It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The bakery did not win the lawsuit, the Supreme Court rejected the case and sent it back to the state

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: xuenchen

Liars aren't a protective class. The owner had every right to ask her and her family to leave his establishment. Her and her family politely acquiescing and leaving without incident probably saved her and the restaurant another angry chanting mob ruining Sanders' and everyone else dinner.

Sarah Sanders should probably consider "take out" for awhile.

So you're saying that her family is guilt by association? She's the one who works for Trump, not her kids.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's refreshing to see some level headed responses in here, what saddens me the most is how a lot of you let the media win.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
SHS should sue the restaurant owner for refusing her service.

I agree with you there. The restaurant owner was in the wrong legally but I still support it socially. These people need to be blacklisted.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This really makes me want to put on my MAGA hat and start to eat out every night.
This is a good way to expose the hate.

lol... My dad just recently got abused by some bloke, for wearing a MAGA t-shirt he brought as a souvenir, well on holiday in Hawaii.

Which, btw, brings up an important point... Americans take their politics way to seriously.

Then keeping that in mind, you can kind of understand why a restaurant owner might not want such a high ranking right-wing political figure in his establishment... Seeing as the restaurant seems to be catering more to the yuppie environmentally conscience types... Sanders presence was probably just bad for business.

Love how you started you post with "LOL" before bringing up your father. How would you feel if your father was murdered for wearing his MAGA T shirt???? Bet you politically biased response wouldn't be so flippant?

But that wasn't the case... So its completely irrelevant.
edit on 23-6-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

These people need to be blacklisted.

Why is that, is it because only opinions like yours should be heard?

All this petty back and forth is going to lead to a whole lot of ugliness.

Careful what you wish for.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm going the other direction here. I think that both the baker and the restaurant owner violated what amounts to a fundamental civil liberty to participate in commerce that supersedes either the religious freedoms or freedom of association considerations.

It's a question of public accomodation. Period. Protected class or not shouldn't matter.

Mrs. Sanders is a human being and a citizen of the United States. Under the Fourteenth Amendment, in a public place, she should be able to do business. As you say though, it's just a matter of common human decency.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This really makes me want to put on my MAGA hat and start to eat out every night.
This is a good way to expose the hate.

lol... My dad just recently got abused by some bloke, for wearing a MAGA t-shirt he brought as a souvenir, well on holiday in Hawaii.

Which, btw, brings up an important point... Americans take their politics way to seriously.

Then keeping that in mind, you can kind of understand why a restaurant owner might not want such a high ranking right-wing political figure in his establishment... Seeing as the restaurant seems to be catering more to the yuppie environmentally conscience types... Sanders presence was probably just bad for business.

Love how you started you post with "LOL" before bringing up your father. How would you feel if your father was murdered for wearing his MAGA T shirt???? Bet you politically biased response wouldn't be so flippant?

But that wasn't the case... So its completely irrelevant.

Of course. Your father wasn't killed nor harmed. But isn't it a God damned shame the people you prop up have gone so ballistic that people have to actually think about the attire they wear before they go out in public???

Reminds me of the young women in the EU who are being told to dress appropriatly when going out and to always be with people so as not to get raped or worse......

edit on 23-6-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I agree with you there. The restaurant owner was in the wrong legally but I still support it socially. These people need to be blacklisted.

We need to blacklist this guy too right?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I think they all need to forget about decent Mexican food for a while, unless they want to develop a taste for drive-thru's.

and even then maybe wear a fake beard or something. (sneezy-taco prevention)

Shame!
Shame!
Shame!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

What's wrong with what he said? I agree. He never said a word about 'zero tolerance".

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

Keep it up leftist douche bags!

Only a matter of time before a lot of folks going to restaurants start wondering if the chef spit in their food because of their political beliefs.

Do you regularly go into restaurant's announcing your political view publicly?

You've never discussed politics with friends over dinner in a restaurant?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The opposite for me, legally they are able, but it's a toxic thing for America.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You know what? I would love to see Sarah wear an "I Don't Really Care, Do U?" jacket to her next WH presser. What can you do with lefties that are half blind and incapable of grasping more than two connections at a time. The majority of Americans sit quietly back (for now) and laugh at the idiots in the msm and these socially-offended fools.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I think they all need to forget about decent Mexican food for a while, unless they want to develop a taste for drive-thru's.

and even then maybe wear a fake beard or something. (sneezy-taco prevention)

Shame!
Shame!
Shame!

Be careful about deliveries though.

They will log your address !!

🔑🔓

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

From advocating a civil war to endorsing the restriction of free speech of anyone who holds a different perspective. You are certainly on a roll today. Wonder if you'd be this straight to the people's face you hate.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The amount of political bickering on this site, and in general, has become disgusting. In the past the Right were cheering on laws that would have allowed paramedics to deny life saving treatment to homosexuals.

Meanwhile the Left stated that no one should be denied service.

And now both sides have flipped positions and acting like the past never happened.

F***ing hypocrites!

It's also sad that you all are willing to argue over the most banal # because you can score political points. Threads about people not being able to enjoy their dinner or what Melania wore draw massive attention. Meanwhile threads dedicated to child abuse committed by the government languished in obscurity.

Why? Because there's clear sides when it comes to Melania's jacket. Not so much when it comes to a systemic issue of child abuse that both sides are responsible for.

Both sides act like they're just doing what's best for the country. But their actual goal is to do anything that makes the other side look worse. And you're all buying into it.

There's a reason the Founding Fathers warned against political parties and we're seeing that play out today.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Wonder if you'd be this straight to the people's face you hate.

Of course he wouldn't. They slink around in the shadows or form a gang of like-minded haters and attack someone at a restaurant trying to enjoy a quiet meal with family or friends.

They hate America. They want to fundamentally transform our nation into what they are....weak and dumb.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The owner has every right to serve or not serve any customer he wants.

Having said that though it's sad to see bigotry at the same level as when the Democratic Party was home to the KKK return. What goes around, comes around. Not to leave the Republican Party out of this, the venom is just as bad with them.

All those years of progress out the window because our elected officials will do anything to win, even turn the country into a hate fest. Both parties are now filled with bigots they created on purpose. They know people have a narrow focus and will be easily manipulated. To hell with both parties and their campaigns of hate. We have no one but ourselves to blame though. We let them do this to us.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The owners of the Red Hen are Dumb Clucks.
www.redhenlex.com...

Comment section doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Dumb clucks is right
. I wonder how long it took them to change their phone #.

She didn’t deserve that, she’s an intelligent classy lady. Their loss!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join