It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I wonder if any of you were as defensive over the baker who refused to bake the cake for a gay couple?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not sure the restaurant did have the right to deny service at least under their stated terms:

Here is a note from a typical public notice on public accomodations:

Mrs. Sanders would have a pretty strong case, I believe, that she was discriminated against at the very least on the basis of "Political Affiliation" and "Source of Income."

It's wrong whatever the justifying reason is.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
good

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Gryphon66

Also before you answer make sure you know the area and the property owner of the restaurant. These things do matter with this issue.

Already done chief; hope that clears things up for ya!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They're getting hammered with bad reviews....pretty funny really....pages and pages of them. Thousands.

This is what happens when you think you're making a good move but the internet is available for all to read what you did.

Wonder what this guy will do if his business goes under.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The Democrats and anti-Trumpers are getting real nit-picky as more and more of their trash gets exposed.

Really? you post multiple threads daily that are anti-dems. Kind of nit-picky yourself don't ya think?

Is this scraping bottom of the barrel or is that term reserved for anti-Trump threads?

But seriously now. What were your thoughts on the bakery rejecting to bake a cake for the gay couple?

link   

Ok if you could prove that then yes. But that could never be proven. Hands down they win and she has something to use against all naysayers. Win win for her I say.

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Anyone not recognizing Sanders would be bewildered at what they had seen.

And, anyone recognizing her might have alerted everyone on Face Book, Instagram and Twitter of her location and caused a screaming mob scene as bod or worse than the Kristjen Nielsen's Mexican restaurant experience.
edit on 23-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Ah yes the Red Hen in Lexington, VA. Does Red mean Russian? Do they serve Pizza? Better call ICE to check that basement and the attic too!

Other comments by other peanuts:

The Red Hen Lex 666 E Washington St, Lexington, VA The owner is a disgustingly rude , arrogant, POS not welcoming Conservatives. We will protest and shut down your restaurant. Your Liberal intolerance of Republicans and total disrespect for the POTUS has just cost you your business! Your history here Answer Michelle Donnan Local Guide · 17 reviews · 16 photos 15 minutes ago Is it legal to descriminate in this case? Can they get away with that? Do they throw out black, Hispanic and Asian conservatives too? 20 more answers I hope you go out of business Answer Disgraceful! We are done with this restaurant. Answer Gloria Gaddis 2 minutes ago No class vulgar reply. To be expected.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They are getting destroyed on Yelp.

Since there is no protection in Virginia for source of income discrimination, I guess it's within the restaurant's rights to do what they did. So be it.

But I hope they catch enough economic hell for it.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It exposes the hateful and the bigots.

LOL...Like they've been hiding!

Sure they have. I bet this owner thinks he is morally-superior to Sanders, and I wager he wears his anti-Trumpism as a cloak for the purpose of virtue-signalling. But his actions prove otherwise. He's a hateful bigot.

Just about everyone is morally superior to Aunt Lydia, AKA Sarah Sanders Huckabee. She's a hateful bigot, her anti-American and anti-Christian actions prove it. She virtue signals for a living, citing biblical justification for 6th century walls and archaic social policy.

Bigotry is pernicious. I wouldn't let it control your decisions if I was you.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I wonder if any of you were as defensive over the baker who refused to bake the cake for a gay couple?

It's not like she asked the owner to form the mashed-potatoes into a bust of Donald Trump, and write "I love my president" in butter beneath it.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
If Republicans are as smart about getting elected as I think they are, these episodes could easily be turned into a brochure and mailed to every “...or current resident” in the US. Shouldn’t be too hard to demonstrate the rampant fascism of the Democratic Party, not allowing public servants the opportunity to freely move about and choose just because they disagree with policy of the administration currently in power.

HAHA I guess you have never fully read a contract. But ya feel free to continue to be ignorant. It’s all good.
Also just to shake up a few snowflakes, why would anyone allow an ogre into such a place

Is this a coherent post? I think it’s been clearly proven under DC public accommodation laws she was unjustly asked to leave. Not sure what contract you’re referring to, but I’d wager I’ve read way more contracts over my lifetime than you have/will.

Wow, body-shaming. Did your parents teach you that? Bet they’re so proud!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Colorado has an anti-discrimination law that included Sex and Gender, and the Bakery still "won" that case

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I'm not exactly a fan of Trump (While I have different reasons for disagreeing with him, I do not think he's a racist) but tbh I would love to have Sarah Sanders in my restaurant if I own one as long as she doesn't do anything disrespectful.
edit on 6/23/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Ok if you could prove that then yes. But that could never be proven. Hands down they win and she has something to use against all naysayers. Win win for her I say.

Just out of curiosity, you realize I am saying that the restaurant owners were WRONG to do this to Ms. Sanders ... right?

link   
Looks like a nice place.
It's a shame it's run by TDS idiots.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
But it is the right of the restaurant to do this, as they were not discriminating against a protected class.

I see no reason to point this out to begin with. A pregnant woman's best friend also has the right to seduce her fiance and ruin their relationship, and then talk the father into having no relationship with the baby, etc. Just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean it's ok.

link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: BlueJacket

Can't she just go to another restaurant? Just like those of you who said that gays can just go to another bakery. What's the problem?

Same as that gay couple who wanted the wedding cake?

I agree that a business can choose who they want to serve. However it should be "ALL" or none. NO special cases.
edit on 23-6-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: IAMTAT

They are getting destroyed on Yelp.

Since there is no protection in Virginia for source of income discrimination, I guess it's within the restaurant's rights to do what they did. So be it.

But I hope they catch enough economic hell for it.

I imagine after yelp, twitter and fb will follow. I like to think there are still enough rational folks on the left to realize how wrong this was. I also suspect I’m pissing in the wind by hoping that...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join