It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: “I think we’re at the beginning of a soft civil war.”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The civil war was started by the south. If there’s another one it will be started by the bigots with the same mentality that started the civil war.
And they were not leftists

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The civil war was started by the south. If there’s another one it will be started by the bigots with the same mentality that started the civil war.

Unlikely. It is the left/libs/democrats that think it’s okay to tell others how to live, tell others they can’t eat in public restaurants, what schools they have to send their kids to, etc. It will, by far, be the fascists on the left that light the fuse.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Unlikely. It is the left/libs/democrats that think it’s okay to tell others how to live, tell others they can’t eat in public restaurants, what schools they have to send their kids to, etc. It will, by far, be the fascists on the left that light the fuse.

On the opposite side of that coin, you have conservatives telling people to live by biblical code, who they can or can't marry, how they should act as a male/female, what they can or cannot do with their reproductive organs, why science should take a backseat in secular schooling, etc.

BOTH are full of unapologetic control freaks of equal disdain. But I personally find the conservatives more insidious & threatening in the long run. This is not a theocratic country, nor should it ever become one.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Hate to burst your bubble. But you'd lose that fight...

I don't think so. Supply chains suggest that the far right, which is a mostly rural group, would run out of equipment and lose to attrition. They also control very few ports, have broken most political alliances, have no manufacturing base, vastly inferior technical skills, and the weakest infrastructure.

A handful of bombs to take out key bridges would completely isolate them.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Stop supplying insulin to the South.

Civil war OVER.

Diabetes: the South's biggest weakness.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Why would there be a civil war between imagined political parties?

That is nonsense.

It would be more like politicians drug into the streets now that everyone can see they aren't our friends at the blazing speed of the internet.

That will happen before people turn on their own neighbors.

Why do you think they are pushing for a civil war?.

Pushing for internet control?.

They would be smarter to back off the tax scam bs.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Meanwhile in Syria......

USA Civil war = Crying whinging liberals acting as keyboard warriors in mommy basement verse Dimwitted trumptards that are all macho talk and no action.

The only causality will be triggered feelings.
edit on 24-6-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro

originally posted by: DAVID64

"What Democratic Rage Would Look Like"

Same way it looked the last time.

Always laugh my #ss off when I see this pic. It captures the entirety of the left in a single moment.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Stop supplying insulin to the South.

Civil war OVER.

Diabetes: the South's biggest weakness.

I dunno I think they have a formidable tank force.....

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

You've cherry-picked your source in an extraordinary way ... you left out some of the "best" parts.

Did you miss:

Law professor and blogger Orin Kerr, perhaps sensing the ugly turn in the air, tweeted: "Few things are more corrosive in politics than the conviction that you have been wronged so much that you're justified in breaking all the rules to get even." For years, Republicans have led the way in breaking rules — from taking the national debt hostage to usurping a Supreme Court seat. In a 2016 poll, almost three-quarters of Trump supporters, a group marked by grievances, agreed that the country needed a leader who would "break some rules," as did 57 percent of Republicans overall. Only 41 percent of Democrats agreed.

Not to mention ...

Democrats won't give up on democracy. It's too central to their identity, and their commitment to democratic norms and processes is also their point of greatest contrast with Trumpism. Instead, Democrats will give up on conservatives. They will give up on Alabama and Mississippi, on Kansas and Nebraska. They will explore ways to divorce their culture, politics and economy from Trumpism and from their fellow Americans who support it.

I don't know exactly what that would look like. But liberals have a great deal of cultural, academic and economic heft, stretching from Hollywood to Harvard. Just this week, some Hollywood powerhouses flirted with leveraging their clout against the Trumpist Fox News. There are endless variations on such a power play. If Democrats opt to use their power more aggressively — breaking rules —Schaller's soft civil war hardly seems unlikely.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

We are already at civil war. The democrats placed their people in key judge positions, the DOJ, FBI and probably a few places we haven't discovered yet. They are resisting the President at almost every turn, legislating from the bench and generally causing problems.

The violence hasn't started yet but I agree after the mid-terms the chance will increase dramatically.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

We are already at civil war. The democrats placed their people in key judge positions, the DOJ, FBI and probably a few places we haven't discovered yet. They are resisting the President at almost every turn, legislating from the bench and generally causing problems.

The violence hasn't started yet but I agree after the mid-terms the chance will increase dramatically.

