It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: “I think we’re at the beginning of a soft civil war.”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Dude. That's what I realized recently.

All my bluster, logical argumentation, screaming, cajolling, etc. hasn't changed the mind of even one person.

If I concentrate on me myself and I ... I can make myself reasonably happy ... and probably not irritate others as much, LOL.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

All my bluster, logical argumentation, screaming, cajolling, etc. hasn't changed the mind of even one person.

If I concentrate on me myself and I ... I can make myself reasonably happy ... and probably not irritate others as much, LOL.

My interactions and activities online are about me. Its about me playing with ideas, fleshing out my thoughts, learning new things...its all 100% about me.

If others resonate with me, great. If not, great. So long as my own personal goals are my focus.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Art project for you: reimagine the Purple Heart as a teardrop for those hurt in the Coming Uncivil War.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I don't know I've been in some conversations on here recently that made me change my view. It happens along as people take the time to make valid arguments i instead of just trying to make political scores.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Good point.

What would you say the percentage of arguments that are based on diametrically opposed sides insulting each other change your mind on the issue?

Even logical argumentation does not dissuade someone coming from an extremist point of view.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Dems can't win at the voting booths so they want to cry civil war.....that is not how the Constitution is set up.

Any rebellion will be squashed. If they like the Civil War analogy, the US Constitution backing North won, and the South was razed to the ground in Sherman's march.

Trump has already invaded the Blue pocket plantations with record breaking employment for minorities, the battle is over before they had time to crayon their feelings in safe spaces and hug closets across the land.

Democrats outnumber Republicans in votes.

Yet, Republicans control all aspects of government.

What do you suppose has happened?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

More people are being pushed to the center. And they look for a candidate closest to what they believe. For example in California independents have become the second largest group. And as such they will go with the least crazy of the two candidates

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

What does that say about Republican candidates?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What does that say about any and all political candidates? IN my book, they're all core authoritarian psychopaths.

What was it Groucho said: "I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member?"

(Or was that WC Fields?)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Dems can't win at the voting booths so they want to cry civil war.....that is not how the Constitution is set up.

Any rebellion will be squashed. If they like the Civil War analogy, the US Constitution backing North won, and the South was razed to the ground in Sherman's march.

Trump has already invaded the Blue pocket plantations with record breaking employment for minorities, the battle is over before they had time to crayon their feelings in safe spaces and hug closets across the land.

A Constitutional Republic has functioned the way it is supposed to.

There is no mob rules democracy.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

A Constitutional Republic has functioned the way it is supposed to.

There is no mob rules democracy.

I will point this out here, too:

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Greven

Can't come up with a valid answer.

phfffft

😎

That you do not like the facts do not make them fake.

Pennsylvania is fun... if you look at its 18 districts, which will be redistricted by court-order due to how gerrymandered they are, you come up with this:

Total votes across districts in 2016:
Democrat 2,625,157
Republican 3,096,576

It might have been closer, but two of the district races were unopposed
District 3 (244,893 Republican votes, 0 Democrat votes)
District 18 (293,684 Republican votes, 0 Democrat votes)

For example of how bad they've packed some, check out these two:
1st District
2nd District

There are 18 districts - 18 House of Representatives seats - and 12 are Republicans.

This is a success of a Constitutional Republic?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The conflation of the Republican Party with republican government needs to stop.

Also, the conflation of democracy with the Democratic party needs to stop.

It's just dishonest.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: carewemust

It began on November 9, 2016.

The toxic culture that needs to be eliminated began far earlier than that, it goes back to our nations founding.

It just wasn't until recently that they gained enough power that other fixes stopped being viable. Even when the blue wave hits, that will just reset things, the potential is always going to be there until we cure the cancer.

And what "cancer" is that?

All of you morons calling for civil war can BTFO. You are IGNORANT to the absolute HORROR a true civil war would entail.

Leftists don't actually care about people, but their own feelings.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Locally, because cities are small in total area.

Nationally, because we have States.

Popular vote means NOTHING.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: DanteGaland

Stop supplying sex change literature and abortion pills to the liberals, that'll get you guys in a real tizzy.

