It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Besides the excellent job that Trump is doing so far (don't worry haters I'm keeping an eye on him though, that's how I spotted Obama as a sham) THIS kind of hate is exactly one of the other reasons that his poll numbers continue to climb. The silent majority is paying attention and the undecided are making up their minds...no matter what some of y'all call them.

For all the good-hearted democrats that are getting slimed by this extremist, hypocritical, and rude behavior my heart truly & sincerely goes out to you. It's unfair that these haters are co-opting your party. I've noticed more of you are speaking out about it lately here and on social media and I give you much respect for that.

Having said that and as has been pointed out, it's the owners prerogative even if he is a jerk. I'm betting he lost more customers than he might gain and I bet some are democrat.

edit on 23-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
And im sure you condone this type of behavior?

I can't stand liberals like you, I still wouldn't spit in your food or refuse to serve you if it were my job.

This really shows how INTOLERANT you far left nuts are.

We've passed the point of civility in this country. If you check my post history, you'll see that I have a very, very low opinion of Trump. It has nothing to do with his political policies, but rather with who he is. I've met the man, I've seen what he's done with his life. At best he is of average ability, and he focuses on style over substance. The epitome of fake it until you make it, and I detest those types of people.

In his campaign my opinion dropped further as it became clear he had no idea about politics. This was actually a huge disappointment to me because I personally love the idea of seeing people from outside politics get into influential political offices. Offices should be made up of the people, and not just professional politicians so while I loved seeing him win on those grounds, his agenda was horrible.

Despite that, I sucked it up. I made a pledge here on this website, and I held to it elsewhere in my life too. I would not criticize Trump at all for his first 100 days. A new President should get a clean slate and be afforded the respect of the office to lead. Then I doubled that and extended it to 200 days.

Despite that, Trump has proven incapable. I would have been personally content to wait for Mueller and determine if he's a legitimate President. I'm through with waiting. Setting up concentration camps in the name of immigration policy was the last straw.

As of last week, I refuse to vote for any Republican that does not vocally oppose the President. And I say that as a registered Republican. NeverTrump is more important than ever.

He should be opposed through any methods necessary. Do not vote for him, do not support his faction of the party, do not be civil to his supporters on the street, do not serve his supporters in your business. To quote the President, "Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know."

In short, F Trump, F anyone who supports him, and I hope that Sarah Sanders alongside everyone else on the White House staff becomes persona non grata in DC, at home, and with their families.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
I wonder if any of you were as defensive over the baker who refused to bake the cake for a gay couple?

i understand the baker did not refuse to bake the cake.
he refused to decorate the cake in a theme that went against his religious belief.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I worked as a waitress for awhile. I wouldn't serve Sarah Sanders either. She should becareful of servers and chefs that would smile at her and then spit into her food, or worse. If I were her, I'd consider ordering out until she's out of the White House.

I would serve anyone--and politely--that was acting decent. Even a hater like you.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: BlueJacket

Can't she just go to another restaurant? Just like those of you who said that gays can just go to another bakery. What's the problem?

There is no problem. They are welcome to do it. Has anyone said they broke the law in doing this?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Actually if it a public establishment and she wasn't causing a scene then they had no real reason to kick her out they just being petty.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I hope that Sarah Sanders alongside everyone else on the White House staff becomes persona non grata in DC, at home, and with their families.

Really this says more about you than it does them.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

And im sure you condone this type of behavior?

I can't stand liberals like you, I still wouldn't spit in your food or refuse to serve you if it were my job.

This really shows how INTOLERANT you far left nuts are.

We've passed the point of civility in this country. If you check my post history, you'll see that I have a very, very low opinion of Trump. It has nothing to do with his political policies, but rather with who he is. I've met the man, I've seen what he's done with his life. At best he is of average ability, and he focuses on style over substance. The epitome of fake it until you make it, and I detest those types of people.

In his campaign my opinion dropped further as it became clear he had no idea about politics. This was actually a huge disappointment to me because I personally love the idea of seeing people from outside politics get into influential political offices. Offices should be made up of the people, and not just professional politicians so while I loved seeing him win on those grounds, his agenda was horrible.

Despite that, I sucked it up. I made a pledge here on this website, and I held to it elsewhere in my life too. I would not criticize Trump at all for his first 100 days. A new President should get a clean slate and be afforded the respect of the office to lead. Then I doubled that and extended it to 200 days.

Despite that, Trump has proven incapable. I would have been personally content to wait for Mueller and determine if he's a legitimate President. I'm through with waiting. Setting up concentration camps in the name of immigration policy was the last straw.

As of last week, I refuse to vote for any Republican that does not vocally oppose the President. And I say that as a registered Republican. NeverTrump is more important than ever.

He should be opposed through any methods necessary. Do not vote for him, do not support his faction of the party, do not be civil to his supporters on the street, do not serve his supporters in your business. To quote the President, "Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know."

In short, F Trump, F anyone who supports him, and I hope that Sarah Sanders alongside everyone else on the White House staff becomes persona non grata in DC, at home, and with their families.

