It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border patrol checking citizenship of New England bus riders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Das papers please

The border patrol is harassing people who live within 100 miles of the border. This is common along the southern border, but now an emboldened border patrol is looking for illegals along the northern border (Maine) and the east coast (New Hampshire)

If you are a citizen, the ACLU says you don't have to talk to the SS.
www.aclu.org...

Never consent to a car search. Cops, CBP, whatever. Nothing good can come from a car search. There are cases where candles were claimed to be used to transport drugs, cash had been stolen, etc.

Needless to say Trump's war on illegals has become a war on citizens. Feel free to pee and n your MAGA hat.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
how does having open borders with Juarez and TJ make any sense to anybody with a brain?

have you ever seen the border? I have. When you're in San Diego on the north side of it up by the Naval base you can see TJ and San Diego. What you see is 1 giant city and right through the middle of it is a line where it goes from 1st world nation to dirty 3rd world nation

it blew my mind the first time I seen it

Juarez? yeah try being near the border of Juarez let's try to the open borders thing there see how that works, they should be checking people some of the most dangerous places in the world are right on the otherside of the border!!!

come on people

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

On Interstate 95 near the remote northern Maine town of Lincoln this week, the Border Patrol said it made nine drug seizures and two arrests for immigration violations during an 11-hour checkpoint operation in which agents asked motorists about their place of birth and citizenship status.

Sounds like they had intel. Unless someone is suggesting that it was blind luck.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Strike up the band, here they come.

They're looking to crack the traffickers and smugglers.

Gunna git HOT !!

💥⚖💥
edit on Jun-23-2018 by xuenchen because: 😲

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

And so it makes sense to hassle people people in Maine? Maybe they are smuggling maple syrup or that round bacon.

What a waste of tax dollars. Worse than those Viper squads.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Or there's that much traffic regularly as they make their way to sanctuary in Canada who promised to take them in. Maybe just drop them off at the border.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

And miss out on revenue? ? ?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

On Interstate 95 near the remote northern Maine town of Lincoln this week, the Border Patrol said it made nine drug seizures and two arrests for immigration violations during an 11-hour checkpoint operation in which agents asked motorists about their place of birth and citizenship status.

Sounds like they had intel. Unless someone is suggesting that it was blind luck.

If you had a cop and an IRS agent in every household, you would find a lot of crime. Police states are quite safe, well excluding the dictator arresting you for not singing his praises. Trump has created a police state.

RESIST!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The SCOTUS decided internal checkpoints are legal. I agree it's a pile of horse #, but I don't know how you'd stop them. You can refuse to answer questions which probably doesn't work as well if you're Hispanic because then they'll probably detain you instead of waving you thorough in frustration.

I get stopped all the time on the way into and out of SoCal when I go by car, btw. So believe me, I feel strongly about internal checkpoints.
edit on 23-6-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Folks like you are laughable. Police state? Dictator?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
Das papers please

The border patrol is harassing people who live within 100 miles of the border. This is common along the southern border, but now an emboldened border patrol is looking for illegals along the northern border (Maine) and the east coast (New Hampshire)

If you are a citizen, the ACLU says you don't have to talk to the SS.
www.aclu.org...

Never consent to a car search. Cops, CBP, whatever. Nothing good can come from a car search. There are cases where candles were claimed to be used to transport drugs, cash had been stolen, etc.

Needless to say Trump's war on illegals has become a war on citizens. Feel free to pee and n your MAGA hat.

The first reasonable question is what/who are they looking for? A dirty bomb? Illegal aliens with a dirty bomb? I don't know, but shouldn't you know what it is before making a thread about it?

Oh nosssss. You afraid the big bad border patrol will pull you over and harass you because you not a citizen? I understand their job and the s%%% they have to face on a constant battlefield. I would gladly show them my I.D. and tell them what a wonderful job they are doing and to keep it up. The average citizen, hence Hilary's popular vote, is to dumb to understand what is going on around them.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Folks like you are laughable. Police state? Dictator?

It seems to forget the illegal network of the ABC outfits to spy on our own people, but now it's a Police state. But sometimes I think it might have to be a police state to get straightened out, but god help us all if it comes to that, because that is a power the government would not give up lightly.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Also, here's a few older articles where Obama was trying to set up his stasi. I'm sure G just missed the news the last decade.

www.watertowndailytimes.com...

www.chronicle.com...

www.wired.com...

www.thehighroad.org.../border-patrol-checkpoints-in-washington-state.427604/

And on American, on, and on, and on, ...

"Needless to say Obama's war on illegals ha d become a war on citizens. Obama created a police state."

But hey, never miss a chance to yell, "Trump is Hitler! "

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Abusive border patrol is not because of Trump. It is absolutely ridiculous to even think that it is.

As someone who used to drive back and forth from USA to Canada in the past, these people have always been overzealous and a bunch of idiots, and they are trained and made to be that way. They don't have to be that way still, but they usually are. This is not because of the current president.
And as the above poster mentions, under Obama I do remember this garbage harassment at the Canadian/US border being amped up exponentially not long after he fooled his voting base to put him in the White House. These are holdover Obama policies you are discussing.

edit on 24-6-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It would be kind of racist to not secure all borders wouldn’t it? I mean if we just look for illegals on the southern border it would be weird, right?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It would be kind of racist to not secure all borders wouldn’t it? I mean if we just look for illegals on the southern border it would be weird, right?

It's racist to secure an international border if you're an American. If it's Germany stopping a rapist from entering, it's okay. If it is American stopping a racist from entering... its xenophobic and morally reprehensible....

lets have media borders but have no borders...
edit on 6/24/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I am resisting
Resisting placing anything of value into ignorant threads.

Viva La Resistance!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Nope. I had a big problem with the Viper squads. Who said TSA could leave their cage!

I really hate check points. In urban areas, they cause huge traffic jams. What really burns me is that only check every third car (for example). So you sit in traffic just to get waved on by.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: Metallicus

It's racist to secure an international border if you're an American. If it's Germany stopping a rapist from entering, it's okay. If it is American stopping a racist from entering... its xenophobic and morally reprehensible....

lets have media borders but have no borders...

Who said the borders are the insecure? Ok the northern border is a joke. But plenty of people are caught on the southern border.

While I am at it, has Trump sent Mexico an invoice for $25 billion? If you don't invoice, you aren't going to get paid. I thought Trump was a businessman. This is business 101. No wonder he went BK 6 times.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

If you had a cop and an IRS agent in every household, you would find a lot of crime. Police states are quite safe, well excluding the dictator arresting you for not singing his praises. Trump has created a police state.

RESIST!

Agree with you...

It is actually feels and sounds like rebirth of the dreaded Gestapo if not worse.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join