It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Is it "unhinged" to be critical — even fearful — of a demagogue who promotes irrational fear (and therefor hate) of groups with limited political power to increase his own?

Can one demagogue a demagogue? I don't believe so since a fear of actual demagoguery is rational. So you'd really have to be arguing that Trump isn't a demagogue.

The circles you put yourself through, Ante! I've come to believe that you have to go through such tortuous mental gymnastics because of your great intellect coupled with your equally great cognitive dissonance---so as to be able to maintain said cognitive dissonance. Maybe one day you'll catch it!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

I didn't take any "low road". I traveled the same road as the poster I was replying to. Then, everyone started to "low road" me personally, lol. I'm just playing the devils advocate here. If you call the restaurant owner a bigot for refusing Sanders service, I can call Sanders a bigot for her defense of bigoted policies.
edit on 23-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: Aazadan

These people need to be blacklisted.

Why is that, is it because only opinions like yours should be heard?

All this petty back and forth is going to lead to a whole lot of ugliness.

Careful what you wish for.

All opinions can be heard, that doesn't mean toxic ideologies need to be accepted by the public.

And the left have some of the worst, they are apparently so bad the rest of California wants to split and be separate from them.

You guys never take your own advice, and your hypocrisy is always so blatant, it would take a complete imbecile not to see it

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: IAMTAT
You've never discussed politics with friends over dinner in a restaurant?

No. I don't discuss politics in public.

It's a sure-fire way to get your face punched in. And don't ever, ever discuss politics with your family.

When I was a Democrat it was fine. Now that I'm more conserative libertarian, I keep my mouth shut in public. Funny, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So, people living their convictions is totally fine for the left? When Conservatives want to Make America Great Again, they're Nazis? Good to know.

People living their convictions is totally fine for the right? But, when progressives want to Make America Great Again, they're Nazis? Good to know. That's hyprocrisy.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Call the Local Office of the Health Department , that Restaurant is Infested with Cockroaches !

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Simple really. the right is once again being hypocrites.

Owner feels Huckabee is an immoral person, so they create a thread saying owner is wrong. Baker refuses to serve a gay couple and they create a thread about how wrong it is to make a person serve them based on religious moral beliefs.

Yep, nothing to see here but the usual hypocrisy from that side.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I didn't take any "low road". I traveled the same road as the poster I was replying to. Then, everyone started to "low road" me personally, lol. I'm just playing the devils advocate here. If you call the restaurant owner a bigot for refusing Sanders service, I can call Sanders a bigot for her defense of bigoted policies.

And you control the lives of 10 people. Have mercy on their souls. We're done here.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I notice you didn't answer my question.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 23-6-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: runawaylilone

Owner feels Huckabee is an immoral person, so they create a thread saying owner is wrong. Baker refuses to serve a gay couple and they create a thread about how wrong it is to make a person serve them based on religious moral beliefs.

how are we being hypocrites

Were not advocating the owner cant do as he wishes.

Were just pointing out the BS hypcoristy of the left

get a grip

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: runawaylilone

You do understand most of the critical thinker crowd sees both scenarios as wrong, right? A business is free to decide what and who they serve? The choice is on the consumer to decide if they want to patronize said business. Most if not all businesses wont survive too long when they bring politics into their mission statement.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

And I said she wouldn't. It's much easier for her to troll a website than to "stand behind her convictions".

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, this is interesting! Sarah Sanders might be out earlier than anticipated.

Walter Shaub

Verified account

@waltshaub
36m
36 minutes ago

More
There’s no ethics rule against Sarah Sanders fans being cartoonish hypocrites in defending merchants discriminating against gay people but howling when a merchant rejects a human rights violator based on her involvement in harming babies & children. Ridicule will have to suffice.

Walter Shaub

Verified account

@waltshaub
51m
51 minutes ago

More
Opening sentences of 5 CFR 2635.702 cover both; 702(a) gives example of coercion; 702(c) gives example of endorsement. Also 2635.101(b)(8) bars preferential treatment, with obvious corollary for singling out. She can lob attacks on her own time but not using her official position
Show this thread

Walter Shaub

Verified account

@waltshaub
57m
57 minutes ago

More
Sanders used her official govt account to condemn a private business for personal reasons. Seeks to coerce business by using her office to get public to pressure it. Violates endorsements ban too, which has an obvious corollary for discouraging patronage. Misuse reg covers both.

Walter Shaub

Verified account

@waltshaub
4h
4 hours ago

More
Walter Shaub Retweeted Sarah Sanders
Sarah, I know you don’t care even a tiny little bit about the ethics rules, but using your official account for this is a clear violation of 5 CFR 2635.702(a). It’s the same as if an ATF agent pulled out his badge when a restaurant tried to throw him/her out.

twitter.com...

edit on 23-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Isn't your question a violation of ATS T&Cs?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: runawaylilone

Well , Sara should Sue the Restaurant Owners Ass Off for that Public Affront , then Force those Freedom Hating Greasy Spoons to Bake Her a Cake with the Image of Jesus on it , then Make them Eat it In Front of Her ...........>0

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Yup. We agree on that.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

And now she wants to bring rules up. You seriously can't make this kind of stuff up.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Isn't your question a violation of ATS T&Cs?

Actually I read it and he isn't asking. He was asking if you were willing to publish info.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

" Civility Matters "

Tell it to the Liberal Mountain.............

Civility is a Two Way Street with Only One EXIT..........
edit on 23-6-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

It doesn't ask you to. It asks if you are *willing* to. That's a simple yes or no question.

And I think you understand the point it makes.
edit on 23-6-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join