It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, I just read this. Pretty sad behavior. The same folks that claim "higher ground" and all inclusiveness as baseline behavior are showing their true colors as hatefilled bigots.

crazy times

uh huh.....maybe if she had a gay wedding cake that she wanted made, and the "restaurant" refused...that would be fine with you.... I thought you right-wingers were all about.....FREEDOM!!!!........it's a private business, after all, juuuuuust like the cake baker.....your whining at this point falls on deaf ears

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I find no problem in either case, but I find this case to be much more troubling. The bakery was willing to serve everyone, they did not tell anyone to leave and refuse service, just like a restaurant can not be forced to serve non-halal meat they can not be forced to violate their religious beliefs by being forced to make an item they do not make. This is a case where service was flat out denied, not an accommodation.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I'm sorry but did the baker refuse ALL service to the customer? That's what happened here, far worse. Why are you people who railed against the baker not railing against this restaurant .. oh that's right, hypocrisy at it's finest.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I find no problem in either case, but I find this case to be much more troubling. The bakery was willing to serve everyone, they did not tell anyone to leave and refuse service, just like a restaurant can not be forced to serve non-halal meat they can not be forced to violate their religious beliefs by being forced to make an item they do not make. This is a case where service was flat out denied, not an accommodation.

We all find things that are more closely related to us more troubling I think Razor.

I'm not going to serve you because of __________.

It's not what fills in the blank that is the problem.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

We all find things that are more closely related to us more troubling I think Razor.

I'm not going to serve you because of __________.

It's not what fills in the blank that is the problem.

The bakery did not refuse service. They said we WILL serve you, but we will not forsake our religious beliefs while doing so. That is why this case is far more troubling imo.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'm dont want to live in a country where owners are kicking people out of party affiliation.

I blame the political divide on the media and I'm not gonna start treating people i disagree with differently just because they want to me to be outraged.

"Peace love harmony a eutipia" as long as you agree with me then I'm kicking you ass out.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

This discussion is not about the baker and the gay wedding cake except to the extent that what was wrong in one case is the same thing that is wrong in this one. The restauranteurs have just as much "religious belief" basis to refuse service because lying is one of the sins that God hates, breaks the Ten Commandments, etc. etc.

The issue is refusing service to a member of the public that is not a) disrupting your business or b) endangering the public health. WHY someone does that or thinks it's justified is the problem as I said.

Now, you can keep trying to pick a fight, and someone else may take you up on it, but I won't be helping you. Best.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I'm dont want to live in a country where owners are kicking people out of party affiliation.

I'm certain they would have asked Sanders to leave if she was a Democrat, a Libertarian, A tea Partier, or with the Girl Scouts of America. She wasn't asked to leave for her political affiliation. She was asked to leave because her actions were too morally reprehensible for this business owner and her employees to welcome her and her family in.

Liars, bigots and hypocrites aren't protected classes. A business has the right to refuse serves for any or no reason, as long as that reason doesn't violate the rights of a protected class.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'm sorry but did the baker refuse ALL service to the customer? That's what happened here, far worse. Why are you people who railed against the baker not railing against this restaurant .. oh that's right, hypocrisy at it's finest.

all service??....yeah, they wanted the baker to bake them a wedding cake.....that was the "service"

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I didn't make the comparison to the bakers, merely pointing out that the bakers did not refuse service, so saying they did is false. Just like someone that sells food products and is a muslim and believes meat should be halal should not be forced to sell non-halal meat. They only sell meat that follows their religious beliefs, feel free to purchase something else.

There are some similarities, but when you get into it the comparison is a false one because imo complete refusal of service =/= refusal of accommodation while offering service.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

all service??....yeah, they wanted the baker to bake them a wedding cake.....that was the "service"

And they said that violates our religious beliefs, but we are happy to serve you anything that doesn't. So tell me, did Sanders ask for anything and get told no but you can have anything on the menu?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I agree and thanks for your comment. I keep an open mind and I love the environment however seeing it destroyed globally in my lifetime. Your frog thing set me off to look into my and my bros situation. My tads dying can happen but his die off should not unless the DNA inside those tadpoles was compromised. Seems like they were. So I launched a post about the Thyroid in a tadpole being affected by PCB and DDT and that it affects us also. Then took it up another couple of levels up into UN open boarders and mass migration ~ allowing the perceived infusion of non corrupted "pure" DNA into Europe and North America.

Think about it as those who know wont tell us. It just remains as a mystery.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I understand it all to well!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

And they said that violates our religious beliefs, but we are happy to serve you anything that doesn't. So tell me, did Sanders ask for anything and get told no but you can have anything on the menu?

It is different. It would only be the same if Sanders was asking the Red He to cater a Trump rally, or if the gay gentleman just came into the bakery for a bite to eat.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jake56

Things change. I know living through times of transition can be scary and things may indeed get unpleasant for us.

But the world and life goes on. Life on this planet has been almost totally destroyed any number of times.

Yet, we're here.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Agreed except even private clubs can be sued and or shamed into complying. See the boy scouts or Augusta golf club. So even the most sacrosanct of clubs are not immune to pc insanity.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

She was asked to leave because her actions were too morally reprehensible for this business owner and her employees to welcome her and her family in.

🤔 What actions are those exactly? She has said nothing that seems morally reprehensible to me ?

Trump is not against gays... how exactly is she protecting his bigotry ? He is not against Mexicans either or blacks, but is concerned with the serious crime involved with illegals entering the country.

The restaurant has the right to tefuse service for any reason, but don’t make up reasons that aren’t true. Just say you don’t want to serve them and let it suffice.
I hope they lose a lot of business, but they will probably be looked at as some sort of hero among the resistance and their customer base may well increase.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Agreed except even private clubs can be sued and or shamed into complying. See the boy scouts or Augusta golf club. So even the most sacrosanct of clubs are not immune to pc insanity.

PC insanity goes all ways.

You give two examples of private clubs out of hundreds. Personally, I don't find that compelling.

It's wrong to discriminate against people in the public square for whatever arbitrary reasons. Period.

link   

Agree

link   
a reply to: Jake56

It's unfortuante that we have to choose between the GOP that wants to destroy the environment and the DNC that wants to destroy the fabric of society and the fundamental pillars of what makes America America.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join