It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
They still are. Have you ever eaten British food. Thats an insult to anyone.
Thank god for Indian and Chinese immigrants.

a reply to: dragonridr

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

PS monte python will always be classics
edit on 6/24/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You could be right. I read the book as written by Tivadar [Schwartz] Soros titled Masquerade. Its explains how the Nazi party divided and conquered all opposition both domestic and foreign. The Democrats are following that plan as the restaurant owner did. Need to send Diamond & Silk to that restaurant and see what happens.

Since your into Amphibians we do have some extremely serious stuff going on in nature. Could be the end of us? The tadpoles are no longer mutating and completing the metamorphosis cycle. I have a Coy pond without Coy. Water quality is correct. They are dying, and are being Cannibalized by the others at stage 2.

My PhD Department Chair brother of Biotechnology and Genetics is seeing the same thing in their controlled laboratories. Hes a happy go lucky guy but I know that hes sheeting his pants seeing this.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: BlueJacket

Can't she just go to another restaurant? Just like those of you who said that gays can just go to another bakery. What's the problem?

Leads to inevitable civil war

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: BlueJacket

Can't she just go to another restaurant? Just like those of you who said that gays can just go to another bakery. What's the problem?

As i recall, she did just that without making a scene.

I used to loathe this woman. Now i admire the hell out if her. Not just because of this incident. She is smart and tough. 2 traits i value.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Jake56

Since your into Amphibians we do have some extremely serious stuff going on in nature. Could be the end of us?

Off topic, but I'll indulge. I think humanity is past the point of return. In my opinion, we've already sealed our fate with our inevitable runaway nuclear melt down. We have not been good stewards of the earth.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Now i admire the hell out if her.

I thought she handled the White House Press Corps dinner with grace, even though her supporters didn't. But I don't think she handled this with grace, revenge tweeting from her official White House account. And then, her dad's tweet proved that the worm infested apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The both of them made this personal. Rookie mistake!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Now i admire the hell out if her.

I thought she handled the White House Press Corps dinner with grace, even though her supporters didn't. But I don't think she handled this with grace, revenge tweeting from her official White House account. And then, her dad's tweet proved that the worm infested apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The both of them made this personal. Rookie mistake!

The biggest issue here is "making it personal" you think?

I'd say Mrs. Sanders is taking it calmly. How would you like to have your family removed from a restaurant because of where you work?

Come on Sookie ... what happened to her and her family is just not right!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Can somebody with facebook, copy and paste this into their yelp reviews with one star, I cancelled mine.

They broke the Distinct of Columbia non-discrimination public accommodation law under the "political affiliation" category. That gets you one star every time. The sad thing is there are many posting that they agree with them, so discrimination is ok by them, but only when it targets people they dislike, what hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

She wasn't removed because of where she works. It was because of her consistent dishonesty, her support for the separation of children at the border and her anti-LGBTQ stance, according to the restaurant owner.

By revenge tweeting from her professional account, she broke the law, and she was dishonest when she tweeted that she was asked to leave because she worked for POTUS when she was really sked to leave because she lies for POTUS.

edit on 24-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So if she lies for POTUS....that means Trump is telling the truth?

a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

She wasn't removed because of where she works. It was because of her consistent dishonesty, her support for the separation of children at the border and her anti-LGBTQ stance, according to the restaurant owner.

By revenge tweeting from her professional account, she broke the law, and she was dishonest when she tweeted that she was asked to leave because she worked for POTUSm when she was really sked to leave because she lies for POTUS.

I can be about as liberal and left as it comes in regard to social issues ... and this is a social issue. If the owners weren't going to serve dishonest folks they'd be out of business in a microsecond.

"Her support for separation of children at the border" is an emotion-laden way of saying "where she works."

I disagree with the Trump Administraion on 99.99% of what they do ... and that is STILL NO EXCUSE to discriminate in the public square.

She broke the law by Tweeting? Really? How do you figure?

You just revealed the fact that you know that the actions by the restaurant were based on her job. Whether she lies or not, she was removed, according to you, for what she said in her job on behalf of the President.

