It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Only Workable Immigration Solution Is To .....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The wall is NEVER going to happen. Trust me. If it does, I'll come back to this thread and apologize.
Sure, there will probably be sections of it built here and there, and there will be lots of talk about it over the years, but it will never ever be actually built in any real and meaningful way.
The reason being is that it is a totally useless and idiotic idea and a complete waste of our money.
I don't care if Mexico wants to pay for it or Kim Jong, or Lil Kim or whoever, it will never be built.
Why?
Because anyone who thinks for more than a few minutes about this will come to realize how completely idiotic and pointless a wall would be.
I know tons of people back in nyc that are living here "illegally" and not a single one of them snuck over a border. They got in a plane, flew to America and got a job.
The wall is just an exercise in futility.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
You a reply to: xuenchen

This issue has become so polarized that now it's open borders or send everyone packing.

My solution?

Build a wall then amnesty.

Or find some ghost towns that no-one lives in anymore and let them build their own communities. So long as no crime is committed.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ever since the NAFTA agreement came into the picture,with drivers constantly crossing borders,the supposed emphacize was catching smugglers,and little attention paid to foot traffic,and the DEA/CIA let certain ones through,more black budget

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Many years ago (way too many years ago) I was a young, corporate-ladder-climbing believer in doing the right thing. One of my earliest responsibilities was over the light structural completion on the top floor of the local nuclear plant. So what do I do? I get bored pretty quickly with waiting for someone to need something, and got proactive. I made a list of all the projects on the floor, correlated based on status, and started verifying the ones not yet being constructed and resolving any problems I found.

I finally showed up at one of the weekly meetings I was known to skip out on. Everyone as usual took turns basically saying that everything was fine. Then I stood up and started giving detailed reports on where we were in the construction process, how fast we were going, what was left, and an estimated completion date.

Our engineer was sitting there with his mouth actually hanging open when I sat down.

The next week, I was transferred to another department.

Yeah, don't rock the boat... just sit there and look important. Only that don't work for long, and I can't seem to keep my big mouth shut anyway.

I say build the wall, everyone here eligible for DACA gets a (long) path to citizenship, and everyone else here illegally gets deported ASAP. If they commit a felony before we can deport them, they get deported after a mandatory maximum punishment allowed by law... moot point if the crime can carry a death sentence.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

It's not a states rights issue, this has already been pointed out to you. The 'who' is illegal immigrants.
Welcome.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Why don't we want immigrants again?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A wall is as archaic as coal. It's 2018 not 118.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yup, 21st Century.

Time to clean up the Democrat damage.

😎

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What type of immigrants? Legal or illegal?

What type of legal immigrants are we allowing into this country? Are there stats out there? Is there visible, clear data available on the requirements for those coming into this country? Are we allowing the brightest and most compatible into this country or are we encouraging those least likely to assimilate?

Why? Why aren't we allowing the best and brightest into our country? Why do we have open boarders?

There is an agenda here and it does not have our best interests at heart. You can think all of the good thoughts you want and speak only pleasant words but the people running this show follow reality. They are doing the things that weaken our country directly and for some reason, they have convinced a lot of our population that suicide is in their best interests.

Without boarders, can you have a sovereign nation?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

We do. We don't want illegal immigrants who have not been vetted and flood the system or wish to engage in illegal activity.

Why don't we want a secure border again?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Then remove your front and back doors of your home.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Throwing open the borders is a fool's errand. Are people blind to the number of homeless American citizens?

I'm in CO, the homeless problem is out of control. The number of homeless American children is at a record high but lets ignore that/compound the problem by allowing more homeless in.

Where I live there's a waiting list for public housing. Affordable motels are trying to take up the slack. They're full of long term residents, bed bugs, heroin junkies/OD victims.
Colorado depends on tourist dollars but sadly, these days, there's no room at the inn.

Even if we build more public housing, those with criminal records are prohibited and for good reason. Can't have drug addicted, criminals living among/feeding off the poor, elderly and disabled.

Opening the borders to all comers will cause a homeless invasion the likes of which hasn't been seen since the dust bowl. California's much preferred sidewalk tent cities aren't an acceptable alternative. There wouldn't be enough sidewalks in the state to contain them all.

People have a fit when old walmart stores are fashioned to temporarily house newcomers but WTH are we supposed to do with them all? When the bleeding hearts open the border they should be required to open their doors/house them.

I don't think people are realistically prepared for an invasion of homeless. We Coloradans have seen a huge influx of people because of legal MJ. Unfortunately any good that comes from legal MJ will soon be overshadowed by the wants/needs of homeless, criminal types.

They don't care one iota about building healthy, strong communities. They aren't begging for jobs/homes, they're begging for easy money to feed addictions and hobo lifestyles.

We live out in the boonies, beggars avoid our neck of the woods. Bleeding heart city types better be careful what they wish for. Homeless populations are exempt from housing rules that apply to the rest of us. Beggars want a cardboard box on main street where it's more profitable and the ACLU defends their right to do it. Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's not a states rights issue, this has already been pointed out to you. The 'who' is illegal immigrants.
Welcome.

It is totally a states rights issue.

You lack the imagination to see how things would work according to the foundation.

www.inverse.com...

Your next dose of federal overreach and in a few years if it passes you will argue that life without it would end.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Sorry, we are US citizens. Immigration is a Federal issue. This is not a debate, you are wrong.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

We do. We just want them to follow the law.

Quit trying to muddy the conversation, please.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The United States Constitution, Article 1, Section 8:

1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

2: To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

3: To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

4: To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

Immigration is purely a Federal issue.

TheRedneck

edit on 6/24/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The wall.

The wall is synonymous with a strong border security that would encompass everything.

The vast majority of illegals FLY in, though. Indians and Chinese. They come legally, then overstay their visas and disappear into the American sunset.

Can we actually tackle the real pink elephant and not the shiny Mexican dangling toy in front of us?

Please cite your source.

Looking at how many illegal immigrants are from what country....

Every other country is 6% or less.... Mexico? 59%.

SOURCE

You people are delusional.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Forget that. No MORE AMNESTY. Build a wall and deport everyone here illegally, no more anchor babies. No more anything. I'm tired of consolidating and running this country. No more.

Jaden
edit on 24-6-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The United States Constitution, Article 1, Section 8:

1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

2: To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

3: To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

4: To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

Immigration is purely a Federal issue.

TheRedneck

Just another globalist interpretation

Naturalization Naturalization is the legal act or process by which a non-citizen in a country may acquire citizenship or nationality of that country. Wikipedia

Immigration - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org... Immigration is the international movement of people into a destination country of which they are not natives or where they do not possess citizenship in order to settle or reside there, especially as permanent residents or naturalized citizens, or to take up employment as a migrant worker or temporarily as a foreign ...

you fail to see the conservative benefits of states rights

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Forget that. No MORE AMNESTY. Build a wall and deport everyone here illegally, no more anchor babies. No more anything. I'm tired of consolidating and running this country. No more.

Jaden

I think that there are good people who want to do good.

Did they break the law?

Yes.

But how long do we punish them? DACA kids need amnesty. DACA kids are Americans for the most part.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join