It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Gryphon66

Just a note: That law is about the "District of Columbia", a governmental body and how it doesn't discriminate. It has no application to a private business which can deny service for any reason, stated or not stated. If I were a Democrat business owner, I wouldn't serve any members of this administration! There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion!

First of all make sure you know what I'm arguing.

Second, no, private businesses do not have the right to deny service for any reason in Washingon DC.

Third, District of Columbia is a municipality.

edit on 23-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Note4d

link   
a reply to: loam

They are getting destroyed on Yelp.

Most of those reviews are obviously fake and won't stay up. If the Sanders family wanted to eat there, I would guess that their flatware isn't not "sticky and covered in rust" or that their restroom aren't "urine soaked" I would also guess that their past reviews show that they had a pretty good reputation, before that awful night when the Devil showed up at their door, and they said "Get thee behind me!"

link   

originally posted by: riiver
Now where are all the people who, in the past, were so very adamant that anyone running a business must be willing to serve EVERYONE, no exceptions?

Here.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This really makes me want to put on my MAGA hat and start to eat out every night.
This is a good way to expose the hate.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Interesting case. Was she in the restaurant in her professional/government capacity? Or as a private citizen, with her family, trying to have dinner.

Does Robert De Nero have the right to ban Donald Trump from his restaurant? Does Ted Nugent have the right to demand service at a vegan restaurant, for example?

link   
Looks like the Left is really cheering on Red Hen's actions...body shaming and screams of Sanders being a "Nazi" abound!

#RED HEN on TWITTER:
twitter.com...

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This really makes me want to put on my MAGA hat and start to eat out every night.
This is a good way to expose the hate.

Just DO NOT eat your food! Trust me. If you want to do it to just get kicked out, go for it but I sure as hell wouldn't eat the food unless of course I knew the owners and their political leanings.

Hell, I ask any new doctors I might have to see what their political beliefs are anymore. If it's okay for them to ask me questions that have nothing to do with my health, then by God I can ask them about their political beliefs. If they are Progressive? I'm OUT!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Interesting case. Was she in the restaurant in her professional/government capacity? Or as a private citizen, with her family, trying to have dinner.

Does Robert De Nero have the right to ban Donald Trump from his restaurant? Does Ted Nugent have the right to demand service at a vegan restaurant, for example? Does Tom Ford have the right to refuse to dress Melania Trump?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That isn't covered by a person's right to not serve someone who is gay because of religious beliefs. Even with the determination of the supreme court, the gay person still has the right to buy things in any store, but special services do not require the owner of a place to comply with denying someone based on making something special.

That restaurant broke the law, I hope they fine the restaurant and another Trump person goes in and they deny them service, multiple infractions can make it so the government shuts it down and never lets it reopen again.

I learned retail laws when I was going to open a store years ago, You can not charge someone else a different price in retail either, any offer to the public needs to be available to all who ask about the price, if you sell someone a product for two bucks that is usually ten bucks to give them a deal because you feel sorry for him and he sends his friends, you have to sell it to them for the same price. A big chain multimillion dollar company decided it was going to beat me to the opening, when I found out they were going to do that, I stopped my order for inventory. One week before I was going to order all the lights I found out they were opening a light store too, fueled by my intent to put one in. They also were going to undercut the prices I would have given to the air base here, I was way below what they were going to charge the government, but they basically wanted to bankrupt me. I am glad I knew a couple of people working at that place, I had an account there and they told us what was coming down, the store mananger did not want to expand, the heads of the store from somewhere else were the ones who wanted me crushed, that store actually was one of my four suppliers, I had made a deal with them to supply some stuff I could not buy from my three main sources, like electric boxes and covers and electrical stuff. One of the people who told me was in the management of the store there.

I am just glad I did not get all the inventory ordered, I had all of the boxes in for display lights already.

If she wasn't wearing shoes or a shirt, the restaurant does not have to serve a person. A restaurant where every guy needs to wear a tie or suit is legal, cause everyone is required to wear one.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Sookiechacha

But what about her family members?

You can't assume all of them are conservatives.

Look I'm no fan of Trump, but isn't it excessive to punish someone just because he or she is related to someone you disagree with?

Sanders should have known better than to take her children out dining in a public place, especially after the Mexican restaurant scene! Maybe Sanders is a bad mother for putting her kids in a situation where they might experience public backlash.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That restaurant broke the law

Wait! I thought Trump signed an EO giving business owners the right to turn away business based on their "deeply held personal beliefs".

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Does Robert De Nero have the right to ban Donald Trump from his restaurant? Does Ted Nugent have the right to demand service at a vegan restaurant, for example?

In my personal opinion, no, purveyors of public accomodation do not have the right to deny service to anyone arbitrarily that isn't disrupting their business or endangering public health.

Of note, DeNiro's PR guy says that Mr. Trump isn't banned.

Ted Nugent? Why are they denying service? if it's just because of who he is, then no, they don't have a right to deny service morally, although, they may have a right legally. (What state are they in, for example?)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Looks like the Left is really cheering on Red Hen's actions...body shaming and screams of Sanders being a "Nazi" abound!

#RED HEN on TWITTER:
twitter.com...

Wow. The hatred is real, and we can sit here and watch as it spills into real life.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Just a note: That law is about the "District of Columbia", a governmental body and how it doesn't discriminate. It has no application to a private business which can deny service for any reason, stated or not stated. If I were a Democrat business owner, I wouldn't serve any members of this administration! There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion!

No, it's a DC specific law that prohibits discrimination based on a number of additional classes not currently recognized as constutionally protected by courts. And a restaurant would be a place of public accommodation. But the headline said VA, not DC.
edit on 23-6-2018 by Kohll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

SCOTUS didn't support the idea that businesses have the right to deny service based on religious belief, merely that the State of Colorado acted unconstitutionally in the decision of the Civil Rights Commission which was not neutral in applying the public accomodaton laws.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

That restaurant broke the law

Wait! I thought Trump signed an EO giving business owners the right to turn away business based on their "deeply held personal beliefs".

No
I suppose some will try to blame this on Trump though

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
I was going to say I don't see a problem with it because it wasn't done under religious, sexual preference or racist reasonings but if the person didn't do anything wrong in the restaurant and they're getting kicked out for personal reasons (religious, sexual preference, racism being a personal reason) I don't know how to feel about this, it's kind of a grey area.

It is morally wrong to refuse service to someone because of who she works for or what her politics are.

Why?

Surely a buisness should not be forced to serve anyone right?

If a baker should not be forced to bake cakes for gays a resterount should not be forced to cook for a politician?

What's God for the goose is God for the gander.
edit on 23-6-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sanders handled herself with grace. The owner handled herself with bigotry.

"Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for @POTUS and I politely left. Her actions say far more about her than about me. I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so"

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Nopr. Just ask the gay wedding cake couple.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Kicked out cause the emperor has no clothes.

I love me some capitalism.

I bet she does not sped the next 5 yrs cryin like a little bitch and tryin to destroy the country cause she could not have roast beef.
edit on 23-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join