It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

Keep it up leftist douche bags!

Only a matter of time before a lot of folks going to restaurants start wondering if the chef spit in their food because of their political beliefs.

Do you regularly go into restaurant's announcing your political view publicly?

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

And it was the same with this one no? will serve anyone... just not someone who "violates his deeply held beliefs"

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I live in SW Texas; there's already restaurants along the border that won't serve Anglos. I'm an Anglo, I don't care. That's their business

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Another all you can eat Chinese buffet.
edit on 6232018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Why?

Surely a buisness should not be forced to serve anyone right?

If a baker should not be forced to bake cakes for gays a resterount should not be forced to cook for a politician?

What's God for the goose is God for the gander.

That's right. A business should not be forced to serve anyone. That is morally wrong. It is also morally wrong to ask someone to leave based on who they are employed by, what they believe, their immutable characteristics, etc. and for the exact same reasons. None of those reasons are valid grounds for refusal of service.

A baker doesn't refuse to serve gays; they refuse to have their product used in an event that goes against their conscience and religious beliefs. It's not like Sanders was using their food for an event the owner wanted no part of. They simply refused service for reasons of bigotry.

link   
a reply to: Sheye

It tickles me to death because it tells me the "resistance" is galvanizing.

link   

Ted Nugent? Why are they denying service? if it's just because of who he is

No. Because of what he loudly espouses bigotry, using his rock star fame as a catalyst.

Even though the restaurant owner said this was about his "personal beliefs", I think any public accommodation of this type could assume that famous, especially controversially famous, people's presence could cause a disruption of business as usual.

edit on 23-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Send me the address we can start the invasion there wearing redcoats.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Even tree huggers put the trash out.
Separated into recyclable and not of course.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Then apparently the Restaurant is operating on the basis of "Nullification"; that's how the rule of law breaks down.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

And it was the same with this one no? will serve anyone... just not someone who "violates his deeply held beliefs"

It's not the same. If sanders was taking the food and taking it to a clan rally or something, then sure, it would be the same.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

Keep it up leftist douche bags!

Only a matter of time before a lot of folks going to restaurants start wondering if the chef spit in their food because of their political beliefs.

Do you regularly go into restaurant's announcing your political view publicly?

What if you are wearing a MAGA hat and just forgot of the implications of wearing it? See? That question right there shows how freakin far gone this country is.

How about someone just wearing a T shirt with the Stars and Stripes? Hell yea, look at this Nazi, let's spit in his food!

Those of you who think this is a game will be the first shedding tears if martial law is declared to clean up this mess. I hope to God it doesn't happen, but if it does? So be it.

link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Then apparently the Restaurant is operating on the basis of "Nullification"; that's how the rule of law breaks down.

The restaurant is operating on the basis that being discriminatory for any reason is okay.

That is not okay.

link   
a reply to: TonyS

Bet you felt the same way before the results on election night.

Now might be a good time to stock up on a new round of tissues boxes.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not sure the restaurant did have the right to deny service at least under their stated terms:

Here is a note from a typical public notice on public accomodations:

Mrs. Sanders would have a pretty strong case, I believe, that she was discriminated against at the very least on the basis of "Political Affiliation" and "Source of Income."

It's wrong whatever the justifying reason is.

This is a DC law; headline said restaurant is in VA.

link   
a reply to: Plotus

I just watched a commercial for the midterms. It is the answering machine voicing threat after threat to republicans lives. One guy says.....and I will be the one to do it or something like that. Keep giving the Republicans ammo. Not too bright if you ask me. And I asked me.

link   

Wow, body-shaming. Did your parents teach you that? Bet they’re so proud!

Trump does it so it must be ok right?

link   
a reply to: Kohll

Good catch; if its VA, it doesn't apply.

And frankly, I'm not sure the DC law is Constitutional.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Ted Nugent? Why are they denying service? if it's just because of who he is

No. Because of what he loudly espouses bigotry, using his rock star fame as a catalyst.

Even though the restaurant owner said this was about his "personal beliefs", I think any public accommodation of this type could assume that famous, especially controversially famous, people's presence could cause a disruption of business as usual.

Generally speaking, being a bigot is not against the law. Unless he was disrupting their business or causing a public health danger, in my opinion, it would be wrong to deny service.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

For what? Not wanting to serve her? Good luck. They didn't throw her out physically. They told her to leave. She did. there's North by for her to use them for.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join