It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Volcano's 10th Steamboat Eruption in 3 Months, Prior 10 Times in 30 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I did a thread recently, in regards to possible seismic activity at Yellowstone Lake, and it prompted me to do more digging. I found this interesting.

And it's not just residual seismo from other areas globally. I think we need to keep an eye on this.

Steamboat geyser has erupted 10 times in the past 3 months, prior to this it erupted 10 times in 30 years.

dfw.cbslocal.com...

Steamboat Geyser is now the world’s largest active geyser. It has erupted ten times in three months, but it wasn’t always so exciting. Before this year– Steamboat erupted ten times in nearly thirty years. According to officials, the activity is spurred on by a large magma field sitting just below the park.

Here's someone that knows what is going on, great explanations.

edit on 23-6-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Thank you for posting this. This is where ATS is at. And while this just may be nothing more than Mother Nature flexing her beautiful internal glory, if Yellowstone blows, “summer heating up” takes on new and dire meaning. Hopefully not in our lifetimes.

Stay vigilant.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Stay vigilant?
If Yellowstone blows most of the US is screwed, and potentially massive problems even here in the UK.
Vigilance won't be much help.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I starred your post for fun. But I’d say my saying stay vigilant is about as relevant as your post then. So, stay vigilant. As you point out, if Yellowstone goes, most everything gets put into perspective real quick...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
There does seem to be increased activity underground all over the world for some reason. The Earth does seem to be shaking itself alot more than it has for a long long time.
If Yellowstone goes, we're all in for it. We can be vigilant, but other than that, there isn't a lot we can do.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

I starred you just for being friendly same as I am lol.
Honestly though if she erupts like a bad ass then it won't just be the US screwed, there would be massive economic collapse all over the world, it would be a total disaster. I hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Vigilance will, in fact, be very useful.

If the US government, through its environmental agencies and supplementary support networks, is able to keep abreast of the situation well enough, they might be able to give a little time to those whose task it is to perform rapid disaster response, relief planning, and evacuation. It won't be much, but even a few minutes warning of a developing situation can at least get resources moving a little faster, and accurate data as to what is going on with the regions seismology will aid in targeting the relief efforts which need to be made. If the event is large enough to threaten nuclear reactors in other locations in the States for example, or damage other critical infrastructure, those pieces of equipment can be at least shut down ahead of time, assuming sensible precautions are taken as a result of observance of data.

Furthermore, if PEOPLE, not the government, but people who live within the potential radius of effect for any large event at Yellowstone are clued up and tuned in, they can at least give themselves the best possible chance of coming out of whatever goes on, with all their limbs and organs intact. Keeping aware means that those who have the capacity to do so, can observe long term trends, compare current with historical readings, and if they feel concerned, get out of dodge.

On the international front, if the worlds seismic recording systems are watching this situation closely enough, the responses of other nations to potential fallout from any extreme eruption or other event at Yellowstone, can be immediate, rather than taking hours to put into effect. Money can be freed up ahead of the actual event, or right as it happens, to make possible all the protections necessary to survive whatever comes next. For example, getting flights cancelled or diverted with minimal fuss, getting aid efforts going where they need to, protecting assets at risk from airborne debris, and so on.

There ARE things that can be done to minimise casualties and losses. There may be nothing that can be done to avert a very serious disaster, but you can be damned sure that there is something that can be done to ensure that what can survive, does survive.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It also erupted July 6 & 20. Steamboat has always been predictable but this up-tick in activity has me wondering.

www.nps.gov...

new topics

top topics

join