It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

By the time you needed my labs' services, you wouldn't be able to take your business anywhere else.

edit on 23-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

So you're ok with a burka ban?

I haven't given it a whole lot of thought actually but we can consider it right here if you're up to it.

First off, a "Burqa Ban" on its face would seem to be illegal because it targets a specific religious group. The law would need to be against face coverings that obscure the identity of the wearer, be it burqas, ski masks, clown masks, ninja masks, or whatever.

So then you have to weigh the benefits vs the harm. In other words, is there a significant public good that outweighs the infringement on both individual and religious liberties. Which turns out to be an even complex debate then it might seem.

For example, consider the rollout of facial recognition technology. A privacy advocate may reasonably argue that automated tracking of people using facial recognition is an egregious and dangerous violation of personal privacy.

On the other hand, the arguments for such a ban on facial coverings in public would include concerns for public safety. Namely, that masked people are for more difficult to identify, including by potential witnesses as well as surveillance systems (including security cameras not enabled with facial recognition).

You can keep going back and forth with this — what about costume masks? Is a guy in costume advertising a kid's restaurant not concealing his identity? What about masks for protective purposes? What about a mask that covers a face of somebody who is disfigured?

And how much face covering is permissible? What about scarves? What about a scarf worn with a hat that comes down past the hairline?

Is a non-burqa wearer any more or less concealed than a person wearing a knit cap, sunglasses and a scarf pulled up over their mouth/nose? Arguably not.

Should wearing scarves over one's mouth and nose on a cold, blustery day, be made illegal?

Then of course, you have to consider religious groups with members who cover their faces as part of their religious observations. If that's the only thing to be considered (which it's not), then it becomes a question of whether or not there is an exceptional good to the public which outweighs the rights of the religious folks.

If the ban is specifically against wearing burqas in public, then no. If it's a ban against wearing burqas in public because a lot of people don't like to see people wearing burqas, then it's doubly no.

If it's a ban against all face covering in public, then we'll talk about it.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

By the time you needed my labs' services, you wouldn't be able to take your business anywhere else.

So it's Butt Cream.

Gotcha!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

How convenient for you.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Convenient for big pharma.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
American hypocrisy runs riot yet again.

Applaud a bakery for refusing to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple, then get all worked up when a restaurant refuses to serve Trump’s press secretary.

Or

Get all worked up about a bakery refusing to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple, then applaud a restaurant for refusing to serve Trump’s press secretary.

You can’t make this crap up!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Oh and this is disgusting..

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

States rights? That thing called the Constitution?

Lmao. No. I should not be imprisoned by the government for smoking a #ing joint because I'm a grown ass man and I'm not hurting anyone. There's nothing in the Constitution that guarantees me that right but there doesn't have to be.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So if Sarah Sanders came in for your "lab's services" you would refuse her service?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

mobile.twitter.com...

Oh man that is truly disgusting.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

States rights? That thing called the Constitution?

Lmao. No. I should not be imprisoned by the government for smoking a #ing joint because I'm a grown ass man and I'm not hurting anyone. There's nothing in the Constitution that guarantees me that right but there doesn't have to be.

Something we can agree on. I leave it up to the states.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

What's it say? Posobiec blocked me a long time ago after I called him out on his bull#.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I can't stand Trump, and his admin, but this was a dumb thing to do.
#nothelping.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

What's it say? Posobiec blocked me a long time ago after I called him out on his bull#.

The replies to it are terrible.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Liars aren't a protective class. The owner had every right to ask her and her family to leave his establishment. Her and her family politely acquiescing and leaving without incident probably saved her and the restaurant another angry chanting mob ruining Sanders' and everyone else dinner.

Sarah Sanders should probably consider "take out" for awhile.
just like those "Mutie Freaks" huh? Check yourself

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

mobile.twitter.com...

Oh man that is truly disgusting.

So you're saying door bell ditch is disgusting? Just seems like actions have consequences. You reap what you sow.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

People are doing immature childish things in response to an immature and childish business. Making reservations and not showing up.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

American hypocrisy runs riot yet again.

Applaud a bakery for refusing to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple, then get all worked up when a restaurant refuses to serve Trump’s press secretary.

Or

Get all worked up about a bakery refusing to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple, then applaud a restaurant for refusing to serve Trump’s press secretary.

You can’t make this crap up!

Double Standard Much ? ......What's Fair Is Fair , Sue their Ahasses Off Sara !

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

The replies to it are terrible.

Much like the people that wanted the gay Baker to be shut down.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If she was also gay the news on this would get caught in an endless loop. That would be some real "spin".

edit:

Both a good and bad action as seen from either side. People's heads would either explode or figure out it's not always one sided.
edit on 6/23/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join