It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From My Cold Dead Hands.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Saw this bumpersticker yesterday. It read:

FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

But that was it. Nothing else. We thought it was a spoof or a slam on the NRA and Charleton Heston's comments because the bumpersticker didn't say NRA on it. We had a really good laugh about it.

But then, I started to think that maybe this actually WAS an NRA bumpersticker. Has anyone seen this blue and white bumpersticker? Is this the NRA's real mentality and the image they are TRYING to protray? I'm not a member so I'm not sure what their mindset actually is. (Personally, I kind of hope it's a joke. If not, I know a great Ad agency that could help them out a whole lot!)

[edit on 20-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Actually, I think Charlton Heston was just quoting a much older line. I remeber seeing this on T-shirts and hats over the last twenty years and I believe Mr. Heston quoted this within the last decade. This was just one of many popular lines that used to grace the front of T-shirts in the eighties. Personally, I liked the slogan "I support the right to keep and arm bears" much better.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Charlton Heston addressing some mass National Rifle Association gathering where he bellowed the familiar NRA message of resistance -

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands."

new topics

top topics

join