It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, Antwon Rose probably got what he deserved

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Update: pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

Rosfeld turned himself in and out on 250K bond.

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The East Pittsburgh Police officer who fatally shot 17-year-old Antwon Rose Jr. on June 19 has been charged.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Here's some light reading that was just released today

Link

And there is a link to the full police complaint at the bottom of the page for those who care enough to read it

Just want to go ahead and leave that there for anyone who wants to read it. Maybe some of you will and afterwards go take a look in the mirror and realize how horrible you are. As a member of this site for 6 + years all I can say is I am sick to my stomach to have held some of the people commenting here in such high regards.

Regardless enjoy.

edit on 27/6/18 by TrowaBarton because: link errors

edit on 27/6/18 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/6/18 by TrowaBarton because: My apologies I haven't posted in some time

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I will also take time to point out that yes I am from Pittsburgh, yes I have a vested interest in this and yes I did read the report. The car was used in the shooting which led to it being pulled over, how the driver was taken in and released is a whole different topic and question which I am going to have to dig into but I digress.

Bottom line the officer changed his story three times in a matter of hours and for whatever reason he shot and killed an unarmed person. We can sit here and argue all day, "Well if he wasn't in that car even though he wasn't the shooter (gsr tests came back negative btw) then he'd still be alive". That is true. "Even more so if he hadn't have run, he would be alive as well." Again I can't argue and I will concede that point as well. So why we're doing that can we all agree that if an officer wouldn't have lied and shot an unarmed man (which he said was armed, then not, then armed again) that this young man would still be alive?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrowaBarton

The problem is that police officers are not required to confirm a threat before shooting..

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
From the report you can probably assume the following:

1. The Driver picked up the two guys for a ride.
2. Mr Rose was in the passenger seat and the other guy was in the back seat.
3. The driver said that Mr. Rose said "isnt that the guy?" (Paraphrasing) when they came to that intersection where the gunfire happened.
4.The guy in the back seat fired his gun and shots were fired back at the car.
5. Two guns were recovered from the car, one under the front seat (Rose's?) That wasn't fired, and one in the backseat that was fired. The other passenger seems to have fired that gun.

It's going to be hard to convict the LEO, especially if there are Rose's prints on the gun under the seat. Given the shooting prior, a LEO would assume they are armed and dangerous.

All these cases hinge on a split second decision the LEO'S have to make. They can't assume someone running from such a scene wouldn't be armed.

I'm not sure I'm buying the drivers story either.

Bad decisions on all sides led to Mr. Roses death.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Acquitted in 3-1/2 hour jury deliberation.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Good. Cops should be found guilty shooting innocents, not found guilty to appease public opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yes, The Police who got away with murder should get what he deserves

Police said that Rose had been unarmed when he was shot."

"Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala stated that Rose had an empty 9-millimeter handgun magazine in his pocket, and officials stated there were two guns in the car, one being a 9-mm-caliber handgun and the other a .40-caliber handgun."

anyone with an empty handgun and guns in their car probably deserves the same thing

While the driver was being handcuffed, Rose and the third occupant began to run. Rosfeld fired at them; Rose was struck three times and died at the hospital

If police are scared of people running away with no weapon, they probably deserve the same too

edit on 23-3-2019 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Great to see this brave officer was not stabbed in the back by the system he upholds

This murderous thuggy gang banger got what he had coming to him. Good riddance.

Justice has prevailed.

His accomplice has already pleaded guilty to the drive by shooting - AKA this officer stopped a violent felon from escaping and continuing to be a threat to public safety.

Thuggy thugs, consider yourselves put on notice. Period.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Nonsense. It had nothing to do with the gun itself, per se. And everything to do with this POS thug-banger (who just engaged in a drive by gang shooting) fleeing from LE (thus being an extreme public safety threat) and making furtive movements putting officer safety in jeopardy

They want to be a POS and threaten officers? Then be prepared for them to terminate the threat, with extreme prejudice.

Good riddance, this low life piece of dirt did nothing for society but contribute to its highly inflated murder rate (which is at least 95% gang thug related)

Bye bye dirt bags, may they never RIP
edit on 3/23/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Good. Cops should be found guilty shooting innocents, not found guilty to appease public opinion.

Exactly!

When you screw up and shoot an innocent person, throw the book at them. Agree completely. It is just I haven't seen any cases where this was true. Even in the 1 or 2 rare exceptions, the shooting would have been prevented by cooperating with LE instead of fighting or acting like some degenerate POS and fleeing law enforcement... it isn't going to end well.

"Don't run, you'll only die tired"

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Nobody is required to "confirm" a threat. It is by nature something you react to. These happen in a matter of 1-2 seconds.

