It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: carewemust

Not if he’s doing it because they are gay.

That particular baker knows how to refuse legally now and claim it is a custom order which he declines

OK. Thanks. That's all I'll say on that subject inside this particular thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: carewemust

Not if he’s doing it because they are gay.

That particular baker knows how to refuse legally now and claim it is a custom order which he declines because of his freedom of expression.

However if he doesn’t serve them as any other customers ... it’s just as wrong as what was done to Mrs. Sanders AND family.

Your confused on the supreme court ruling arent you? First the supreme court never said they could refuse to sell a cake. This was a very limited ruling based off the rights of an artist. What they said is the baker doesn't have to do anything special order if it doesn't agree with their beliefs and morals.

Simply put they say the government has to take into account a right of a persons religous beliefs. And cant force them to create anything that may violate that belief. For example lets say this baker was asked to make a cake with satan throw on some triple 6s etc. The baker could refuse to allow his work to be used in such a manor.

This is nothing like what happened to Sarah she was not asking for special treatment ,however if she did they would have every right to decline.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm not the one that's confused about the SCOTUS ruling.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

so the gay couple wanted a cake with triple sixes and satan? just what did the couple ask for? All I could find was that they asked for a rainbow cake with some really weird icing combination..

which to me looks like a really neat birthday care for a kid's birthday party.
would the baker have made the same care for a birthday party?
did the couple ask for two little bridegrooms to sit on top of the cake?
i have no idea really but if the cake was as it's described and nothing more, then it's most likely that the baker would have baked it (unless he's like me and would have shied away because of the number of layers.) for any other event.

but back to poor sarah and her restaurant misadventure...

seems to me, the manager and maybe some of her staff had a moral issue with some of trump's policies and wanted to make a statement and found a way to do it when sarah came into their restaurant..
they were probably much more effective than the tow truck driver who opted to leave the disable lady on the side of the road because of who she supported politically wouldn't you say? I mean at least Sarah actually had a part in carrying out those policies...
and then there's the fact that gee, the action didn't leave Sarah stranded two hours longer on the side of the road in a broken down car and Sarah isn't disabled either!!
when it came to the tow truck driver the best the conservatives could come was well he was a jerk, but he should be able to choose his customers any way he wishes...
well the same goes for the restaurant manager! the fact that she works for the president shouldn't give her higher status and more protection from the jerks in the world. and quite frankly strongly held beliefs can be a legal basis for a pharmacist to refuse to fill a prescription and yous are all okay with that one, then you should be okay with the manager acting on her strongly held beliefs also!

www.wyff4.com...

if the gov't is going to protect a person's right to act on those strongly held beliefs--religious beliefs---
then they can't pick and choose which beliefs that they are choosing to protect. nor can they decide that one person's strongly held beliefs aren't valid because they aren't under any particular denomination/accepted religion's umbrella. you cannot accept one's hospitals strongly held belief that abortion is wrong in all cases and protect it unless you are willing to also protect the doctors who work in that hospital's strongly held belief that it is wrong to allow a women to suffer and get sicker by denying her the abortion when she miscarries or has an ectopic pregnancy. if you do, and they are, then the government is dictating what the beliefs of the people should be and trying to enforce that on the people.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The problem was not the reasons (just or unjust) for discrimination, but the discrimination itself.

The owner of the Red Hen could just as easily have claimed a religious issue; if they had, would that have made this right?

No.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

my answer is the same as what was given by conservatives regarding the tow truck driving....
the manager was a jerk, but what she did seems to have been perfectly legal...
with the added....
at least the manager didn't put sander's life at risk, did she

lol... that manager could have decided to play the audio of the crying kids the whole time she was there also...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

my answer is the same as what was given by conservatives regarding the tow truck driving....
the manager was a jerk, but what she did seems to have been perfectly legal...
with the added....
at least the manager didn't put sander's life at risk, did she

lol... that manager could have decided to play the audio of the crying kids the whole time she was there also...

To me, what happened to Mrs. Sanders was just as wrong as what happened to the gay guys trying to buy a cake, or what happened to millions of people under Jim Crow for a century, etc.

Why its done is less important than that it IS done. Wrong is wrong.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Gotta love this on the front window of the restaurant in question:

Progressives - if it wasn't for double standards, they'd have no standards.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Tough love. It's biblical! ...Says Jeff Sessions and Sarah Sanders.

edit on 25-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Since that’s a reference to the “Soup Nazi” episode, I’m glad to see you identify the Red Hen restaurant manager as having Nazi like behavior.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
So the party that thinks you have to put your moral and religious beliefs in the back seat and do whatever the customer demands, no matter the circumstance, can't even be bothered to server a customer from a different political party.

You just can't make this stuff up.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So, you agree. Parents fleeing from violence and persecution, seeking asylum in USA, are fundamentally bad parents, and deserve to have their children taken from them.

Likewise, if you're Sarah Sanders, or Stephen Miller or Kristjen Nielson, eating out in public, with your hungry children in tow, could expose them to loud and outspoken political backlash. What kind of parent throws their children into the fray of political spectacle? THINK OF THE CHILDREN SARAH!

edit on 25-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Tough love, baby! LOL

Why nobody file one complaint about "Soup Nazi" always discriminate?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I LOVED the Soup Nazi episode.

Is that wrong?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: BlueJacket

Can't she just go to another restaurant? Just like those of you who said that gays can just go to another bakery. What's the problem?

She can and she did. We're just pointing out the putrid hatred on the left that is more vile and disgusting than what is happening on the right. Extreme leftists are Demoncrats!

Just to support my point, there's this:

Maxine Waters calls on supporters to confront Trump officials in public spaces
edit on 25-6-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Nope. It's the only episode I liked. Generally, not a fan of the show.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Dude. When you're right, you're right.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Not that your wrong, but be sure that when extremists from the other side of the spectrum Political, your just as willing to call 'em out.

All too many aren't.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

We're just pointing out the putrid hatred on the left that is more vile and disgusting than what is happening on the right.

really, you sure about that??? Mean it which do you think is worse..
a manager talking privately to sanders and asking her to leave or a tow truck driver traveling to another state, spending time partially preparing a disabled women's car to be told only to come and tell her that god told him he wouldn't be happy if he provided the service for her because he saw a few pro sanders things in her car and on her bumper? to me, if one is to determine which is worse than the other, one should really consider the possible consequences of the actions, and sorry but sanders didn't risk starvation by being denied service, she didn't risk any negative effects to her health...
leaving a disabled women on the side of the road did increase risk!!

and well, as far as what waters says.. my first response would be who cares what the crazy lady says...
but well, is her suggesting that people confront those in the trump administration in public spaces really more hateful, vile, or disgusting than what trump said during his campaign???

us-east-1.tchyn.io...

in case you need your memory refreshed.

edit on 25-6-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

As long as anyone is willing to quantify hate ... our problems continue.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join