It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eggs don't taste eggy anymore

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
All the years of salt, sugar, preservatives, pesticides, hormones, and fertilizers have deadened your sense of taste and smell. a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think what the mod said below about their diet is likely the culprit behind your non eggy eggs.
Free range chickens will produce a better taste, or so I've heard as I'm not a fan of eggs.

I've noticed similar with vegetables, this year more so than others or it is a stronger realization this year. Two of my favorite summer treats is tzatziki and various cucumber salads. 'Regular' store bought, just off the shelf even the organics, cucumbers are quite bland. Farmers market produce is much better and produces delicious results, in a meal or right out of the garden. My home garden has begun producing and these are the best hands down. From color to aroma to flavor...there is a very distinct difference.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

For heaven's sake please dont tell the Mandela effect people about this...

Pretty soon they'll start telling us that their chicken stir fry tastes like fruit loops and is a sign of timeline manipulation.

Fact: it tastes like fruit loops because of the 10 hits of acid you took, not because Dr. Who wanted to ruin your dinner.

Lol, you are so angsty about people who identify with ME that you are bringing it up on a completely unrelated thread just to make yourself feel better by crapping on others?

Thats really funny man.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I get my eggs from a coworker, who has about 30 chickens at his house. The eggs are all different shapes and sizes and colors...Love 'em though because they taste darned good. Rich and thick...like happy eggs from happy chickens.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I think that it has more to do with what we're feeding the flora and fauna that we eat than anything else.

Sewage in, sewage out. I've notice the issue more with produce than with eggs, though--fruits and veggies have what I can only describe as a diluted flavor, and sometimes no flavor at all (what's with those dry-ass, flavorless oranges?).

Feeding animals GMO feed with lab-produced vitamins and medications will obviously change the flavor. Slathering our produce in pesticides and lab-produced fertilizers will obviously change the flavor.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Years ago I was able to pick organic oranges straight from an orange grove in Florida. The grove had been in the farmers family for over 100 years. It was January, the temperature was around 90 degree. The oranges were the most delicate, tender delicious oranges I've ever had. It didn't resemble anything in the stores at all. Everything about it was different, the scent, the texture and flavor. The texture was the most noticeable.

I have no clue what they are doing to oranges to make them tough and dry and flavorless, with tons of that white pith. The ones at the grove had little to no pith. It almost seems like some kind of freak hybrid that is able to withstand longer shipping. Yuck!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Nacho cheese was a creamy orange, now it's this bright almost florescent orange that looks plastic.

It was plastic to begin with orange cheese that is. All cheese should be closer to white...

www.mnn.com...

But for dairy farmers, that meant not being able to skim the cream to sell separately. When cows eat primarily green growing grass, the butterfat in milk is tinted a natural yellow, or even a orange-ish color, making whole milk cheese yellow in color.

Once that cream is skimmed from the milk, cheese made out of it would be plain white, a dead giveaway of lower quality cheese.

So, if you haven’t guessed it already, cheese makers started dying their cheese to try to hide the lack of cream in the cheese.

www.google.com.au...

Annatto is an orange-red condiment and food coloring derived from the seeds of the achiote tree (Bixa orellana). It is often used to impart a yellow or orange

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

If you can find them, get you some Cara Cara oranges--they are a variety of navel orange, but the meat of the orange is more red and it has a hint of berry flavor to it.

I have rarely encountered a bad one of those, and in general, they are easier to peal than standard navels, which I gave up buying years ago because they have become dry sacks of pulp with no flavor.

I think that you're right--I think that most standard navel oranges that we see in stores are GMOs meant to take longer to rot, but aren't recognizable as oranges anymore. Even the peel looks different than it used to.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I grow vegetables and fruits in my garden. The taste is simply extraordinary.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Judy21
I grow vegetables and fruits in my garden. The taste is simply extraordinary.

I could not grow my own bean plant at the lab in grade school lmfao so i guess you are some kind of genius xaxa

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join