where the illegals are moving to and they are hoping to catch them off guard further from the border.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
a reply to: RadioRobert

Nope. I had a big problem with the Viper squads. Who said TSA could leave their cage!

I really hate check points. In urban areas, they cause huge traffic jams. What really burns me is that only check every third car (for example). So you sit in traffic just to get waved on by.

I must have just missed your old threads using them as an excuse for accusing the O-man of making war on his citizens and building a police state. Lol

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
because they arrest everyone who enters the country illegally in Canada

Ummm...say it ain’t so...

How racist...and and...fascist...not to mention exclusionary...oh the humanity...

Think of the children...

I can see the Mooseville Times cover now...Justin in his sarong staring smugly down on a crying little illegal girl...

It doth tug at the heart strings so...doth it not...?

Kleenex anyone...anyone...?

YouSir

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Britain is strict with illegal immigrants, they get held in detention centres and if they have no valid claim for asylum they get kicked out.

Ummm...OMG...Britain too...?

What an evil evil empire...why...these exclusionary tactics just will not do...

I shall report this clear violation of the open borders agenda to the high commissioner...at once I tell you...at once...

How very...un-homogeneous...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Funny. How many of you have your panties in a twist about this. Nobody's mentioned anything about how you can be stopped ANY PLACE, at any time so that the Police can see if you have been drinking. The Supreme Court said that was OK too.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Britain is strict with illegal immigrants, they get held in detention centres and if they have no valid claim for asylum they get kicked out.

Ummm...OMG...Britain too...?

What an evil evil empire...why...these exclusionary tactics just will not do...

I shall report this clear violation of the open borders agenda to the high commissioner...at once I tell you...at once...

How very...un-homogeneous...

YouSir

Lol High Commissioner.
I won't personally report any illegal immigrants, even if they are being pricks or whatever, our community will sort them out for that, but if they get caught by authorities tough luck.
It surprises me when I read US members calling it racist n stuff, Britain is well strict, we have to be, most of the worlds English speaking migrant workers want to come here and our island is not that big.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
Das papers please

The border patrol is harassing people who live within 100 miles of the border. This is common along the southern border, but now an emboldened border patrol is looking for illegals along the northern border (Maine) and the east coast (New Hampshire)

If you are a citizen, the ACLU says you don't have to talk to the SS.
www.aclu.org...

Never consent to a car search. Cops, CBP, whatever. Nothing good can come from a car search. There are cases where candles were claimed to be used to transport drugs, cash had been stolen, etc.

Needless to say Trump's war on illegals has become a war on citizens. Feel free to pee and n your MAGA hat.

Either your ignorant or coulding with the treason that is going on. I was stationed up in Portland Maine. They have special programs for the chain migration illegals from Africa. The Maine hospital's ER is packed with them, bringing in their diseases from Africia. The Maine Immigrant hotline provides OUR money to pay for housing, cars, trucks, food, and clothing. The Red Bank Village in South Portland is over 80 percent illegal from chain migration. In the D.M.V (Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia) I have seen the fake Ghana Passports and have reported them to the State Department. We pay for MILLIONS in free health, education and welfare to these frauds. And you have the audacity to say "papers please." You are NOT part of the solution, YOU ARE part of the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join