It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: jimmyx

a reply to: jimmyx

I'm sorry but did the baker refuse ALL service to the customer? That's what happened here, far worse. Why are you people who railed against the baker not railing against this restaurant .. oh that's right, hypocrisy at it's finest.

all service??....yeah, they wanted the baker to bake them a wedding cake.....that was the "service"

And they said that violates our religious beliefs, but we are happy to serve you anything that doesn't. So tell me, did Sanders ask for anything and get told no but you can have anything on the menu?

It is different. It would only be the same if Sanders was asking the Red He to cater a Trump rally, or if the gay gentleman just came into the bakery for a bite to eat.

Exactly the point I have been making that none of them want to acknowledge.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Restaurant; I won't serve you because of your political ideology.

Doctor; I won't treat your illness because of your political ideology.

Plumber; I won't fix your leak because of your political ideology.

Pharmacist; I won't sell you medicine because of your political ideology.

Electrician; I won't fix the wiring in your home because of your political ideology.

Policeman; I won't arrest the person who stole from you because of your political ideology.

Fireman; I won't extinguish the fire in your home because of your political ideology.

Priest; I won't pray for you because of your political ideology.

Banker; I won't give you an account because of your political ideology.

Grocer; I won't sell you food because of your political ideology.

Dentist; I won't fix your tooth because of your political ideology.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I'm sorry but did the baker refuse ALL service to the customer? That's what happened here, far worse. Why are you people who railed against the baker not railing against this restaurant .. oh that's right, hypocrisy at it's finest.

all service??....yeah, they wanted the baker to bake them a wedding cake.....that was the "service"

And they said that violates our religious beliefs, but we are happy to serve you anything that doesn't. So tell me, did Sanders ask for anything and get told no but you can have anything on the menu?

It is different. It would only be the same if Sanders was asking the Red He to cater a Trump rally, or if the gay gentleman just came into the bakery for a bite to eat.

I’ve pointed out the difference numerous times to no avail.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Vs.
Dr: I will treat you but I don't do sex change operations.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I’ve pointed out the difference numerous times to no avail.

The only response I got was the only thing the lesbian couple wanted was a gay wedding cake so refusing that one item was refusal of all service. How twisted does your thinking have to become to post that.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It seems to me you're pointing to the form of the justification for wrong action ... rather than the wrong action.

Yes, the specifics of the two situations are different. When I am saying that the two issues are the same issue, that's not a claim that the justification for discrimination was exactly the same in both cases (which is what you seem to be taking issue with.)

I am saying that unfair discrimination in the public square is wrong; in effects the two situations are identical.

edit on 24-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

This discussion is not about the baker and the gay wedding cake except to the extent that what was wrong in one case is the same thing that is wrong in this one. The restauranteurs have just as much "religious belief" basis to refuse service because lying is one of the sins that God hates, breaks the Ten Commandments, etc. etc.

The issue is refusing service to a member of the public that is not a) disrupting your business or b) endangering the public health. WHY someone does that or thinks it's justified is the problem as I said.

Now, you can keep trying to pick a fight, and someone else may take you up on it, but I won't be helping you. Best.

Gryphon,...You continue to surprise me and I respect your sober-mindedness on this matter.

What the Red Hen did was wrong...and quite stupid from a business standpoint.

It will face some long and short term financial repercussions because of it's actions...and perhaps that is necessary (however unfortunate) to show this type of discrimination does not occur w/o consequences...and shouldn't continue elsewhere, unchecked.

It's unfortunate that our country has become so very divided, angry and bitter...and I hope it can eventually heal.
This, too, comes with long and short-term consequences...but when (and if) we as a nation come through it, perhaps we will all be better and wiser for the ordeal.

I would love to see some healing in our country...and love to see the media cease fanning all these flames.

I'm every bit as guilty as everyone here for throwing gas on this dumpster fire and dancing around the flames...and, moving forward, I will endeavor to rise above all this anger and stupidity.

We can all be better than this.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You know what most of these outrage queens (that's a reference to the men as well) are just these do-gooders do nothing keyboard warriors who actually do no research or use data or evidence so support their position.

I don't get it.

