It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: “I think we’re at the beginning of a soft civil war.”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: infolurker

Is there any hope for a peaceful solution?

For instance, California's effort to separate into 3 states could mirror other efforts. The libertarian principles of non-aggression, voluntary association and private property could all be leveraged to solve this crisis peacefully

Self-governing autonomous regions with a 'Night watchman' state would be a solution

The lack of ability to impose group A's will on group B (and vice versa) is all it would take to end the current crisis

Who knows.... why chance it. Civil disruption that impacts the supply chain will cause massive food shortages.

This issue is just one of many possible issues. I still do not understand why people will not spend a couple hundred bucks to have food security for months. Consider it Food Insurance.

Why chance it?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

............yes? and?
Did you have a point?
Or was that just drive by deflection?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

............yes? and?
Did you have a point?
Or was that just drive by deflection?

I think he just wanted to publicly display his ability to spell Syria...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

In the ACW #1, I think it was "Uncle Billy" Sherman who alone realized what was really coming down the pike. Bloomberg is full of it. This is an incipient Civil War about to break out. Think of this as the smoke pouring out of a wall vent in your house which motivates you to call the Fire Dep't.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

"What Democratic Rage Would Look Like"

Same way it looked the last time.

Always laugh my #ss off when I see this pic. It captures the entirety of the left in a single moment.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Alea iacta est

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Bongino is very partisan but I have a tendency to agree with most of what he says and I think he's right

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I believe there are many people hoping for society to break down with the belief it will benefit them.

It won't benefit many, if any. Maybe a few future war lords.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that this division is the new face of conflict. Sure, social and political butting of heads isn't new, but the MindWar is real and we were even told about it right here on ATS.

Not the absolute worst concept in history, in my opinion, but when it leads to physical conflict instead of avoiding it... it compounds the issues with a totally mind$%&*ed population.

That said, I think one of the better results would be the dissolution of the current statist incarnation of the left. Some may find the current situation there humorous, but I find it deeply, deeply troubling.

Some may look forward to such a conflict in some way or another, but I think that if it does happen, the reality will be no ones cup of tea.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Do you have a source for your 80% of children are sent unaccompanied quote. This is a feeling I have been having but it doesn't mean we still can't have compassion. I think a large number of the kids are being sent for by their parents they're already here that have saved enough money to have their kids join them now the other another big percentages of older teenagers willing to make the track themselves to meet relatives or to try and make a life for themselves over here.

Now I'm not saying open up the floodgates and let them all in, definitely not, we must regain control of our borders and immigration policies so we don't have this humanitarian crisis at our front door.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You are as bad as the left you have called for a purge before.
You are stoking division falling for the elites plans.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Double.
edit on 23-6-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ditto.

But then I'd feel bad about thinking in such extremes.

Hope I don't later feel bad about being so naive.

Crazy times.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler
a reply to: Lab4Us

In the ACW #1, I think it was "Uncle Billy" Sherman who alone realized what was really coming down the pike. Bloomberg is full of it. This is an incipient Civil War about to break out. Think of this as the smoke pouring out of a wall vent in your house which motivates you to call the Fire Dep't.

Concur with your sentiment, both on Bloomberg and where there’s smoke, there’s likely fire. Unfortunately there is no fire dept to call in this case. I’m sure there are millions loyal to the Republic/US Constitution, however the disorganization would be an immense obstacle to overcome. Most who daily CC have never even fired their weapon(s) outside of the CC requirement qualification, if there even was one in their state (assuming they are law abiding citizens or not in a right to carry state). The ranges I use weekly in my city of 120k are never busy, so it’s pretty evident there’s not a lot of folks who actually practice hitting what they’re shooting at...though I do like the ease of access to the range! Shrug. I don't lose sleep over US affairs and I am confident in my ability to protect my family.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Interesting article; I particularly liked this bit!

Democrats won't give up on democracy. It's too central to their identity, and their commitment to democratic norms and processes is also their point of greatest contrast with Trumpism. Instead, Democrats will give up on conservatives. They will give up on Alabama and Mississippi, on Kansas and Nebraska. They will explore ways to divorce their culture, politics and economy from Trumpism and from their fellow Americans who support it. I don't know exactly what that would look like. But liberals have a great deal of cultural, academic and economic heft, stretching from Hollywood to Harvard. Just this week, some Hollywood powerhouses flirted with leveraging their clout against the Trumpist Fox News. There are endless variations on such a power play. If Democrats opt to use their power more aggressively — breaking rules —Schaller's soft civil war hardly seems unlikely

That idea sort of expresses what I've seen before; the Democrats won't give up on Democracy; they'll just give up on fly-over-country and more or less the US as well. Their cities are already flouting US Federal Law.

However, my guess is that the Dems will take back Congress in November; at least that's my hope. Trump should be the last "Republican" or "Right Wing" president of the US. The Republicans themselves have nothing to offer in terms of an agenda for the US going forward and we may as well face the fact that demographically, the Republicans are finished.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Can't wait to find out how the left will react when they suffer greater losses during this midterm election cycle.

It will be a glorious day.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
When everyone gets done jerking off over their civil war fantasies. Imagine a future where your children are dead, your starving, and foreign powers run rampant over our countries corpse.

That is what happens during a modern era civil war. Not victory and a better life.

But you know...Do you boo

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

civil war in this country would make the middle east look like a utopia

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Interesting article; I particularly liked this bit!

Democrats won't give up on democracy. It's too central to their identity, and their commitment to democratic norms and processes is also their point of greatest contrast with Trumpism. Instead, Democrats will give up on conservatives. They will give up on Alabama and Mississippi, on Kansas and Nebraska. They will explore ways to divorce their culture, politics and economy from Trumpism and from their fellow Americans who support it. I don't know exactly what that would look like. But liberals have a great deal of cultural, academic and economic heft, stretching from Hollywood to Harvard. Just this week, some Hollywood powerhouses flirted with leveraging their clout against the Trumpist Fox News. There are endless variations on such a power play. If Democrats opt to use their power more aggressively — breaking rules —Schaller's soft civil war hardly seems unlikely

That idea sort of expresses what I've seen before; the Democrats won't give up on Democracy; they'll just give up on fly-over-country and more or less the US as well. Their cities are already flouting US Federal Law.

However, my guess is that the Dems will take back Congress in November; at least that's my hope. Trump should be the last "Republican" or "Right Wing" president of the US. The Republicans themselves have nothing to offer in terms of an agenda for the US going forward and we may as well face the fact that demographically, the Republicans are finished.

What planet are you from. I do believe the midterms will be rough on the Democrats. Time will tell. You are probably right about those flyover states being abandoned, in East Tennessee we do have Democrats, but we don’t give a damn about the liberals platform or politics. Any candidate preaching agnest the US Constitution or open borders will likely only earn a handful of votes.

By the way. East Tennessee loves our President! Trump has made a lot of people very happy, no not just happy, but proud again. Proud to be an American. The only thing we are ashamed of are those liberals, running around with no morals, no class, and damn few brains. Time will tell who’s right. Hell I may have to consider leaving the country if I’m wronge.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That linked article is a progressive hack piece, actually written to inflame the very issue that it's addressing.

That's all I have to say.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join