Screeches: "MY RITE TO CHOOCHOOOCHOOOOS!"

Pathetic leftists.

Reading your posts especially ones like this quoted one above, make it easier to understand why you want an armored vehicle ...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I don't know I've been in some conversations on here recently that made me change my view. It happens along as people take the time to make valid arguments i instead of just trying to make political scores.

This.

But, I need to see arguments that I haven't already seen before. Most of the time, they're things I've already seen from another source, so I've already mulled them over and either adjusted my own mind or accepted/rejected as appropriate for me. So at that point, I either don't go there or what you get are my reasons why I've rejected or not fully accepted or even accepted a thing.

I'm not here to necessarily change minds. I'm here to discuss and occasionally see something new that might make me think about things differently.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Problem with your thought process, Democrats are badly outnumbered by Independent and unaffiliated voters as are republicans. In fact its gotten so bad nearly 50% of voters are unaffiliated, or independent, if you add third party to this block democrats and republicans combined are outnumbered.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Please see my post following that one, above.

Gerrymandering by the majority party has congregated the opposing party's vote where possible, in order to split up the opposing party's vote everywhere else, such as in Pennsylvania. Party registration didn't matter there.
edit on 17Sun, 24 Jun 2018 17:59:05 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
ON the would be impending civil war in the US. I am at lost at any of you defending Trump and his over the top insanely. BUT as an American no manner how distasteful Trump supporters opinion and remarks are, they are allowed. IT does not mean the out and out lies should trump trues. AND sadly Realize that there are those who believe the same falsehood and refuse to accept reality or the truth.

That said no one has to accept my opinions blindly as facts.

OUR society is currently very divided that is very true. I happen to agree it is so divided something will happen. I find it exceptionally difficult that anyone who is not a multi billionaire would ever consider voting republican. I believe without a doubt that anyone who does is a work class moron. However on the flip side the Democrats are NOT the saints they pretend very badly to be.

SO expect mind blogging record number of new democrat voters and a massive victory for Democrats in upcoming election across the board. That is in reality. I had given up believing the votes are actually counted. The Shadow Government has for a LONG time rigged our elections.

SO if in reality democrats win in the midterms. EXPECT it reported as super close. The Shadow Government may allow a one lead by democrats in the senate and or congress. It is unlikely that Shadow Government will allow the Democrats to in both.

NO true liberals will be allowed into office by the Shadow Government.

The ONLY way a shooting civil war might start. IS if Trump suspends the elections, and or reverses election results. ORDER the arrests of Bill and or Hilary Clinton and or Obama. The democrat are at least pretending to tier supporters that they can not impeach Trump till they have won in enough seats in 2018. EVEN if the shadow Government allows the democrats to have enough seats to impeach. The Democrats are so ball-less they will refuse to do so.

Mueller will conclude that Trump knowingly committed treason but will refused to indict.

There may be riots in the street all across America. Trump will not resign. Everyone has to accept that. The US Government in order to restore ORDER will have to take very aggressive steps.

UNLESS someone in the Whitehouse puts gun to the Cheeto's head and pulls the trigger. The Cheeto will continue to cause harm to our nation. Trump is not resigning on his own.

I can not imagine any type of real terrorist bombing campaign. For one the Cheeto is too well protected. IF the bombing take places at malls or other public places then claimed to by some unknown liberal group. Then you know it was really by Trump supporters in the government. AS why would you bomb your own supporters? So that type of terrorist campaign would basically be a false flag.

The ONLY way I see a real shooting civil war is if Trump later orders the arrest of senior generals and military officers at any of the major bases. In worst case scenarios that lead massive shootout between soldiers on base. If the ultra left wing radicals win expect massive arrest. IF on one for more base then serving force is deem to liberal supporters and other base commanders join it. BUT this is NOT a north south or east west thing. It will be beyond ugly.

As a nation this SHOULD be the last thing we want. a shooting civil war will cause massive destruction. YES food shortages and other horrors. It will weaken America to point our enemies will strong consider taking advantage of the weakness.

SO expect Trump to aware and not hold back. Expect the democrats to cave in.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join