It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: c2oden

So you agree that we shouldn't separate people based on their political associations. So im glad you see the light. Heres the problem if as a society we demonize anyone who doesnt believe what we do it wont take long for the very foundations of that society to collapse. And as yoda said haye leads to suffering. His point when you hate you believe its ok to commit horrific acts. Look at the threats being made from the resist movement. But in their mind they are being righteous. Even though like Fonda hes trying to place a child in a cage to be rapped. See this is where hate leads to welcome to our new world.

Who are you, to be talking to me like this?

So glad I see the light?

A US citizen with an opinion that differs from others. But i guess i better speak up before people start harassing me because they dont agree with me. As for you at first you stated it was ok to descriminate based on politics. And then you claimed you dont. I can only guess you either changed your mind or have very little conviction and trolling.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

So you agree that we shouldn't separate people based on their political associations. So im glad you see the light. Heres the problem if as a society we demonize anyone who doesnt believe what we do it wont take long for the very foundations of that society to collapse. And as yoda said haye leads to suffering. His point when you hate you believe its ok to commit horrific acts. Look at the threats being made from the resist movement. But in their mind they are being righteous. Even though like Fonda hes trying to place a child in a cage to be rapped. See this is where hate leads to welcome to our new world.

So glad I see the light?

A US citizen with an opinion that differs from others. But i guess i better speak up before people start harassing me because they dont agree with me. As for you at first you stated it was ok to descriminate based on politics. And then you claimed you dont. I can only guess you either changed your mind or have very little conviction and trolling.

If i said it was ok to descriminate based on politics, please show me were I did.
I have not changed my mind, and I am not trolling.
As for my conviction? It changes. Sometimes I see where I was wrong and my conviction may change. I am not beholden to a certain side.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

So glad I see the light?

If i said it was ok to descriminate based on politics, please show me were I did.
As for my conviction? It changes. Sometimes I see where I was wrong and my conviction may change. I am not beholden to a certain side.

You said this:

If they did not want the consequences that follow throwing a family out of their restaraunt, based on political beliefs, they should not have done it.

Perhaps that's where the confusion lies. Or maybe the confusion is we are confusing each other with different posters?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Remember when the left went nuts on Chick fil A? New York City tried to ban them. But that was ok cuz it was just bible bashing conservatives. Oh wait....was that whatsboutism? My bad.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

So glad I see the light?

You said this:

If they did not want the consequences that follow throwing a family out of their restaraunt, based on political beliefs, they should not have done it.

Perhaps that's where the confusion lies. Or maybe the confusion is we are confusing each other with different posters?

So where did I say it was ok to descriminate based on political beliefs?
I never have.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

So glad I see the light?

You said this:

I never have.

Basically you stated that if they didn't want consequences then they shouldn't have done that. That's what your post implied.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Remember when the left went nuts on Chick fil A? New York City tried to ban them. But that was ok cuz it was just bible bashing conservatives. Oh wait....was that whatsboutism? My bad.

Maybe you and other finally understand the hypocrisy everywhere?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

So glad I see the light?

You said this:

I never have.

Basically you stated that if they didn't want consequences then they shouldn't have done that. That's what your post implied.

Yes!
So how is that discrimation based on political beliefs?
Her, and her family got thrown out the restaurant.
Why did she get thrown out of the restaurant?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

So glad I see the light?

You said this:

I never have.

Yes!

From what I understand, it isn't based on political beliefs but based on her lying for Trump so much, especially about the separation of families and children. Bad for their business.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Gryphon66

Just a note: That law is about the "District of Columbia", a governmental body and how it doesn't discriminate. It has no application to a private business which can deny service for any reason, stated or not stated. If I were a Democrat business owner, I wouldn't serve any members of this administration! There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion!

First of all make sure you know what I'm arguing.

Second, no, private businesses do not have the right to deny service for any reason in Washingon DC.

Third, District of Columbia is a municipality.

Fourth, This happened in Virginia not DC. DC's law does not apply.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

So glad I see the light?

You said this:

I never have.

Yes!

From what I understand, it isn't based on political beliefs but based on her lying for Trump so much, especially about the separation of families and children. Bad for their business.

You going to go with that?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

So glad I see the light?

You said this:

I never have.

Yes!

You going to go with that?

Would you serve the old evil hag called Hillary knowing it would be bad for your business?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Depends on what year I would be serving Hillary.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: DieGloke

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

Keep it up leftist douche bags!

Only a matter of time before a lot of folks going to restaurants start wondering if the chef spit in their food because of their political beliefs.

Do you regularly go into restaurant's announcing your political view publicly?

What if you are wearing a MAGA hat and just forgot of the implications of wearing it? See? That question right there shows how freakin far gone this country is.

If you do that your a idiot. The same way someone wearing a I love Hillary T shirt would be a idiot.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: DieGloke

Why?

Surely a buisness should not be forced to serve anyone right?

If a baker should not be forced to bake cakes for gays a resterount should not be forced to cook for a politician?

What's God for the goose is God for the gander.

That's right. A business should not be forced to serve anyone. That is morally wrong. It is also morally wrong to ask someone to leave based on who they are employed by, what they believe, their immutable characteristics, etc. and for the exact same reasons. None of those reasons are valid grounds for refusal of service.

A baker doesn't refuse to serve gays; they refuse to have their product used in an event that goes against their conscience and religious beliefs. It's not like Sanders was using their food for an event the owner wanted no part of. They simply refused service for reasons of bigotry.

So with the mental gymnatatics.

Either it's ok to deny anyone service or you might serve everyone.

Making exceptions just makes you a hyopcrite.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Hillary used to be fine.
In the '60s.
edit on 2018-06-24T03:57:38-05:002201824America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Depends on what year I would be serving Hillary.

I hope that doesn't include the year when you serve "under" Hillary.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: TonyS

Send me the address we can start the invasion there wearing redcoats.

MABA!

Make America Britain again!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Whatcha mean finally? The Right was pretty bad with Obama and birthergate, but this is off the chain today. People here in the UK ask me all the tine if i support Trump and I say hell yes. They then get mad and ask about the border mess with the kids. The look on their faces is priceless when i tell them that cage photo was from Obamas era and that its been a policy sice Clinton to seperate families

Anyway....Obama sent us down the tribal track...and it aint comin back to the station any time soon.

.a reply to: RowanBean

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

you forgot the most important one....
The Smokers Cafe...
we reserve the right to refuse non-smokers service as well as the right to discriminate against non-smokers in our hiring...
to protect you from that horrible second hand smoke, of course!!!

what bugs me is that the conservatives seem want us to believe that it's only the liberals that are acting wacky like this...
they are just as guilty!!
oh ya, poor sarah sanders, was asked to leave a restaurant....
some of the past examples of this have been the refusal to deliver heating oil to conservatives homes... as freezing a few people to death would make someone happier...
or driving to another state with the intention of towing a disabled car home only to see signs, bumper sticker, and hats supporting sanders and well, unhitching that car, telling the lady sorry, but you're supporting the wrong guy and my god don't like it and leave her stranded waiting another two hours for that tow!!

when people's religious/ strongly held beliefs start being used to justify endangering people's lives...
maybe the people need to just sit back and seriously re-evaluate their beliefs and moralities because something is screwed up somewhere in there!!

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join