It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

And that is why my partners and I have decided that our medevac helicopter company will not transport Trump supporters. Our sincere religious belief is that Trump supporters are unChristian bigots whose lifestyle, which includes voting for racist pigs, is offensive.

Baking a cake for a gay couple and saving lives are two entirely different services to humanity. Your post shows me who has the callous bigotted heart. You really need to consider another line of work.

edit on 23-6-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
Word.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
actually, I am more concerned with the pregnant miscarrying women who are left to suffer in religious oriented hospitals because of "religious beliefs" when there is a medical option to alleviate their suffering.
now if the doctor or nurse was working in a secular hospital, under most circumstances, they would have the option to opt not to abort the doomed fetus to alleviate the women's suffering... they would be allowed to follow their conscious.
their belief trumps that of their employer...
but, if the doctor working in a religious oriented hospital feels just as strongly that it's morally wrong to not intervene and leave the women suffering and risk her live... then the hospital's belief trumps the doctor's.
obviously, the laws aren't neutral like they are supposed to be when it comes to protecting people's deeply held beliefs!
so, if the christian baker doesn't have to sell a wedding cake to a gay couple, should muslim grocer be able to refuse to sell to women unless their head is covered?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: DieGloke

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

Keep it up leftist douche bags!

Only a matter of time before a lot of folks going to restaurants start wondering if the chef spit in their food because of their political beliefs.

Do you regularly go into restaurant's announcing your political view publicly?

All it takes is for one server to overhear a political comment made at the table , and the rest of the servers and kitchen staff can know within a few minutes.

Yup. Ann Coulter came into my work. Within seconds the entire staff knew and we're already talking about spit in food and tainting her drinks.

Seen the movie, "Waiting"? That's why you don't piss off the workers at restaurants. But it's very unfortunate that Ann Coulter is known for his hatred so I'm sure she constantly worry at eating at restaurants.

Truth is, if more people were like you and sublime (yup, just read your jovial back and forth) there would be no fear of spit and tainted drinks. Idiots ruining civil disagreements.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

MEH. She sticks to CHICK FIL A.

Safe haven for her types.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: queenofswords

The First Amendment is not intended to give religious people their own set of special powers that allow them to trample the rights of others and claim a religious right to do so.

First Amendment protections of religion are intended to preserve the individual's ability to practice or NOT practice the religion of that person's choice. And those protections evaporate fairly quickly if the actions of the religious person interfere with the rights of others.

Do you honestly believe that religious people have extra rights?

I didn't say that, so no, I don't think religious people have "extra" rights. I know exactly what the First Amendment protects.

In the case of the bakers, the ruling was simply about the hostility shown by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission toward the baker based on the baker's religious beliefs. It was a narrow ruling and the issue is not over yet.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: rollanotherone

I'd hump her leg like a basset hound.

Dibs on the other leg!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Absurt discussion.

Non violent disagreements should not interfer with eating

Or drinking.

Period.

Idiots, enjoy life.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: RowanBean

MEH. She sticks to CHICK FIL A.

Safe haven for her types.

So you prefer political segregation? That would be pretty boring.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You truly are sick.

Why aren't you saying that to the posters whose exact words were used to describe the restaurant owner first? Or, do you think it's okay to use the exact same vernacular, that I used to describe Sarah Sanders and Kristjen Nielson, to describe the restaurant owner?

All I did was take the posters' exact words, used to rebuke the restaurant owner, and used them to rebuke Sanders and Nielson. Why the blind hypocrisy?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well, that explains the unhinged approach to the Trumps and those who work for him. Classic control.

Is it "unhinged" to be critical — even fearful — of a demagogue who promotes irrational fear (and therefor hate) of groups with limited political power to increase his own?

Can one demagogue a demagogue? I don't believe so since a fear of actual demagoguery is rational. So you'd really have to be arguing that Trump isn't a demagogue.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Do you understand the difference in First Amendment issues compared to "deeply held moral beliefs"? PhD? Pardon me if I highly doubt that claim...just sayin'.

I think you're the one who's out of touch deary, just sayin..."deeply held beliefs" is the "new" religion.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

You truly are sick.

Why aren't you saying that to the posters whose exact words were used to describe the restaurant owner first? Or, do you think it's okay to use the exact same vernacular, that I used to describe Sarah Sanders and Kristjen Nielson, to describe the restaurant owner?

All I did was take the posters' exact words, used to rebuke the restaurant owner, and used them to rebuke Sanders and Nielson. Why the blind hypocrisy?

So, a situation that affects you not in the least, is enough for you to take the low road and stoop to the level of those you deem "deplorable"? Jesus, and you said you have how many employees under your control?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Do you understand the difference in First Amendment issues compared to "deeply held moral beliefs"? PhD? Pardon me if I highly doubt that claim...just sayin'.

I think you're the one who's out of touch deary, just sayin..."deeply held beliefs" is the "new" religion.

Much like gender is a social construct? Like climate change is going to kill us all? You keep speaking of hypocrisy. I'll repeat myself. Pot kettle. You should meet.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

No you made a scenario up where conservatives get mobbed by the screaming idiot masses for merely being who they are.

No I didn't. That scenario actually happened. Although the restaurant owner didn't expel Sanders for that fear, he could have expected something similar to have happened in his own establishment if Sanders stayed.

As I understand it...the owner/manager first questioned the employees as to whether or not Sanders and her family should be jack-booted out.

Who decides to take a poll of others...before acting upon their own personal and deeply-held moral beliefs?

Yep. I just read that. She actually polled her employees what they wanted to do. But, her initial comment to the press was "deeply held moral beliefs". Maybe they all shared the same moral beliefs.

“I’m not a huge fan of confrontation,” Wilkinson said. “I have a business, and I want the business to thrive. This feels like the moment in our democracy when people have to make uncomfortable actions and decisions to uphold their morals.”
Wilkinson explained that she queried her employees about what to do, knowing several employees were gay and all the staff had all watched the press secretary evade questions while defending Trump’s border separation policy.

“Tell me what you want me to do. I can ask her to leave,” she told her employees. “They said yes.”

The owner politely asked Sanders to step out on the patio “for a word.”

“I was babbling a little, but I got my point across in a polite and direct fashion,” Wilkinson said. “I explained that the restaurant has certain standards that I feel it has to uphold, such as honesty, and compassion, and cooperation.”

After explaining her reasoning, she said, “I’d like to ask you to leave.”

Sanders stepped back inside to collect her belongings, then left the establishment, later complaining about her ejection on Twitter.

“We just felt there are moments in time when people need to live their convictions,” the owner explained. “This appeared to be one.”

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: Aazadan

These people need to be blacklisted.

Why is that, is it because only opinions like yours should be heard?

All this petty back and forth is going to lead to a whole lot of ugliness.

Careful what you wish for.

All opinions can be heard, that doesn't mean toxic ideologies need to be accepted by the public.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So, people living their convictions is totally fine for the left? When Conservatives want to Make America Great Again, they're Nazis? Good to know.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You've never discussed politics with friends over dinner in a restaurant?

No. I don't discuss politics in public.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Why not?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

It's a sure-fire way to get your face punched in. And don't ever, ever discuss politics with your family.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join