When present with enough evidence I have a tendency to be forced to rethink my position after thorough investigation. Yea I may argue points hard and it may not be easy to change my position but if you can present the right evidence I usually change it or evolve on the topic.

How many of you outrage queens have actually gone to one of these facilities and donate your time and helped out with some of these undocumented kids and found out what the hell is actually going on?

let me guess, zero, none of you

That's ok though because the people who usually do donate their time happen to most often be the Christian conservatives that you lament and hate and direct your nastiness and vitriol towards.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Anyone still doubt this is just the tip of the iceberg? A beginning to a much larger, intense and protracted conflict?

Very important we hold onto control of the Executive and Legislative branches..... Much like the first time Republicans defeated insurrectionist Democrats.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Perhaps I've changed, and perhaps some have just started listening to what I'm actually saying, LOL. Thanks for the kind words either way.

ABSOLUTELY ... small public businesses live and die on what is generally a razor-thin margin. If I were in a business in which my political opinions or religious beliefs were going to keep me from serving my customers on a regular basis, I'd get another business, LOL.

We've all been fostering the extreme ends against the majority in the middle. We all need to stop.

Most of all, becasue we can't let Them win.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
i dont see this any different to the guy who refused to make a cake a for a gay couple.
they dont agree with her they dont serve her

only difference its a republican being victimised instead of a minority

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I could have listed a lot more but really i think 2 sufficed to prove a a point....no? Wellsney college, Southern university, the naacp. These discriminate.

But to your point, the list of what is discriminating grows with each sunrise. I can see your point and agree to some extent but jeezus where does it stop. You going to let bloods and crips in alongside hells angels into a 5 star restaurant cuz you might violate their rights? Thats absurd of course but perhaps you see my point.

9a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kerrichin
i dont see this any different to the guy who refused to make a cake a for a gay couple.
they dont agree with her they dont serve her

only difference its a republican being victimised instead of a minority

Does the reason for discrimination matter sooo much?

Discrimination is the issue, not who did it or why.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The difference being one was not about anger or hatred, but religious belief, and the other was about anger or hatred.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It seems to me you're pointing to the form of the justification for wrong action ... rather than the wrong action.

Yes, the specifics of the two situations are different. When I am saying that the two issues are the same issue, that's not a claim that the justification for discrimination was exactly the same in both cases (which is what you seem to be taking issue with.)

I am saying that unfair discrimination in the public square is wrong; in effects the two situations are identical.

I agree. Unfair discrimination is completely unjust,

But I find there is a vast difference between refusing to have your work used in an event that goes against your conscience, and refusing service based on who or what the customer is.

link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I could have listed a lot more but really i think 2 sufficed to prove a a point....no? Wellsney college, Southern university, the naacp. These discriminate.

But to your point, the list of what is discriminating grows with each sunrise. I can see your point and agree to some extent but jeezus where does it stop. You going to let bloods and crips in alongside hells angels into a 5 star restaurant cuz you might violate their rights? Thats absurd of course but perhaps you see my point.

9a reply to: Gryphon66

I pointed out the flaw I saw in your argument. "Could have" doesn't really count.

We all need to stop the BS. Good Christ, the fricking "Golden Rule" ... treat others the way you want to be treated.

link   
a reply to: JBurns

You are itching to go at your fellow American aren't you?.
You need to all forget left and right and understand you are falling for purposeful division.
My bet you would be egging other folk on to do stuff like purging while hiding in your basement....oh wait that's you already.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Fair enough.

Personally, I have an issue with letting lawyers reframe our beliefs into litgatable phrases.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't see it as discrimination. They would not sell a gay wedding cake to anyone. They were willing to serve the gay couple in the same capacity as everyone else. You seem these 2 situations as equivalent, I do not. Only one of them refused service outright.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: JBurns

You are itching to go at your fellow American aren't you?.
You need to all forget left and right and understand you are falling for purposeful division.
My bet you would be egging other folk on to do stuff like purging while hiding in your basement....oh wait that's you already.

I don't think we can (or that we really need to) forget "left and right" though. We just need to see that as much as anything else, this is actually IDENTITY politics and keep those qualities in perspective rather than treating them as absolutes.

We are not or should not be utterly governed by our own self-definitions.

new topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join