It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kohll

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
But it is the right of the restaurant to do this, as they were not discriminating against a protected class.

I see no reason to point this out to begin with. A pregnant woman's best friend also has the right to seduce her fiance and ruin their relationship, and then talk the father into having no relationship with the baby, etc. Just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean it's ok.

If you see no reason then you havent paid attention to what the accusations are.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wrong but not illegal..

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Sheye

It tickles me to death because it tells me the "resistance" is galvanizing.

Doesn't tickle me nor should it tickle you. You obviously don't understand what can and might transpire from this wag the dog hatred being shown by the Progressive left?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

they refuse to have their product used in an event that goes against their conscience and religious beliefs.

That wasn't the baker's claim. His claim was that his work is "art" from the heart, made individually and personally. He didn't want to be forced to pour his artistic talent and passion into something he doesn't agree with. Shouldn't the restaurant owner be afforded the same, believing his establishment and its service is also "art" from the heart, individually and personally prepared for each religiously or politically correct customer?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
"right to refuse service" is just that for a private establishment. She left. I hope she doesn't sue. No different than "bake that cake" in my book. Why would you want to force something you actually consume to be made by or served by someone that hates you? Just move on and take your business elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not sure the restaurant did have the right to deny service at least under their stated terms:

Here is a note from a typical public notice on public accomodations:

Mrs. Sanders would have a pretty strong case, I believe, that she was discriminated against at the very least on the basis of "Political Affiliation" and "Source of Income."

It's wrong whatever the justifying reason is.

This is a DC law; headline said restaurant is in VA.

You are absolutely correct. I could have sworn the address was in DC proper. Way to knock down a false argument!

Under the Virginia Human Rights act, it I believe it would be illegal to discriminate against Mrs. Sanders' family based on familial status.

In either case, even if she is not protected under the public accomodaton laws, it is wrong to deny service, IMO.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Generally speaking, being a bigot is not against the law.

True. But, bigotry is also NOT a protected class.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That wasn't the baker's claim. His claim was that his work is "art" from the heart, made individually and personally. He didn't want to be forced to pour his artistic talent and passion into something he doesn't agree with. Shouldn't the restaurant owner be afforded the same, believing his establishment and its service is also "art" from the heart, individually and personally prepared for each religiously or politically correct customer?

He doesn't agree with feeding people dinner? Again, if Sanders asked them to cater a Trump rally, then yes, he should be afforded the same. In this case, what he did was unjust, mean-spirited, and bigoted.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Wrong but not illegal..

Debatable.

We cannot defeat injustice by becomming unjust.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

We cannot defeat injustice by becomming unjust.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Generally speaking, being a bigot is not against the law.

True. But, bigotry is also NOT a protected class.

That would depend on what you define bigotry to be and what area you are in. I bet you I could make an argument that it was. LOL.

However, I gave you my answer based on my personal opinions in this case that you are responding to.

It's wrong to discriminate against people in a public accomodaton unless they are disrupting your business or endangering the public health.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

He doesn't agree with feeding people dinner?

(The baker doesn't agree with feeding people cake?)

That's what he does, feed people dinner, but he seems to draw the line in serving bigoted liars, who are complicit in unspeakable atrocities that offend his personally held beliefs.

Again, if Sanders asked them to cater a Trump rally, then yes, he should be afforded the same. In this case, what he did was unjust, mean-spirited, and bigoted.

Those are your standards, not his. To him, serving Sarah was as bad as catering a KKK rally.

edit on 23-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not sure the restaurant did have the right to deny service at least under their stated terms:

Here is a note from a typical public notice on public accomodations:

Mrs. Sanders would have a pretty strong case, I believe, that she was discriminated against at the very least on the basis of "Political Affiliation" and "Source of Income."

It's wrong whatever the justifying reason is.

This is a DC law; headline said restaurant is in VA.

You are absolutely correct. I could have sworn the address was in DC proper. Way to knock down a false argument!

Under the Virginia Human Rights act, it I believe it would be illegal to discriminate against Mrs. Sanders' family based on familial status.

In either case, even if she is not protected under the public accomodaton laws, it is wrong to deny service, IMO.

well obviously she is not a whiny little bitch

only an idiot would eat somewhere they are not welcome and an even bigger idiot would waste 5 yrs trying to destroy the country over a plate of food

i think you should go join lil kim in nk

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Those are your standards, not his. To him, serving Sarah was as bad as catering a KKK rally.

So by your standards, any business can discriminate and kick people out because to the business owner, it's not what actually is, but what it seems like.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's what he does, feed people dinner, but he seems to draw the line in serving bigoted liars, who are complicit in unspeakable atrocities that offend his personally held beliefs.

Well, he's wrong about that, for one. Two, I'm not sure you know what an "atrocity" is. Three, it's unjust.

His standards are politically-motivated intolerance and hateful bigotry. That's why I am saying it is unjust.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I guess the customer isn't always right eh?

I turned down a lot of work in my years as a Residential builder, people who tried to tell me how to do a job usually I did not work for. Most times they wanted me to cut corners and use inferior materials that were not appropriate for what they were being applied for. I would not do that. I was very fussy.

I turned down working for people who thought they knew what they were doing, who were jerks and wanted me to use material and methods I knew were bad, I discriminated against peope who were bossy and jerks and who wanted to cut corners. I guess I am guilty of denying service because of my beliefs. But I turned down more work than I did every year, so I took the customers I liked, my prices were very reasonable compared to other builders. I never turned down anyone for being a different color or because of their sex preference though.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So by your standards, any business can discriminate and kick people out because to the business owner, it's not what actually is, but what it seems like.

It is not rocket science

If there are other places to eat within reach then it is just fine.

If it is the only plate of food left in the county then it is a problem.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

That would depend on what you define bigotry to be and what area you are in

Exactly, ergo Ted Nugent being refused service at a vegan restaurant.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

*shrugs*

Apparently there are members here that are okay with discrimination.

In my opinion, that is wrong and deeply troubling.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

there's North by for her to use them for.

i Agree !!
🤷

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join