We are basically seeing the effects when the MSM and others constantly label people as racist, Nazis, Hitlers just because they have a different viewpoint. Just because they don't advocate open borders.

I agree with what Rush L. said a few days ago someone is gonna get hurt or killed from one side. You can not constantly push the narrative of people into believing the opposite side is full of hate without a far left/right mental nutcase eventually hurting someone.

This already happened with the baseball field shooting of Republicans.

Especially DELUSIONAL people like you who can look at a video on youtube and call a place with clean beds, fresh food, tvs, video games, a goddamn concentration camp!!

How can you deal with people this far removed from reality?

A lot of hate and violence stemming from your post.

I pray you don't get violent toward the wrong conservative, please have a life insurance policy for your family.

Just words of advice.

edit on 23-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Yes, they were, and they have the right to be petty. Whether it is a good business decision we will see.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: BlueJacket

Can't she just go to another restaurant? Just like those of you who said that gays can just go to another bakery. What's the problem?

This should automatically be a response to any post in this thread.
Once you let a genie out of the bottle "for your side" and the high fives go around only to find out that you can't put the genie back in and it applies for everyone.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ah yes, another example of the tolerant left who claim they're so morally superior to those on the right.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This really makes me want to put on my MAGA hat and start to eat out every night.
This is a good way to expose the hate.

lol... My dad just recently got abused by some bloke, for wearing a MAGA t-shirt he brought as a souvenir, well on holiday in Hawaii.

Which, btw, brings up an important point... Americans take their politics way to seriously.

Then keeping that in mind, you can kind of understand why a restaurant owner might not want such a high ranking right-wing political figure in his establishment... Seeing as the restaurant seems to be catering more to the yuppie environmentally conscience types... Sanders presence was probably just bad for business.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Of all the people to get on the bad side of. What were they thinking????

Much humor to follow in the future.

link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

This is a social pushback against those who help Trump. People who work in the WH can no longer get dates in the DC area, they are being kicked out of businesses, and most of them are having to leave their WH experience off of their resume when job searching, because including it is making them unhireable.

And that's a good thing. It means some people in America still see what's going on and refuse to help those who promote fascism, concentration camps, and corruption.

link   
a reply to: the owlbear

If im not mistaken the cake wasn't refused it was theme on the cake that was the issue.

Did Sarah go into the restaurant and ask them to cook a omlete in the shape of MAGA?
edit on 23-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

If im not mistaken the cake wasn't refused it was theme on the cake that was the issue.

Did Sarah go into the restaurant and ask them to cook a omlete in the shape of MAGA?

The cake isn't really relevant because sexuality is a protected class while political alignment is not.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This really makes me want to put on my MAGA hat and start to eat out every night.
This is a good way to expose the hate.

lol... My dad just recently got abused by some bloke, for wearing a MAGA t-shirt he brought as a souvenir, well on holiday in Hawaii.

Which, btw, brings up an important point... Americans take their politics way to seriously.

Then keeping that in mind, you can kind of understand why a restaurant owner might not want such a high ranking right-wing political figure in his establishment... Seeing as the restaurant seems to be catering more to the yuppie environmentally conscience types... Sanders presence was probably just bad for business.

Love how you started you post with "LOL" before bringing up your father. How would you feel if your father was murdered for wearing his MAGA T shirt???? Bet you politically biased response wouldn't be so flippant?

edit on 23-6-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It's not your fault you are a casualty of the MSM.

It happens.

Melania says Hi btw

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The cake isn't really relevant because sexuality is a protected class while political alignment is not.

Except the bakery won the lawsuit in the end. No one was kicked out or refused service for being a lesbian. They were perfectly able to buy baked goods from the store, they just could not force the bakery owner to forsake their religious views.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The Colorado baker serves all customers, but he declines to express messages or celebrate events that violate his deeply held beliefs.

There's no actual controversy about "expressing messages" on the cakes or refusing any requested design elements that I'm aware of. The baker wasn't asked to bake or decorate a cake that is inherently different from those he would sell to anyone else.

If baking a cake that will then be consumed at another location can be construed as participation in the celebration of an event, then what is making, serving and having a meal consumed on premises?

It looks like you're trying to have your cake and eat it to. In your first post, you said:

And she took her business elsewhere. See? This is how it's done.

Which, despite its shortcomings as a defense of the baker or restaurateur, is at least a consistent freedom of association argument. Now you appear to be making a religious freedoms argument in favor of the baker.

Of course, the restaurant owner could claim religious beliefs as well, e.g. "My deeply held beliefs prevent me from participating in an event for a representative of the possible antichrist."

But do religious beliefs confer special rights to religious people? In other words, if a Christian baker can refuse service to a gay person, an atheist should be able to do so too if they have similarly deeply held beliefs if that's the standard. In fact, racist ideologies are often very deeply held sets of beliefs.

I'm going the other direction here. I think that both the baker and the restaurant owner violated what amounts to a fundamental civil liberty to participate in commerce that supersedes either the religious freedoms or freedom of association considerations.

SHS should sue the restaurant owner for refusing her service.
edit on 2018-6-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join