It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, Antwon Rose probably got what he deserved

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: underwerks

Please do not think you are the one who knows what is right with america . The person responsible is the one who was shot . bad choices have bad results . It is very easy to look at the situation after it is over . You were not there and you are not the officer who was called .

I never said a word about knowing what’s right in America.

What’s wrong should be glaringly obvious to everyone.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

But I don’t think it is ok to sacrifice 5 innocent people to save one officer..

Nor do I. But he wasn't innocent, he was involved in a shooting attack SECONDS before his contact with officers. His vehicle matched the desc. of the vehicle involved in the shooting, and the weapons matched up as well. They knew at LEAST two weapons were present, from what was in the vehicle.

Do you think the officer stopped to check the vehicle, or gave immediate pursuit? He gave immediate pursuit, on foot. At that time, all he knew was that the individual he was chasing had JUST been involved in a shooting attack.

That means the threat was just in the officers head and he killed them “just in case” they have a gun..

Why don't you tell that to the person(s) Antwon & company shot seconds before fleeing from officers.

The anti gun leftists , all 5 of them, don’t think anyone but the officer should have been armed lol?!?!

And that is exactly what your saying EVERYTIME you defend an unarmed police shooting..

False dichotomy. Law abiding citizen's possessing firearms is not the same thing as violent criminals possessing firearms. As a 17 year old, he did not have a right to posses a firearm under US or PA law. He certainly did not have a right to shoot an innocent person with said firearm.

And then he flees from officers? He just shot someone. Why let him shoot someone else?

Just letting you know, but defending violent criminals and attacking hero police officers is not the way to gain credibility. I've still yet to hear condemnation from you folks RE: the shooting Antwon had been involved in seconds before his own death.

Sucks to see a 17 year old kid caught up in gang bull#. But you guys attacking police officers and law abiding citizens while giving criminals/gangs a pass IS NOT JUST PART OF THE PROBLEM: IT IS THE PROBLEM

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Can't wait for the body cam, which typically exonerates the officers.

I believe it has been said there is no body cam, car cam video.

Officer's first day also.

The superintendent also said the officers involved were not wearing body cameras, nor was the vehicle equipped with any cameras. The officer who fatally shot Rose — identified as Michael Rosfeld — has been placed on administrative leave while the shooting is being investigated, McDonough said. He would not answer other questions about the officer, including on Rosfeld’s race. East Pittsburgh Mayor Louis Payne said Rosfeld, who has eight years of police experience at other departments, was formally sworn in hours before the shooting, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: underwerks

Please do not think you are the one who knows what is right with america . The person responsible is the one who was shot . bad choices have bad results . It is very easy to look at the situation after it is over . You were not there and you are not the officer who was called .

I never said a word about knowing what’s right in America.

What’s wrong should be glaringly obvious to everyone.

yes, i agree it was wrong for the leo to be judge jury and executioner.
i agree even more that if that highschool kid wasn't an accessory to a another murder, chances are he would be alive.
he was in turn a victim of the same act he committed; judge jury executioner.

those protesters and his parents failed him the moment he went on that drive by armed with automatic weapons. ..

no songs about that though.

lets get honest here mate.
edit on 23-6-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thanks for sharing that Tim, hurts my heart to read that.

The things I say about this kid are harsh, but I am fed up with gangs and the way they co-opt the teens of America into participating in their violence

To be sure, this kid is as much of a victim as he is a predator. Only not the victim of police but of gangs. Thanks for sharing that

Had to laugh on Thursday night on the parkway east protest, the guy and woman on the motorcycle towards the end were undercover police... notice how the drew the crowd foward and then got them down to the offramp

Damn that is creative
Quick thinking, undercover bait

Be safe there Tim Your neighbors to the North are praying for Pittsburgh right now

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

a reply to: JBurns
No 17 year old deserves to be shot in the back as he’s running away.

It takes a gigantic POS to think that he does.

The POS was the one who was involved in a violent shooting running from the cops. This crap is getting old, nobody cares if violent criminals die from their own stupidity.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I'm far enough and safe.

I believe this is what is being ask.
I need to drop this here..

508.  Use of force in law enforcement.

(a)  Peace officer's use of force in making arrest.--

(1)  A peace officer, or any person whom he has summoned or directed to assist him, need not retreat or desist from efforts to make a lawful arrest because of resistance or threatened resistance to the arrest. He is justified in the use of any force which he believes to be necessary to effect the arrest and of any force which he believes to be necessary to defend himself or another from bodily harm while making the arrest. However, he is justified in using deadly force only when he believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to himself or such other person, or when he believes both that:

(i)  such force is necessary to prevent the arrest from being defeated by resistance or escape; and

(ii)  the person to be arrested has committed or attempted a forcible felony or is attempting to escape and possesses a deadly weapon, or otherwise indicates that he will endanger human life or inflict serious bodily injury unless arrested without delay.

