It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm going to ask you a question.

Now no one (to this point) has had the courage to actually answer it.

Maybe this time will be different and you will.

From what I understand, the law that places people in detention has been in place for quite some time. Since 1997, if I am correct.

Why allow a law to be on the books, if enforcing it is so untenable? Since 1997 we've had republican and democrat presidents, republican and democrat senates and congress.

Why have a law on the books if enforcing it is so horrible?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'll take it, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't remind you it's against T&C to do that, LOL.

Yes. That is the tip of the iceburg in what is probably the Mother of all Conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Neither extreme wants it to change.

Both extremes need these hot-button issues.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

To take the main point of that video. If most people are incapable of coming here, and the numbers don't change. Then there's clearly no harm in letting them come here. It may not help most of the world, but it does help a few, and requires no extra effort on our part.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So are both extremes victims or instigators of "the conspiracy"?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: JDmOKI

I'm dont want to live in a country where owners are kicking people out of party affiliation.

I'm certain they would have asked Sanders to leave if she was a Democrat, a Libertarian, A tea Partier, or with the Girl Scouts of America. She wasn't asked to leave for her political affiliation. She was asked to leave because her actions were too morally reprehensible for this business owner and her employees to welcome her and her family in.

Liars, bigots and hypocrites aren't protected classes. A business has the right to refuse serves for any or no reason, as long as that reason doesn't violate the rights of a protected class.

You know she was kicked out because she was part of the Trump administration, don't deflect and say this is universal. If you want to live in an us against them type of world keep defending this crap.

I can still respect people who i don't agree with on just about anything and I can allow them and their family to eat.-

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We shouldn't. We have a lot of laws like that, our legal system is a mess. The law should be repealed but removing laws is about 10,000 times harder than adding them. The (somewhat tyrannical) check on this is that the executive branch can choose to not enforce the law when enforcing that law is harmful or unjust, and that's what we've seen done with this and other laws in the past. But as we see right now, that is only a temporary solution because eventually someone will come along and create chaos either out of incompetence or malevolence.

This is actually one of several things that I believe the Constitution got wrong. The Executive branch should not be able to pick and choose what laws it will enforce. They should enforce everything, but at the same time the courts should be able to strike down a law as unjust, harmful, or simply bad for the nation much easier than they can now.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

We should never have any law that cannot be enforced 100%, 100% of the time.

Agreed?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm going to ask you a question.

Now no one (to this point) has had the courage to actually answer it.

Maybe this time will be different and you will.

From what I understand, the law that places people in detention has been in place for quite some time. Since 1997, if I am correct.

Why allow a law to be on the books, if enforcing it is so untenable? Since 1997 we've had republican and democrat presidents, republican and democrat senates and congress.

Because when the law was made the Democrats were for enforcing the border laws until just recently. The progressives(who i don't really consider democrats anymore) have changed to open borders and outrage politics. Or should i call it hypocrite politics.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

My whole basis is that the left nor the right actually give a damn about illegals or the laws.

They are just using this issue (both R & D) to stay and obtain power.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: F4guy

And that is why my partners and I have decided that our medevac helicopter company will not transport Trump supporters. Our sincere religious belief is that Trump supporters are unChristian bigots whose lifestyle, which includes voting for racist pigs, is offensive.

Triggering right wing nutjobs is like a bad train wreck. You just can't not look.

Baking a cake for a gay couple and saving lives are two entirely different services to humanity. Your post shows me who has the callous bigotted heart. You really need to consider another line of work.

I don't fly the damn things. I only own a piece of the company. Helicopters are an accumulation of spare parts, all built by the lowest bidder, trying to fly in a loose formation. I fly 747s internationally.There is only 1 stick
(actually yoke) to worry about, and taking your hands off the controls doesn't mean nearly instant death, as it does on many helicopters. Our Bells and Sikorskys actually have autopilots, but definitely no autoland or coupled approach capabilities. As far as finding another line of work, on nights like this where I'm flightplanning a 15 hour flight to Mogadishu, then a quick turn and another 6 hours to Lagos, I might agree with you. But then again, after that trip I have 8 days off to play.And to think of ways to trigger the Trumpeteers.

So you admit to being a troll. Awesome. Now we know never to take you for your word.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It seemz that forcing an answer is a goal of trump...on purpose or not.

A different topic...same thing....why was the embassy in israel never moved?

Pot will likely get similar treatment.

Either change the laws or quit grandstanding

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You know nothing will happen and no laws will be changed from Democrats or Republicans because they wanna constantly talk about it come midterms.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The terms Democrat and Republican are no longer definitive of government in this country.
They are only rough points of demarcation.
Left and Right are even more ambiguous definitions.

MOST of the country exists within the cloudy spectrum in between.

I voted for politicians in the past (of both parties), I would never vote for today.
So have THEY changed?...or have I?

Perhaps ...everything is in a constant state of change...which means there may be no social/political absolutes beyond common, human decency.

Someone, earlier here, brought up'The Golden Rule'..."Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you".

Religious differences, aside...and moving forward in this and other matters ATS...

Can I get an "AMEN"?

Amen!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

So are both extremes victims or instigators of "the conspiracy"?

Geez I have two little epiphanies and suddenly I'm a sooth-sayer? LOL.

I'm not sure "the extremes" are really real ... god, that's a terrible sentence, let me swing again.

People who actually hold those extremist views and are willing to act on them are tiny, tiny minorities and may be mostly crisis actors.

They're trotted out for the cameras and they do and say stupid crap ... that produce soundbytes to irritate all of us.

Notice, when something works both ways ... ANTIFA irritates some because they're violent, some because they allegedly stand up against Nazis, etc.

Not unlike the Klan. There are VERY FEW people who are actual Klansmen taken as a part of the whole US.

Westboro Baptist Church.

These are very aptly called splinter groups ... because the effect on the body-politic is like having a splinter under your fingernail.

It's not going to kill you, but it will dang sure irritate you.

WE the People are kept in 24/7/365 crisis mode. I'm starting to notice a trend ... about every three days now, something extreme happens that's going to IRRITATE one side or both ... and then it's pumped non-stop on Internet, TV, etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

And yes, the no shirt/no shoes restrictions are hold-overs from the 1960s ... public health issues due to hygiene, disease etc.

The leading theory is that the signs rose to prominence in direct opposition to the counterculture movement of the 1960s. The Society for Barefoot Living blog posited that the signs didn't even exist until 1970, but "spread like wild-fire" as more business owners looked for ways to keep out those long-haired, tie-dyed, barefooted hippies.

Show me the law....

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

WE the People are kept in 24/7/365 crisis mode. I'm starting to notice a trend ... about every three days now, something extreme happens that's going to IRRITATE one side or both ... and then it's pumped non-stop on Internet, TV, etc.

Don't forget the anarchists, I'm sure ANTIFA is more anarchists than anything else, but these people infiltrate other groups and tend to be the violent side of those groups even when groups are not violent.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Don't forget the anarchists, I'm sure ANTIFA is more anarchists than anything else, but these people infiltrate other groups and tend to be the violent side of those groups even when groups are not violent.

Anarchists are fine; terrorists aren't.

Any group advocating for the use of violence for political means is a terrorist group and should be dealt with accordingly.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don't discuss politics with my friends period, regardless of what side of the political spectrum you're on, or even if you're a centrist, you're going to lose friends that way.
edit on 6/24/18 by Hypntick because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don't discuss politics with my friends period, regardless of what side of the political spectrum you're on, or even inf you're a centrist, you're going to lose friends that way.

Until the 1970s, politics was not a subject for polite company.

It was also a private matter.

Sometimes, they were the "good ol' days."

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join