It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You'll see this now, and at election time, a reminder of dem tactics.

link   
It's a place of public accomodation. Unless she was disrupting their business or causing a public heath nuisance ... this action is wrong in my book.

link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
If Republicans are as smart about getting elected as I think they are, these episodes could easily be turned into a brochure and mailed to every “...or current resident” in the US. Shouldn’t be too hard to demonstrate the rampant fascism of the Democratic Party, not allowing public servants the opportunity to freely move about and choose just because they disagree with policy of the administration currently in power.

HAHA I guess you have never fully read a contract. But ya feel free to continue to be ignorant. It’s all good.
Also just to shake up a few snowflakes, why would anyone allow an ogre into such a place

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

A place of “public accommodation” would mean that the government owns the property and no personal business operations are there. So you idea of how things works seems pretty wacked.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
LOL. So business's have to sale food to people they don't agree with ideologically, unless they are leftist and they don't agree with their ideology? The hypocrisy of this new "Democrat" party is quiet obvious, and has assured the destruction of the party.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
I was going to say I don't see a problem with it because it wasn't done under religious, sexual preference or racist reasonings but if the person didn't do anything wrong in the restaurant and they're getting kicked out for personal reasons (religious, sexual preference, racism being a personal reason) I don't know how to feel about this, it's kind of a grey area.

Just because it isn't legally actionable discrimination doesn't mean it's ok. There are all kinds of horrible, awful things that people do to other persons that aren't illegal.

link   
I am divided over this. On one side I think it was wrong that they kicked her out on the other hand at least they didn't spit in her food.

I guess it all depends on how far you go with comparing this Administration to dare I say Nazis, I mean in the past if a restaurant would have refused to serve Goebbels they would have been arrested for that decision so let's not go that far and compare this Administration to Nazis.

link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

A place of “public accommodation” would mean that the government owns the property and no personal business operations are there. So you idea of how things works seems pretty wacked.

That is not the meaning of public accomodation. You are mistaken.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Feel free to give the correct meaning then. If I am wrong I will say so. So a source would be nice or I can provide you with one if you prefer.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The owners of the Red Hen are Dumb Clucks.
www.redhenlex.com...

Comment section doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

edit on 23-6-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It's a place of public accomodation. Unless she was disrupting their business or causing a public heath nuisance ... this action is wrong in my book.

Morally, it is wrong. From a customer service standpoint it is wrong, as the other patrons had to bear witness to the uncomfortable situation of a party of 7 being asked to leave after showing no outwardly outrageous behavior. Anyone not recognizing Sanders would be bewildered at what they had seen.

But it is the right of the restaurant to do this, as they were not discriminating against a protected class.

That said, their actions speak for character. And Sanders extremely graceful statement on the matter speaks volumes for her character. Which is just how it is supposed to be.

link   

Feel free to give the correct meaning then. If I am wrong I will say so. So a source would be nice or I can provide you with one if you prefer.

Public accomodation refers to common carriers and restaurants, inns, hotels, theatres, etc. These are places that hold out to do business with the general public and are not a private club or subscription service.

The concept comes down to us through the English Common Law.

Wikipedia

link   
What would have been great would have been if the owner would have served her and then sat down with her for discussion and political debate.

And if you wasn't interested in a debate he could have just started blasting Mexican music on the radio

link   

Also before you answer make sure you know the area and the property owner of the restaurant. These things do matter with this issue.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sarah Sanders is the White House Press Secretary and she was "asked to leave" a restaurant because she works for Trump !!

The Democrats and anti-Trumpers are getting real nit-picky as more and more of their trash gets exposed.

And of course, many welcome the reactions because it always ends up adding (R) votes 😃

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant because she works for Trump

White House Press Secretary Sanders was thrown out of a Virginia restaurant on Friday because she works for President Trump -- the latest Trump official to be hounded out of a restaurant because of their political affiliation.

TMZ reported that she was kicked out of the restaurant -- The Red Hen in Lexington, Virginia -- on “moral grounds” and cited a waiter who said that Sanders was served “for a total of two minutes before my owner kicked her out along with seven of her other family members.”

Sanders confirmed the events on Twitter, saying she was told to leave by the owner because she worked for the president.

💥As 💥The💥Sun💥Burns💥

Hope none of his food suppliers are Trump fans....I could see his suppliers cutting his supply and his restaurant crumbling.

There is always a bigger player and when you make a politically charged "statement" you should be prepared for those bigger players to show their influence.

Not to mention those in charge of inspections and whatever else.

This guy likely just opened his world to much more hurt. He was probably thinking of the profit in the story getting out and bringing more of his minded people in. Trouble with most of these kinds of folks is they dont look at the bigger picture.

More people of the same mindset coming in wont matter if there is no food or restaurant to serve them....

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: xuenchen

i would sue the bejesus out of that restaurant if i were she.

Exactly. The owner of that restaurant should be forced to make Sanders dinner under penalty of law. If you own a business, you MUST do business with anyone and everyone, regardless of what you think of their behavior or morals.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

All of this hate from the party of love and inclusion? Say it ain't so... SMH

What is your party for Hate and exclusion?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It exposes the hateful and the bigots.

LOL...Like they've been hiding!

Sure they have. I bet this owner thinks he is morally-superior to Sanders, and I wager he wears his anti-Trumpism as a cloak for the purpose of virtue-signalling. But his actions prove otherwise. He's a hateful bigot.

Just about everyone is morally superior to Aunt Lydia, AKA Sarah Sanders Huckabee. She's a hateful bigot, her anti-American and anti-Christian actions prove it. She virtue signals for a living, citing biblical justification for 6th century walls and archaic social policy.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Don't you all support this in the name of "Private Businesses can serve who they want"

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Sure can and Im sure she did, but there sure isnt any moral high ground that too many folks are readily claiming.

Btw the baker had no issues in serving the entire community, even ones he disagreed with morally.

He didnt refuse anything other than embarking on a creative project his religion didnt allow for.

Im not an organized religious person, but I will always support each persons will to practice theirs according to their faith.

These restaurant owners were bigoted fools and small minded, but sure I leave room for them to make their choices. I wont eat there.
edit on 23-6-2018 by BlueJacket because: sp

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join