It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: Gryphon66

Colorado has an anti-discrimination law that included Sex and Gender, and the Bakery still "won" that case

The Colorado baker serves all customers, but he declines to express messages or celebrate events that violate his deeply held beliefs.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Colorado has an anti-discrimination law that included Sex and Gender, and the Bakery still "won" that case

Nope. The SCOTUS reversed the decision of the Colorado Civil Rights Commission because it was quite obvious they were basing their decision partially on anti-religious grounds, which of course, the government at any level cannot do.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Mrs. Sanders would have a pretty strong case, I believe, that she was discriminated against at the very least on the basis of "Political Affiliation" and "Source of Income."

I respectfully disagree. The restaurant isn't turning away all Republicans or Trump supporters or even all White House Staff members. Just her, and she is not a "private citizen" as much as she is a public figure and the voice of this administration. Everyone has the right to protest and rebuke their government and its representatives as free expression. And Sanders has made it clear that she supports this administration's support of "religious freedom for businesses to turn customers away on the basis of their "deeply held belief". This is an example of THAT in action.

Politicains don't have the luxury to be in public and not be confronted by opposition. Neither does Sanders or any of Trump's cabinette members or aides.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Keep it up leftist douche bags!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Topic ain't about me bub.

It's about the restaurant, Sarah Sanders, and "Irony" of it all.

Not to mention the (R) votes gained 😃

and....

💥The💥Sun💥Burn💥

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

No Shoes
No Shirt
No Lies
No Service

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Only a matter of time before a lot of folks going to restaurants start wondering if the chef spit in their food because of their political beliefs.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It exposes the hateful and the bigots.

LOL...Like they've been hiding!

Sure they have. I bet this owner thinks he is morally-superior to Sanders, and I wager he wears his anti-Trumpism as a cloak for the purpose of virtue-signalling. But his actions prove otherwise. He's a hateful bigot.

Just about everyone is morally superior to Aunt Lydia, AKA Sarah Sanders Huckabee. She's a hateful bigot, her anti-American and anti-Christian actions prove it. She virtue signals for a living, citing biblical justification for 6th century walls and archaic social policy.

Bigotry is pernicious. I wouldn't let it control your decisions if I was you.

If you were me? Why do use it so often and so easily? www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

Man this just tickles me to death; I can only hope we see more and more of this sort of thing!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
BallBuster coming.

Maybe The White House calls in a reservation for The Donald J Trump Family.

⚖😃⚖

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

But what about her family members?

You can't assume all of them are conservatives.

Look I'm no fan of Trump, but isn't it excessive to punish someone just because he or she is related to someone you disagree with?
edit on 6/23/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Interesting case. Was she in the restaurant in her professional/government capacity? Or as a private citizen, with her family, trying to have dinner.

Protest and rebuking the govenrment does not provide for unfairly discriminating against seven people. Do all seven fall under the aegis of "working for the Government" then?

See above. In DC places of public accomodation CANNOT discriminate against anyone because of political affiliation.

The owners were clear that their throwing these people out was beacuse of who Mrs. Sanders works for and the capacity in which she works.

Again, were her six family members also liable to the "protest and rebuke"?

Also, it's stupid and wrong and unfair.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It exposes the hateful and the bigots.

LOL...Like they've been hiding!

Sure they have. I bet this owner thinks he is morally-superior to Sanders, and I wager he wears his anti-Trumpism as a cloak for the purpose of virtue-signalling. But his actions prove otherwise. He's a hateful bigot.

Just about everyone is morally superior to Aunt Lydia, AKA Sarah Sanders Huckabee. She's a hateful bigot, her anti-American and anti-Christian actions prove it. She virtue signals for a living, citing biblical justification for 6th century walls and archaic social policy.

Bigotry is pernicious. I wouldn't let it control your decisions if I was you.

If you were me? Why do use it so often and so easily? www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do not defend the unjust treatment of others, nor am I intolerant of others who hold different views. That's your bag.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Man this just tickles me to death; I can only hope we see more and more of this sort of thing!

Be careful what you wish for.

Unfair discrimination for any reason is wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Only a matter of time before a lot of folks going to restaurants start wondering if the chef spit in their food because of their political beliefs.

If things like this continue, it'd be a certainty.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

So you would be tickled to death to have yourself and family members asked to leave a restaurant based on your political opinions or who you work for ?

I doubt it .

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Ok if you could prove that then yes. But that could never be proven. Hands down they win and she has something to use against all naysayers. Win win for her I say.

Just out of curiosity, you realize I am saying that the restaurant owners were WRONG to do this to Ms. Sanders ... right?

Wrong is just a perspective point of view.
Is it legal...yes, they have every right to do so.

link   

Just a note: That law is about the "District of Columbia", a governmental body and how it doesn't discriminate. It has no application to a private business which can deny service for any reason, stated or not stated. If I were a Democrat business owner, I wouldn't serve any members of this administration! There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is the problem with prioritizing political beliefs above all else as a matter of identity.

Political bias is inevitable. Acting unfairly on political bias in most circumstances is always wrong.

I say this about the restaurant owners the same way I say it about the Congress.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Now where are all the people who, in the past, were so very adamant that anyone running a business must be willing to serve EVERYONE, no exceptions?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join