(2)  A peace officer making an arrest pursuant to an invalid warrant is justified in the use of any force which he would be justified in using if the warrant were valid, unless he knows that the warrant is invalid.

www.legis.state.pa.us...

[

According to the Post-Gazette, “Pennsylvania law allows police officers to use deadly force to prevent someone from escaping arrest if that person has committed a forciblefelony, possesses a deadly weapon or if the person has indicated he or she will endanger human life or inflict bodily injury if not arrested.”

I hope they can get the facts straight and present it. Zappala looks tired, but his dropping hints here and there. Hopefully this get resolved soon with factual evidence.

edit on 23-6-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
See if i can load this?
m.youtube.com...
Car driving through protest.
There is an overhead view too, but KDKA has not uplaoded it to yt or website.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

IF this person was involved, I have zero problem with them being shot.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well certainly looks like he may have..
Zappala said the a .40 clip was found in Antwon's front pocket. And guns were found in the car.. note: the driver was actually a Jiteny driver (unlicensed cab). They questioned him and let him go.

But again they are still investigating. It could still go either way, the officer hired a new lawyer. That was the announcement yesterday.

The police are allowing the protesters to peacefully assemble, but the protesters never got permits. So technically, No it is an illegal protests. We will see what happens next.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If that is your position... by your stance, the police that murder innocent people should get the same treatment, as they deserve, the Military that has murdered innocent people, should get the same, as they deserve...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Did Anton have gun residue on his body or clothes? Were the guns found in the car the same guns used in the shooting?

An East Pittsburgh police officer saw a vehicle matching the description on Grandview Avenue which also had ballistics damage to the rear window.
The officer stopped the vehicle near Grandview and Howard Street in East Pittsburgh.
The officer took the driver into custody. While he was putting the driver into handcuffs, two other occupants ran from the car. www.huffingtonpost.com...

How do you justify this part of the story?

The 20-year-old driver of the vehicle that Rose allegedly fled was taken into custody. He was later released because officers did not feel they had cause to charge him in the North Braddock shooting, according to USA Today.

That's weird!

edit on 23-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The officer Michael Rosfeld had worked at University of Pittsburgh police, And there are rumors about that too. I'm trying to be patient about all of this. Pitt police turned over the files.

The G20 summit was worse with far more protesters that drove or bussed in.

This group is smaller(around a hundred people). Has the potential to grow though.
Sharpton hasn't piped up yet... sooooo.

edit on 23-6-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

No 17 year old deserves to be shot in the back as he’s running away.

No one deserves to be shot by a 17 year old.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No one deserves to be shot by a 17 year old.

So, summary execution for all 17 year old, unarmed black men fleeing a suspicious scene.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Glad you're safe

Honestly I thought the fireworks were going to set of shootings by mistake. Glad it didn't 👍

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yep. Reading this thread I am more certain than ever.

The next Presidential election for the Democrat will be run on the slogan.
NO WALLS NO LAWS

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

ok, if that is your position, but, by that statement, you are equating a 17 year old person with a "Police Officer" if we can equate them, then a person shooting a police officer if they feel threatened is no different and should be defend the same way,

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You got mail...
The envelope doesn't light up.
But it works.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

A) He was in a car with people involved in a shooting.. maybe.. we don’t know who was shooting. We don’t know who shot first , or who started it..

For all we know the other people shot first and the group in question were defending themselves. .

All we know is someone reported shooting an the car they were in had bullet holes..

The cop didn’t even confirm it was the same people who the call was about?!?!

There was a pretty good chance it was them, bet he had just begun his interaction and the driver appearently instantly surrender.

B) your instantly assuming the worst about one group and the best about the other ..

I’m not making any assumptions that are not blantantly obvious..

Like “they left the guns in the car”.

They were just in a shooting, so the guns were in their possession. So they must have chosen to put the guns down for them to be in the car after the police interaction..

“They were planning on shooting it out with the police . So they left the gun in the car and ran..” doesn’t make any sense..

So period, objectively the cop was in no danger.

C) the people Antwon and co EXCHANGED FIRE WITH.. I haven’t heard anyone report who was the aggressor for sure.

It EASILY could be that this was a gang shootout or Antwon and co were attacked and a random pedestrian reported it.

D) again the officer doesn’t know who shot who.. he knows there was a shooting exchange..

Really the only thing the cop knows is there are guns involved. Then 2 people ran.

The video is quite clear the officer shot the second they bolted...

PS the last two paragraphs of my post weren’t meant to go together.

The “argument you are making” is that it is ok for cops to kill people “just in case they are a threat” without even being required to confirm a threat.

Because everytime a cops shoots someone because he “thought they had a weapon” when they didn’t. Is us trading an innocent life for what was never a threat to the cop in the first place.

What is the right penalty for a really bad call if your an officer??

The problem arises when instead of firing the cop and paying off the family. They glorify the cop and vilify the victim and their families.

You can’t stop people from. Doing things. You can just decide when it is worth incarcerating/fining them when they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join