It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Ever heard the saying if you remove GOD from the country then he will turn your country into hell.

Stop look around here it comes...

Likely he would get some orange tinted person to finish off the job.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I do not know how they would rule.

My belief is the standard "my rights end where yours begin" would guide the decision.

ETA: or perhaps: "You can refuse service based on your religion, not on theirs" would be more prudent. I'd not find anywhere in any Jewish religious text that they are not to service Muslims, and the claim wouldn't be valid.

Witht he gake...its there is reference against homosexuality.
edit on 6/24/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The Red Hen refused service because they disliked Sanders and her beliefs. That is a matter of persecution.

They found her actions, such as justifying breaking families apart and imprisoning innocent children, violated their sense of decency. That is a matter of conscience. By your own standards, that means it is not "persecution."

per·se·cu·tion
ˌpərsəˈkyo͞oSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs.
"her family fled religious persecution"
synonyms: oppression, victimization, maltreatment, ill-treatment, mistreatment, abuse, ill-usage, discrimination, tyranny; More

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Ever heard the saying if you remove GOD from the country then he will turn your country into hell.

Stop look around here it comes...

Likely he would get some orange tinted person to finish off the job.

Finally! A "Trump is the Antichrist" post!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Again, the bakers did not want their wedding cakes in a gay wedding. If the gay couple was buying a cake for a heterosexual wedding, or if they wanted some other product, they would have continued the transaction. That is a matter of conscience. The Red Hen refused service because they disliked Sanders and her beliefs. That is a matter of persecution.

Wrong.

The Red Hen had started serving Sanders. They then asked her to leave. The rest of her party left of their own will, and The Red Hen didn't charge them anything.

The baker never even started serving.

The two situations are distinctly different. The baker refused gays (a category), ergo discrimination. The Red Hen refused Sarah Sanders (a person), ergo they don't like Sarah Sanders.

He didn’t refuse gays. He refused to have his cake used in an event that violated his conscience.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The Red Hen refused service because they disliked Sanders and her beliefs. That is a matter of persecution.

They found her actions, such as justifying breaking families apart and imprisoning innocent children, violated their sense of decency. That is a matter of conscience. By your own standards, that means it is not "persecution."

per·se·cu·tion
noun
hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs.
synonyms: oppression, victimization, maltreatment, ill-treatment, mistreatment, abuse, ill-usage, discrimination, tyranny; More

So then the bakery was persecuting the gay couple?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

per·se·cu·tion
noun

No, you forcing the Christian to violate his religious beliefs is persecution.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Many of us are right here.

A business has every legal right within local, state, and federal guidelines to deny service.

They also have every right to reap what they sow. Given what I've seen on line, yelp and assorted other sites, he's reapin' big time.

I hope the view from his high horse is as good today as it was then...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ya know, I have been a member here for a looong time, but I bet 75% of my posts have been within the last 2-3 years. There is something unnatural going on with people and it's not just in the US. Peeps all over seem to be hatin more and I am not sure most even realise it.

totally agree it seems people are being encouraged to separate into groups men vs women, colour vs white, athiest vs christian even trivial stuff house wives vs working women, breast feeding vs bottle fed babies, house husbands vs working men, men in relationships vs incels/mgtow, car drivers vs cycalists

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Any excuse, right?

Good grief, people.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Business have the right to refuse service for any reason unless its a protected class.

Maybe the owner didnt want the hassle of other customers getting heated with the newcomers.
Just looking after his own interests.

I thought that was a "big thing" for Americans ..freedom to run your business how you like

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

per·se·cu·tion
noun

Why is baking a cake violating his religious beliefs?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

So two wrongs is the way it works now, eh?

Way to show your superiority. The Presidents a rude SOB upon occasion, so it's OK for me to be. That's the new rule now?

Tryin' to keep up here. I was always taught that two wrongs never make a right...?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My belief is the standard "my rights end where yours begin" would guide the decision.

Leading to the question: whose rights are whose?

ETA: or perhaps: "You can refuse service based on your religion, not on theirs" would be more prudent. I'd not find anywhere in any Jewish religious text that they are not to service Muslims, and the claim wouldn't be valid.

Again, what if your religion is biased? Could a Christian refuse to serve a Mormon because they believe that Mormons are apostate?

Witht he gake...its there is reference against homosexuality.

But there are a lot more references to loving one's neighbor, forgiving trespasses, etc. The baker's choice suggests that he was making a political decision rather than a truly Christian one. (Not that I can read his mind, but I can compare his actions with the teachings he claims to follow.) Part of the current crisis is the politicization of religion. The Christian Fundamentalists have created a political environment where those who do not agree with them are not simply wrong, they are damned, and that every attempt to exempt others from their rules and strictures is considered an "infringement" of their religious liberty.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Very true.

God alone knows what might have ended up in their food. Nope, bad yelp reviews will hurt a lot more in the end.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well said, sir. Well said!

link   

I do not believe that you can refuse to serve someone based on their religion. I believe that is settled in judicial precedence.

link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Business have the right to refuse service for any reason unless its a protected class.

Protected class? Where is this right articulated in the Constitution, and where is "protected class" defined?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: tinner07

So two wrongs is the way it works now, eh?

Way to show your superiority. The Presidents a rude SOB upon occasion, so it's OK for me to be. That's the new rule now?

Tryin' to keep up here. I was always taught that two wrongs never make a right...?

It helps if you start recognizing the wrong, rather than ignoring it.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

per·se·cu·tion
noun

Why is baking a cake violating his religious beliefs?

He explicitly stated why, and these reasons are freely available.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join