It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retirement…Lemme tell you about it!!!!!! Not what you think!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Great, I will look forward to those tales.

I have a few of my own, some good, a couple funny, but most horrible.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
We live in a world built by our parents. It's their fault, it's your fault, it's my fault. We've all allowed it to happen, infatuated by those shiny dollars. Shark teeth. All of us. I've never had the desire to retire. But I will definitely change careers to something I enjoy at least a little bit by 40.

edit on 24-6-2018 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2018 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

Well, you might live in a world built by your parents, but I don't. Many people under 40 do, Millennials. Some even live in Mom's house, but I don't...never did. I busted my nuts for one hell of a long time, long before legal working age even reached the places where I was.

I live in a world made by me; I am responsible for it, and I am accountable to it. It was always my fault, because I was the only one who could do something to change it. I couldn't hold others accountable, but I could hold myself accountable.

With all due respect, please don't include me in your world. I came from a different place. One of complete accountability before even coming of age. There was no other choice.

I think your perspective will change pretty dramatically "by 40", and by 50 I can guarantee you it will!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Nobody ought to go out that way, denied basic pleasures, the ability and freedom to cookout, enjoy their hobbies, the odd vice or two and their skills in later life. Then theres the drugs too? The hell with that.

This is why I want to check out while I am still capable. A sword fight would do, I think. I want to know I am going, and I want to go out having made sure it cost whoever sent me away, something they can't get back. The hell with drifting off, chemically insensible. That sounds horrid. They never should have done that to your father.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Where is your mother now? Is she still in the retirement home?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Sadly, Mom passed away at the end of last year.

Same situation.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I am sorry to hear that. You are an orphan now

top topics

<< 1   >>

join