It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sara Netanyahu, wife of Israel’s PM, charged with fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Israeli prosecutors on Thursday charged the wife of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu with misusing over $100,000 in public funds to order lavish meals from some of the country’s most famous chefs.

While the prime minister was not directly implicated in the case, the indictment against Sara Netanyahu threatens to embarrass the long-serving leader and brings back attention to his own legal problems.

Netanyahu has basked in months of political success, including the Trump administration’s withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal and its move of the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, taking away attention from a series of corruption investigations facing the prime minister.

Sara Netanyahu, wife of Israel’s PM, charged with fraud

Classy. We're seeing the fruits of billions in US tax payer money right? We're currently providing $38 billion in military aid alone and lawmakers are calling for an incre ase. Not to mention the suffering surrounding Israel. Jordan is overflown with refugees, Syria is a mess, people are being cramped in Gaza and Palestine but hey hey? How about moving that Embassy to appease the Netanyahu government while we're at it? And then we have this revelation. I'll give kudos to Israeli officials for making these moves and investigating. Ol' Benny Netanyahu has an ongoing investigation on himself too. We'll see where that goes.
edit on 23-6-2018 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It'll do for an opener but I'm waiting for the main event.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Wooo, she sounds like our EPA Chief Scott Pruitt, no?

Those folks LOVE to shop! I do too, but the difference is I use my OWN money.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The US calls it 'military aid' when the UK buys its F-35's, are all those billions claimed 'to' Israel actual cash which US taxpayers are giving away?
Not being flippant, genuine question as US 'military aid' is a loose term as I understand it.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Got it, trying to make it look like US aid dollars...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

His wife is u unusual to say the least. She is very unpopular but oddly they love her husband. Shes attacked people and apparently over all just an unpleasant person. The papers regularly discuss how they feel sory for him.

The charge is actually kind of funny at the prime ministers mansion they have a cooking staff. Similar to the white house. However his wife doesnt like the food so regularly caters to have food brought total 96000.00. Apparently the lady of the house, together with then deputy director general of the Prime Minister’s Office, Ezra Saidoff charged off these expenses to the mansion.
edit on 6/23/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Thats so wierd, I bet she's bat s# crazy and all those chefs are afraid of her.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

This is not a shocker. I think virtually every nations government takes the piss when it comes to feeding its members and hangers on, and Israel is no different in that. However, the number of sincerely questionable events that seem to surround the Netanyahu family, is quite substantial. Of course, there remains the job of proving that these funds have been misappropriated, before any genuine criticism can be leveled.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: dragonridr

Thats so wierd, I bet she's bat s# crazy and all those chefs are afraid of her.

Im sure they were she was charged with assault as well attacking a the prime minister director general.

www.haaretz.com...

join