/shrug ... Wrong is wrong, Sookie.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Wait, aren't the people feigning outrage over this the very same people who support bakers not baking cakes for LGBQT people and saying businesses have a right to serve whomever they choose? What happened?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Wait, aren't the people feigning outrage over this the very same people who support bakers not baking cakes for LGBQT people and saying businesses have a right to serve whomever they choose? What happened?

Nope. Swing and a miss.

Follow-up: No one is "feigning outrage" ... that's just a deployment of irritating language.

Let's turn it around on you ... if it's wrong for the bakers to discriminate (and it is) how can you possibly support the same thing???

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
We should ask this lady if it would make things easier for her if we made Trump supporters and Republicans wear a yellow star or put a brand on their foreheads.
As far as "Is it right for her to refuse Republican business?", I say not morally; but it would be just as immoral for society to revoke her right to deny service on whatever grounds she wishes. That said, I do hope consumers of any political affiliation in that locale will excercise their right to avoid establishments that refuse service on such grotesque grounds.
edit on 24-6-2018 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Damn that was harsh. They didnt even get a knock it off stupid speech first!!!!!
At least you are an equal opportunity employer.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

By revenge tweeting from her professional account, she broke the law, and she was dishonest when she tweeted that she was asked to leave because she worked for POTUS when she was really sked to leave because she lies for POTUS.

seriously, how can you look at her tweet and call it a revenge tweet?? you are simply seeing things that arent there. And now you are calling Sarah a criminal for tweeting.......holy hell you are off the rails.

edit on am66201818America/Chicago24p08am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thats funny cuz i am a conservative on this issue and I think its ok what happened in both cases. Let the market sort it out is what I say. Its only an issue because the social media monsters let it get out onto the web.9. a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Thats funny cuz i am a conservative on this issue and I think its ok what happened in both cases. Let the market sort it out is what I say. Its only an issue because the social media monsters let it get out onto the web.9. a reply to: Gryphon66

From the possible perspective of a totally free market, I can agree. However, we don't have a totally free market and never will. A free market is just as illusory as true communism.

If businesses want to pick and choose who they serve, they should set up a private club or a subscription service.

If they want to serve the public, they should do that.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

She broke the law by Tweeting? Really? How do you figure?

I don't figure, Walter Shaub, former White House Ethics Chief does.

Walter Shaub
Verified account
@waltshaub
51m
51 minutes ago
Opening sentences of 5 CFR 2635.702 cover both; 702(a) gives example of coercion; 702(c) gives example of endorsement. Also 2635.101(b)(8) bars preferential treatment, with obvious corollary for singling out. She can lob attacks on her own time but not using her official position
twitter.com...

You just revealed the fact that you know that the actions by the restaurant were based on her job. Whether she lies or not, she was removed, according to you, for what she said in her job on behalf of the President.

She wasn't asked to leave because of where she works, but because she is dishonest in her work. The White House Press Secretary's job isn't to lie to the American people, but to represent White House policy and anser press corps questions. Deflection and denial are to be expected, but flat out provable lies are not.

And, not according to me. According the to restaurant owner.

Wilkinson explained that she queried her employees about what to do, knowing several employees were gay and all the staff had all watched the press secretary evade questions while defending Trump’s border separation policy.
“I was babbling a little, but I got my point across in a polite and direct fashion,” Wilkinson said. “I explained that the restaurant has certain standards that I feel it has to uphold, such as honesty, and compassion, and cooperation.”

“I’m not a huge fan of confrontation,” Wilkinson said. “I have a business, and I want the business to thrive. This feels like the moment in our democracy when people have to make uncomfortable actions and decisions to uphold their morals.”
“We just felt there are moments in time when people need to live their convictions,” the owner explained. “This appeared to be one.”
www.rawstory.com...

/shrug ... Wrong is wrong, Sookie.

Meh. I've been turned away from businesses for a numner of reason. I was denied valet parking because my car was a beater. I was denied a taxi ride because I was a single woman, and the Muslim driver was uncomforatable with that. "Shake it off"...

We are wronged all the time. I think Sarah Sanders and her dad acted small mindedly, disrespectfully, petty, unprofessional and vengeful, not to mention the blatant hypocrisy in that both of them defend discrimination against LGBTQ people.

edit on 24-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join