It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I can't read 39 pages to get all the facts. I read about 5. So is there any other reason that she was thrown out aside from working for Trump? I hven't seen any.

Nope, just simple discrimination.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I can't read 39 pages to get all the facts. I read about 5. So is there any other reason that she was thrown out aside from working for Trump? I hven't seen any.

Well that's just frickin childish. What, is her conservatism going to spread to others if she dines there?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Well that's just frickin childish. What, is her conservatism going to spread to others if she dines there?

Is homosexuality going to spread to others if you bake a cake for them?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Only lots of people are using it as a hammer when all that's needed is a small screwdriver.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Don't give a #. Different happening. This is childish BS.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It's hilarious how people don't get the difference between this and the cake case.

There is no 'Sarah got thrown out' case because she's not suing over a business exercising their right to refuse her service.

No, she is exploiting it for political gain. So, what's the difference in your opinion?

Can you explain how she is exploiting this?

On Friday after she was kicked out, her server made a post informing the world that it happened. On Saturday morning she made a statement confirming it, and stating only that she thought the actions of all involved spoke to their character. The worst she gave was a backhand of the most polite nature.

What else has she done that would support your claim of exploitation?

Fair warning: if you fail to present any more information, im going to make comment on your bias (and likely extrapolate that into a greater picture).

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Religious freedom is an inalienable right. Your question is not only morose, it wholly misses any valid or logical point.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I can act as a prima facie witness here.

Nope.

Also, not the point. The baker wasn't afraid of becoming gay.
edit on 24-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The baker wasn't afraid of becoming gay.

The baker formed a moral judgement against a potential customer. So did the restaurant. At least the restaurant owner did not hypocritically invoke religion.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You can only support this outright lie by invoking your own interpretation of motives which you have no way of knowing.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Fair warning: if you fail to present any more information, im going to make comment on your bias (and likely extrapolate that into a greater picture).

[snipped] Sanders can rely on Fox and "alt-media" to do her work for her. All she needs to do is look aggrieved.
edit on Sun Jun 24 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material removed

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The baker wasn't afraid of becoming gay.

The baker formed a moral judgement against a potential customer. So did the restaurant. At least the restaurant owner did not hypocritically invoke religion.

Technically, he restauranteur had even less of a leg to stand on ... religious beliefs are protected by the First.

Thinking someone else is a boo-boo-lyin-poopy-face is not.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DJW001

You can only support this outright lie by invoking your own interpretation of motives which you have no way of knowing.

If a Muslim can sell liquor at a convenience store, a Jew sell ham sandwiches at a deli, a Christian can sell a cake to homosexuals. You had better cool it with the trash talk.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

TMZ reported that she was kicked out of the restaurant -- The Red Hen in Lexington, Virginia -- on “moral grounds” and cited a waiter who said that Sanders was served “for a total of two minutes before my owner kicked her out along with seven of her other family members.”

Outrageous. Next bakers will refuse to make wedding cakes for gay couples on "moral grounds." What is this country coming to?

Would you bake a cake for a Klan wedding?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yup as long as it is about a wedding nowt else. What is a clan wedding though just to clarify?.
Or a clan wedding cake? Can you show examples?.
edit on 24-6-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Technically, he restauranteur had even less of a leg to stand on ... religious beliefs are protected by the First.

First, we do not know whether the baker held those beliefs for religious reasons or used religion as a pretext to justify those beliefs. Second, the same amendment protects all forms of self expression, not just religion. There is also the freedom of association, which the restauranteur was exercising, albeit in a negative form.

What the two cases are bracketing is a return to segregation. If an establishment can refuse to deal with a certain class of people based on some sort of moral judgement, where does the slippery slope lead?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

TMZ reported that she was kicked out of the restaurant -- The Red Hen in Lexington, Virginia -- on “moral grounds” and cited a waiter who said that Sanders was served “for a total of two minutes before my owner kicked her out along with seven of her other family members.”

Outrageous. Next bakers will refuse to make wedding cakes for gay couples on "moral grounds." What is this country coming to?

Why? Are you getting married?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yup as long as it is about a wedding nowt else. What is a clan wedding though just to clarify?.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Why? Are you getting married?

Can’t answer the question?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

Sarah Sanders is not a category.

Show a pattern of kicking out Republicans or something, and you could say it's discrimination.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join