It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I'm going to cross the border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody
Backwards American here.

Still, I'm looking forward visiting our backwards

I'm sure you meant to say that you were going "to" visit backward Americans, right?
Love ya, man.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Federal legislation should ease such traffic jams at borders... of course lying is not ever a good decision at such a devilish crossroads.

Walking through the woods there is a change in terrain meaning watch your step; same as crossing any street large or small... a good staff of knowledge of some of those roads before hand and step allows for an easier crossing. Back in the "wild" days of footpath and wagon cart and boat? Who knew what state or country when going it alone? If someone hired or chartered yeah sure... otherwise; completely off the charts... even though there may have been one.

So knowing one is crossing a border especially with 400,000 a day means counters and stays also meaning how long are you planning to be our guest? Asking other such questions as that one... is also a psychological profile check in respecting laws and custom of the resident country or state one would be visiting in.

Since those laws are changing albeit too slow for some? Others still want to drag their feet in the market place of legislation in what's the score and when and how are we going to cash in on the market and what is the best legislation to do so? Meaning to the public? Not fair game... also meaning to those at the border... why won't you guys get your act together as an international voice?

Interstate commerce laws... badged vehicles are considered commercial vehicles. Meaning states place all travelers with badges or name brands under the statues and limitations of interstate commerce, instead of treating them as a passenger vehicle or cart so they placed the stubborn OX or bull market ahead of the free right to travel and be free from search and seizure of one's personal effects.

On US highways do to this personal travel is has also become custom to ask; do you have any cash on you... meaning policing the highways as excise taxes they consider it contraband and black market if it cannot be itemized and counted off of a card out of a bank. All currency five dollars and above is tracked; as the new standard of printing takes over the old standard due to forgeries and many having wads of forged money trying to cross international borders by air sea and land to use or dispose of it as it cannot be exchanged in the market for their own countries currency being that so much of it is counterfeit.

So the issue is much larger than you and your friends past or current use of Cannabis.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BEBOG

Federal legislation should ease such traffic jams at borders... of course lying is not ever a good decision at such a devilish crossroads.

I will lie big time when I get around to entering the US for a visit.
They can't check UK criminal records databases and I can't be arsed going to London for the interview in the embassy to get a 'naughty boy' visa. I'll just lie at the border and say I've never been convicted or cautioned for any crime, with a smile.
I'll piss laughing when I cross that border with my ESTA.

EDIT
My best mate went to Arizona, and border force asked him 'have you ever been involved in genocide?' like anyone is gonna answer yes to such a question lol
edit on 23-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If you want to take a trip with that kind of stuff? Stay on the couch.

If you want to see new places in travel? Fresh air as in sights for the eyes, smells for the nose, ears for local wildlife music and people and air on air on the skin and through the hair is all you really need...

Best to keep ones senses wide open and enjoy life when traveling than treating such a thing as a bar crawl through some downtown.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Pmfg, are Canadians incapable of lying with one single word?? Just say no.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wow, kind of a conundrum for a Canadian, huh? Dishonesty isn't exactly something you folks up there are known for, lol.

But yeah, nobody's business but your own, just tell them you haven't touched it. None of their business what you do in YOUR country, now is it? Yep, it's not. "No sir, never smoked it." Easy peasy.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: Lysergic

I was banned for life, because a friend mooned a cop in Seattle. They have no sense of humour.....

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

'have you ever been involved in genocide?'

Good lord- wtf are they teaching our border patrol people?!!
I for one would like to welcome you friends! Have fun

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Thanks for the common sense. I can never understand why they are so nice.

It sounds like he or she might clutch their pearls and say "why I never....!"

They must feel those big bad Americans are out to get them-or is that what their PM is now telling them!
edit on 24-6-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

The genocide question is a funny one isn't it.
The whole question thing is silly to be honest, just lie about anything which they might think bad lol, they have no way of checking it.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
We made it there and back with no problems at all, even found some "like minded" people at the show.

We were in a small town outside of Buffalo, the beer was good, the people were great, we could come back.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I don't know if it's just me, but I might as well be completely incapable of lying, it really sucks.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Bam!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: Nyiah

I don't know if it's just me, but I might as well be completely incapable of lying, it really sucks.

Honestly? (lol)
I'll be lying right through my teeth with a smile whenever I get around to visiting the US. They can't check a thing unless they contact UK authorities with some decent excuse for why they are asking. It wouldn't happen anyway, they'd just refuse entry.

But one day I will piss laughing when I cross that border at an airport with my ESTA and without having to do the 'naughty boy' interview for a visa at the embassy in London.

"No sir, I have never been convicted or cautioned for any crime in my life" PMSL!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join