FBI says this about the average defensive shooting (AKA "good shoot")

3 shots will be fired within a time period of
3 seconds at a distance of
3 feet

When the deadly force triangle exists (Ability, Opportunity, Intent) then the subject is by law employing deadly force against you and the public at large. This automatically legally justifies using lethal force as a response to their deadly conduct in order to protect your life, prevent the escape of any felon or protect the public at large

Personally, you should be more concerned about the gang banger epidemic and culture that glorifies that degenerate scum instead of trying to crucify a young LEO for simply doing his job.

A quote comes to mind...

"Play stupid games - win stupid prizes"
...and this moron takes the cake for stupid games. Thug-rug thought he was a lot tougher than he was, apparently. I wonder how upset Rose's victims are about his death? His victims might even call it justice.

Good shoot... good shoot. NOT guilty-as wrote by an American jury of his peers. IT doesn't get any more "innocent" than that. Now, when can he sue the city for his job back? You know, the cowards who turned their backs on a brother in blue because of some nappy rioters
edit on 3/23/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

good to know that Police are fragile little snowflakes that get scared by someone running away from them, how pathetic is the blue shield

"Investigators stated that Rose had not fired a weapon in the drive-by shooting"

Or do you just feel like calling an innocent person a Thug?

just another case of these ""thug"" whites hiding behind state protection to murder with impunity

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
No 17 year old deserves to be shot in the back as he’s running away.
It takes a gigantic POS to think that he does.

So no matter what just turn your back and run? Even after being involved in a drive by or other violent crimes. There is thing cared "stop police" and after that depending on what you did bullets can fly...

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

"Investigators stated that Rose had not fired a weapon in the drive-by shooting"

just another case of these ""thug"" whites hiding behind state protection to murder with impunity

If he was involved in the drive by he is not innocent..That is like saying the driver in a bank robbery is innocent.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Rose was involved in the shooting, ergo he took part in it. If you are driving a vehicle during a bank robbery, you're a bank robber. If you are present during a murder, you are a murderer. If you are present during a drive by shooting - especially when you know full well what is happening - you are a drive by shooter. This violent criminal scum deserved that bullet.

good to know that Police are fragile little snowflakes that get scared by someone running away from them, how pathetic is the blue shield

AKA protecting the public, enforcing the law, etc. You're welcome

Innocent my ass. His vehicle had gun shots, he had a firearm in possession and was clearly part of a dirt-gang. Innocent, yeah, innocent people don't run from LE. Innocent people don't participate in drive by shootings and other sub-human gang activities

I'm sure all the black cops out there find your nonsense statement especially comical

What state protection was that again? He was acquitted by a JURY of his peers, comprised of citizens of his community. State protection my ass, LEO are held to a MUCH higher standard than the general public FYI

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Let me guess, you'd be one of the first to start whining about guns and "gun violence" blah blah blah but want to ignore the real problem with "gun violence" which is these thug gang banger pieces of excrement.

More leftist hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
They had to bring in a jury from Harrisburg for this trial.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I couldn't care less about Gun Violence, your idea of "Violence" and mine are not the same

I also couldn't care less about any "leftist" ideas

just like I couldn't care less about the pathetic lives of these "Blue Shield" "Thugs"

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Damn shame of it is this officer, this fine young man, did nothing but go to work to SERVE his community

And not only did he face down a violent criminal, but he was forced to take a man's life and is stuck living with that. Not fair to this officer or his family, nor that he lost his career and probably his emotional well-being as a result of his criminal's actions

I know what I say is harsh, but it is 100% out of anger for what this fine young man had to endure along with many other LEOs who are forced to take a life by the actions of a criminal

The outcome of a LE/Citizen encounter is 100% up to the subject of the contact. If you cooperate, and let the Citizen Police Officer do his/her job they will either arrest you, cite you (same difference, really) or let you go if no crime happened. At no point does violence come into play until a subject decides to themselves become violent, pose a threat to the officer or pose such a significant threat to public safety as to warrant the use of deadly force to stop the threat

It is a damn shame this young man had to go through this BS. And the public outrage every time a black man is shot by a LEO is equally BS. Skin color doesn't determine guilt or innocence, and it sure as hell has nothing to do with lethal force encounters and outcomes

It is a crutch, an excuse used by virulent leftist who advocate for the abolition of ICE, neutering of police officers and their vision of a gun free "utopia" that sees only criminals with firearms - all the while they will continue making excuses for the criminals. "They're angry, they're socioeconomic blah blah blah, They're misunderstood" no they are CRIMINALS! White, black, green, red, yellow... doesn't matter! These ARE the reasons behind that "gun violence" stuff you all talk about Ad nauseum

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join