It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: DJW001

a reply to: xuenchen

TMZ reported that she was kicked out of the restaurant -- The Red Hen in Lexington, Virginia -- on “moral grounds” and cited a waiter who said that Sanders was served “for a total of two minutes before my owner kicked her out along with seven of her other family members.”

Outrageous. Next bakers will refuse to make wedding cakes for gay couples on "moral grounds." What is this country coming to?

Would you bake a cake for a Klan wedding?

Why? Are you getting married?

Can’t answer the question?

I'm not a baker. I do deal with the public in my work, and even when someone is obviously a racist I treat them no differently than anyone else. I would rather educate than condemn. Perhaps if the baker quoted the Bible as he took their order we wouldn't have this debate.

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Not my cupof tea but as long as legal marrage I think they should have a nice wedding cake.
As long as it doesn't have a hanging dude on because that's nowt to do with a wedding.

link   
Arrgghhh double

edit on 24-6-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DJW001

You can only support this outright lie by invoking your own interpretation of motives which you have no way of knowing.

If a Muslim can sell liquor at a convenience store, a Jew sell ham sandwiches at a deli, a Christian can sell a cake to homosexuals. You had better cool it with the trash talk.

"A muslim"...so all muslims are the same?

"A jew"...all jews are the same? I know a man of jewish ancestry that eats bacon. LOL

Do you know what the word "secular" means?

If a Christian, or Muslim, or Jew, holds religious beliefs or not...irrelevant.

There has not been a single ad hominem attack made on you by me.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Do you know what the word "secular" means?

If a Christian, or Muslim, or Jew, holds religious beliefs or not...irrelevant.

Do you know what the word "secular" means? We live in a secular society. Citizens are expected to follow the civic laws, irrespective of their religious beliefs. No polygamy. No child marriages. No "honor killings." No slavery. No human sacrifice. If you feel that civic laws are somehow infringing on your religious practices, there are other countries that would be more welcoming. Russia, for example, is pioneering state homophobia in the name of religion. Perhaps that might be a better fit for the baker.
edit on 24-6-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Now this the Democratic Party I grew up with...

Except in those days, it was skin color that determined whether Democrats would serve you or not...

As a southerner, I well remember the Democrats treachery....so this is no surprise...

The only surprise is that people are surprised Democrats would behave this way when history proves them to be segregationists time and again....the reasons for their wanting segregation may have changed from skin color to political ideology but their despicable behavior is consistent with their morally bereft ethos...

They live in a world not of reality, but of absolutes and you are either with them or they will despise you...though thankfully Democrats don’t lynch those with whom they disagree anymore...at least not yet...

-Chris

You know those Dixiecrats call themselves Republicans now, right?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

TMZ reported that she was kicked out of the restaurant -- The Red Hen in Lexington, Virginia -- on “moral grounds” and cited a waiter who said that Sanders was served “for a total of two minutes before my owner kicked her out along with seven of her other family members.”

Outrageous. Next bakers will refuse to make wedding cakes for gay couples on "moral grounds." What is this country coming to?

Sure. I've got nothing against vanilla.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The restauranteur was NOT exercising freedom of association. By that logic, a white supremacist restaurant can refuse to associate with Blacks. That's just absurd.

Yes, both businesses were in the wrong.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I know very well what secular means, and thus understand a "jew" can be secular in beliefs, and take a much more relaxed view of their religious convictions. Its within their rights protected by the bill of rights.

You enumerated a group of "laws" that have nothing whatsoever to do with one persons rights superceding anothers. In fact, you enumerated a group of violations that highlight how one persons rights cannot supercede anothers. In fact, you reference criminal law as a "civic law"....a bold highlight of the complete absurdity of your position.

I may believe my religion allows me to marry a 12 year old. Unfortunately for such crazed beliefs, our laws recognize that a 12 year old is not imbued with the right to determine that for themselves, and thus the religious beliefs would violate her rights.

You are making terrible, straw grasping arguments. And slipping in your tired old Russian references in the process. Come on...either make logically cohesive arguments, or simply withdraw your argument.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I'm not a baker. I do deal with the public in my work, and even when someone is obviously a racist I treat them no differently than anyone else. I would rather educate than condemn. Perhaps if the baker quoted the Bible as he took their order we wouldn't have this debate.

It’s a simple enough question. The point is, some people do not want their product used for purposes that go against their conscience.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The restauranteur was NOT exercising freedom of association. By that logic, a white supremacist restaurant can refuse to associate with Blacks.

Correct. That is the direction that the country is now heading, thanks to the Supreme Court.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The difference between the Red Hen and the baker who refuses to bake a cake is that Sanders' party was already being served.

She was asked to leave by the owner after they had been attended to. Recall, the Facebook post said:

“I just served Sarah huckabee sanders for a total of 2 minutes before my owner asked her to leave.”

The owner wasn't even at the restaurant when Sanders arrived, but was called there by employees.
edit on 12Sun, 24 Jun 2018 12:02:14 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It’s a simple enough question. The point is, some people do not want their product used for purposes that go against their conscience.

So where does that put gun manufacturers? Do they have no conscience? Or do they not mind their product being used by criminals? Ultimately, sellers have no control over how their products will be used.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The restauranteur was NOT exercising freedom of association. By that logic, a white supremacist restaurant can refuse to associate with Blacks. That's just absurd.

On one side is protected classes as your example above and on the other is everything not protected that is OK to discriminate against...No shoes, No service ring a bell as an example of non-protected discrimination.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Would you support a Christian fruit vendor refusing to serve lesbians bananas?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

So where does that put gun manufacturers? Do they have no conscience? Or do they not mind their product being used by criminals? Ultimately, sellers have no control over how their products will be used.

They sell their product to dealers, who in turn sell to citizens.
edit on 24-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   

You are making terrible, straw grasping arguments. And slipping in your tired old Russian references in the process. Come on...either make logically cohesive arguments, or simply withdraw your argument.

What do you even think my argument is?

link   

originally posted by: Greven

Would you support a Christian fruit vendor refusing to serve lesbians bananas?

Ive never met a lesbian banana I didn’t like.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Gryphon66

On one side is protected classes as your example above and on the other is everything not protected that is OK to discriminate against...No shoes, No service ring a bell as an example of non-protected discrimination.

No shoes, no service is mandated for health and safety reasons. It is grounded in reality, not opinion. Religion is a matter of opinion.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

What do you even think my argument is?

You are arguing against religious freedom.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join