LOL ... and the Republicans stole a Supreme Court seat and are currently stacking the judiciary to a degree unseen in the last five presidencies.

Bloomburg

If there is violence, it will be propagated from both extremist sides toward the majority in the middle.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Stop supplying sex change literature and abortion pills to the liberals, that'll get you guys in a real tizzy.

Screeches: "MY RITE TO CHOOCHOOOCHOOOOS!"

Pathetic leftists.
edit on 6/24/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

And we're working on taking at least 1 more SCOTUS seat too. If nothing else, our majority in that court will cement Constitutional Republicanism for another generation at least.

Fortunately, unlike the repressive and destructive left, we won't impose our will on the rest of you through violence OR legislation. Imposing the libertarian laws of "Non-aggression" "voluntary association" and a "night watchman state" will ensure all people live HOW they want to live, without interference from others

This means you can freely have abortions, or not... up to you. Not the State.
This means you can freely exercise your free speech/press however you want... up to you. Not up to the State.
This means you can own whatever and as many weapons as you want... up to you. Not the State.
This means you are responsible for yourself and your own success... it is up to you. Not anyone else or the State.

Libertarianism can save this country from splitting up.

...or we could toss in the chips now and accept the fact that all sides are simply irreconcilable and follow something similar to California's proposed model of splitting off into separate nation-states. This is fine with me as well.

One thing I'll never accept is someone else's will being imposed on me. Just as you (and yours) should refuse to accept this. I won't give up my firearms or free speech for any reason, nor should I. Just as you shouldn't give up the things you care about.

We're just too different. Different cultures. Different identities. Different ideas of what being an American is all about.

So splitting up peacefully seems to be the best solution at this juncture. But the idea that we could ever have a functional government again after this bull# is laughable. Equally laughable is the belief that somehow the division in this country could ever be healed.

It can't be, and won't be. Now the only thing left is to get out the popcorn and watch the inevitable slide toward dissolution.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

IF we're cementing Constitutional Republicanism ... I'd be all for it.

If we're just inserting another round of life-tenured partisan hacks ... I'm not.

Keep talking the "let people live" stuff though. That's the secret. Not the DnR puppetshow.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I agree Gryphon, but how much do you trust establishment Republicans? Probably not ANY MORE than I do!

If we're just inserting another round of life-tenured partisan hacks ... I'm not.

Sadly, I think that is all we have left... for the most part :

Keep talking the "let people live" stuff though. That's the secret.

I agree...but how do we convince millions of others this is the way forward?

Non-aggression and non-interference can work. People have got to stop abusing our legal system to legislate away the things they don't personally like/agree with. This includes things like abortion, firearms, free speech ("hate speech") and other issues

For some reason, people believe that their opinions and beliefs should be codified in law and forced on everyone else under threat of State violence. Totally unacceptable!

(wish I could give your post more than 1 star)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

We don't and can't convince millions. That's Their game.

We can only take care of each of us ourselves.

Trust me, I know and understand and can let the anger and hate and disgust flow through me ... and have.

I've been in a process of realization for about a decade about politics, the same way I was about religion in the previous decade of my life.

I've let the extremist media (and entertainment industry) corrupt my common sense and values for too long.

I'm going to trim my own sails, and keep anyone who would distract me off my damn boat, LOL.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Kalifornia is all ready trying to vote on splitting up it's state as well as secession. So yes, the demonic damnocrates want to destroy America, and I am sorry to say, it's coming.
Best to prepare.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Kalifornia is all ready trying to vote on splitting up it's state as well as secession. So yes, the demonic damnocrates want to destroy America, and I am sorry to say, it's coming.
Best to prepare.

You got one thing right ... transformation is coming.

By the way, kudos on the Demonic Democrats thing ... that's catchy at least.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Yea no doubt about that! Unfortunately those with the platform to reach millions are using them to stoke division (and frankly hatred) instead of using them to push non-interference and non-aggression 😢

Trust me, I know and understand and can let the anger and hate and disgust flow through me ... and have.

Me to sadly, it seems the polarization is designed to draw us in and perpetuate itself

I've let the extremist media (and entertainment industry) corrupt my common sense and values for too long.

I'm going to trim my own sails, and keep anyone who would distract me off my damn boat, LOL.

Sounds like you got the right idea then! Great advice, and much less stressful than this stuff

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join