It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Only Workable Immigration Solution Is To .....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Would you rather tell the feds how many immigrants your state wants or would you rather the feds tell you how many immigrants your state will take?
edit on 24-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

False argument. There is no reason the Federal government can not determine who can be allowed into the US and keep people out, while States also have a say over refugee acceptance.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

False argument. There is no reason the Federal government can not determine who can be allowed into the US and keep people out, while States also have a say over refugee acceptance.

No reason other than the wording in the constitution and the fact that the current way of doing business has failed us and there is no acceptable fix in sight.

Do you really believe that if we keep failing that somehow it will turn into a win?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Please do tell me about how the states currently have a say in refugee settlements and immigrant numbers into their states.

Seems to me it is a corporate decision made by conservative stake holders in the housing and care of people that should not be getting money from the feds in the first place unless the states approve.

Just like the corporate prison system that we continue to feed via the unconstitutional drug laws the feds. get away with in the name of safety and public safety.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

you fail to see the conservative benefits of states rights

No, I see clearly your attempt to change the founding principles of the country through re-interpretation of the words used.

That is a cowardly and maliciously fraudulent method.

And if you want to debate the concept of whether immigration should be states rights, consider this: there is no immigration status allowed between states as part of the Constitution. I cannot be prohibited from going to Tennessee, or Georgia, or Wisconsin for that matter. So if the border states are allowed to set their own policies for immigration, they are in effect making immigration policy for all states. California could decide to open their border, while Texas decided to completely close theirs... immigrants could enter via California and enter Texas at will once in.

What you are desiring is not only not the way things are, but a call for zero border control disguised as some sort of conservative talking point. What you don't seem to understand is that conservatives rely much less on talking points than armadillos... we use rational thought instead.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I would rather the Feds follow their own laws and not be deciding where legal immigrants should be. If they are legal, they have the right to go where they will, in accordance with Federal law.

This is the problem with immigration as it now stands. All this refusal to enforce the laws has led to a broken system unable to absorb the influx of illegal immigration, and the result is that we don't have room for them! Yet, the armadillos keep screaming for more.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thank GOD...our President is coming around to placing common sense above inventing B.S. invented by government. Only I would sugges that he skip the prosecution part. Give them amnesty the first time, as they are delivered back across the border.

If they sneak into America a 2nd time, they should be taken back to their home country, if it's a family. Children under 18 who come here alone can stay. Single adults should imprisoned for a year or two.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: DBCowboy

Forget that. No MORE AMNESTY. Build a wall and deport everyone here illegally, no more anchor babies. No more anything. I'm tired of consolidating and running this country. No more.

Jaden

That’s how I would prefer it too. However if we want to get funding for the wall we have to make a deal with the devil (the Democratic Party) which is, we allow amnesty for no violent illegals currently in the country in exchange for funding for the wall.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

yea nice try to put words in my mouth.

There is no need to try to change the intent of the foundation.

what is clear is that they were not dumb and they worded it the way they did so that the states would have more rights and say than what many want to give them.

It is your future and if you choose slavery by the feds then that is on you.

You are responsible for the truth now that it has been presented to you.

they did not want big brother dictating to the states as we have now.

that is clear to most that understand they took a stand against the type of tyranny you protect.

they wanted to flow of power to go up and not down and they lived and died for that.

nwo's favorite sons post here

that is the truth bubba x

edit on 25-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Bubba is my cousin on my father's side. He looks nothing like me... well, he didn't when the cops caught him last time. Don't know about now, but they say he'll be out in 2 months.

Translation for the liberally-impaired:

"You guys quit figuring out what our true intent is! You're making it real hard for us to change the foundation of the country!"

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Bubba is my cousin on my father's side. He looks nothing like me... well, he didn't when the cops caught him last time. Don't know about now, but they say he'll be out in 2 months.

Translation for the liberally-impaired:

"You guys quit figuring out what our true intent is! You're making it real hard for us to change the foundation of the country!"

TheRedneck

gee how did i know

So why did the founders say naturalization is a function of the fed?

Why did they not include immigration as an enumerated power?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
California will force the issue in court and the wording is too clear to ignore.

It is best to get out in front of these things rather than duck the truth.

If we all start now we could find a working solution that brings more freedom and get control back over the immigration and the serious issue of the dems completely taking over because of voting and welfare.

Ignoring my points or trying to refute them is helping the dems. continue in the death of the states via the feds..

The words are as plain as day and the hour is getting late.

We got here simply because we needed cheap labor to build the railroads and we failed to create the system as the founders laid it out.

By continuing to allow the fed to have full say regarding immigration we tie our hands at the border and fail to naturalize the majority of new people.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Immigration is an inherent part of naturalization.

You know that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

follow our laws like I have to or get out of the country

simple

had enough of this crap my taxes are high enough already everything is taxed to death, that's the real cause of inflation as well as the Fed printing money

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

It's yet another attempt to try to separate Trump from his base. Like the one before it, like the one coming up. You are being played.

After all, it's hard to impeach a President with a 45% approval rating.

Like impossible.

I leave you with this quote...

Mr. Brightside
‏ @MrBrigh21239717
Replying to @RealCandaceO

I feel like the left just sits in a room spinning a bingo cage wheel with problems that have been around for decades... they pull one out once a month, blame it on Trump, offer zero solutions, then act like they're saving the world because they're upset all of a sudden.
5:03 AM - 18 Jun 2018

About sums it up.

awesome quote thanks

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You know that.

TheRedneck

No it is not!

One comes before the other.

The founders were not so short sided as to not recognize that.

You gotta understand they were immigrants and had no plans to limit immigration on a federal level or else we would not be here.

The concern at the time was not who was coming in but how they behaved after they got here.

My point is that if we want immigration to be a federal function then we need an amendment.

Just as if we want to properly make something illegal we have to amend the constitution.

After the Chinese came we freaked out and gave up much freedom of the states cause of the scary dangers of opium.

It is all there in the history books.

Clearly two separate issues.

Again for the big win together. Do you want the feds. to continue to tie the states hands concerning voting and welfare?

Voting and welfare would be a federal issue concerning naturalization.

Voting and welfare is not an issue concerning immigration unless you want everyone who crosses the border to have those rights with naturalizing.

If California wants to give their immigrants voting rights and welfare then it should be on a state level unless said immigrant has become a citizen.

If Texas does not want anyone coming in then they should be free to shut the door without the feds. telling them they can not deny entry.

Naturalization is not a function of immigration. It is a decided choice of how someone behaves AFTER they have immigrated.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Very ignorant statement.

One can indeed immigrate without naturalizing.

One can not naturalize without immigrating.

The founders knew this.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

follow our laws like I have to or get out of the country

simple

had enough of this crap my taxes are high enough already everything is taxed to death, that's the real cause of inflation as well as the Fed printing money

that would be a federal issue of naturalization.

that and the omnibus trump signed. he gave the dems everything on their list yet no repubicon will address this point.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

I suspect soon enough the first lady will be deported....zero tolerance

I am sure there is an error somewhere in her paperwork

Why? She is a US citizen like you and me.

This is already being done................duh...........that's one of the problems with catch and release.........they come back

The problem with catch and release is over 85% do not come back for their hearing... It's a get out of jail free card and the border lawyers know it and use it.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

it was hyperbole to show the possible effects of zero tolerance.

I heard the number was 40% but either way it would end if the states had the right to deport them instead of waiting on the unconstitutional ice agents do be told to do their job.

On the other hand if we had a voter id law and cut off funds for non citizens then it would be a non issue if they choose to stay no one would care as long as they do not break the law and if they did we could remove them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join