It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who pays for Fake news? Here Are the Biggest Advertisers on Fox News, CNN and MSNBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
So here we go. I kept the title as close as possible as the article also discusses some personalities. Sorry NO RUSH!

All that freedom of speech stuff and the like and all of the above guys can spew whatever they want. The trouble is when they distort the facts, present bias, lie and basically attempt to undermine a sovereign nation regardless of your political beliefs and I make my case in current law. Meaning the United States Code and the Constitution. Well they still have to make a profit and it seems like we further support them by paying the sky high Direct TV, Dish and whoever else is out there monthly fees. Don't get me started on those cable guys as they are all for a true blue America eh? I wrote this because I was inspired by my local "rag" newspaper which for decades played the above game and they finally lost money for the 1st time in 40 years. So guess what, yep, they fired the distorting, hate baiting twister journalists because their voice was old, stale and simply dried out.

Take a look at some of the organizations below who fund these guys along with some of your other superheros or click on the link.

www.adweek.com...

Top 10 Brands on Fox News (Feb. 2018) Nutrisystem $1.90M Otezla $1.04M Jenny Craig $806K Sleep Number $655K Indeed $587K South Beach Diet $574K Smile Direct Club $563K Liberty Mutual $488K GEICO $469K Inogen $450K Top 10 Brands on CNN (Feb. 2018) Otezla $1.07M T-Mobile $938K GEICO $917K Progressive $712K Humira $690K Nutrisystem $567K BMW $511K NordVPN $497K AT+T $455K GoodRx $444K Top 10 Brands on MSNBC (Q1 through Feb. 24) Smile Direct Club $640K Jeep $540K Proactiv $379K Otezla $318K Office Depot $288K Cadillac $287K Trivago $269K Sleep Number $263K Humira $261K Omaha Steaks $244K Here are the Top 10 Brands on the top shows for each network, based on the number of EQ units in the month of February: Top 10 Brands on Hannity / Fox News Nutrisystem 36 Otezla 22 Clear Choice 19 Coventry Direct 16 Sandals Resorts 14 LifeLock 13 Society of HRM 13 Inogen 11 Atlantis Paradise Island 10 Toujeo 10 Top 10 Brands on Rachel Maddow / MSNBC Smile Direct Club 30 BRILINTA 22 Wayfair 14 Vistaprint 13 Otezla 12 Sleep Number 10 Zenni Optimcal 8 Olay 8 AT&T 8 GrubHub 8 Top 10 Brands on Anderson Cooper 360 / CNN T-Mobile 28 Otezla 24 Wayfair 22 GEICO 18 BMW 18 Ancestry 13 Atlantis Paradise Island 12 Verizon 12 ClearChoice 11 AT+T 11

Posted as a means to edumacate the masses.
edit on 23-6-2018 by Jake56 because: typo

edit on 23-6-2018 by Jake56 because: rewrite

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Jake56

Interesting. Not surprising though.

Pharmaceuticals and insurance companies dominate.

Hmmmm...I wonder why? (not really, that was a rhetorical question).

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Wow no wonder the left has a bigger voice in the media.

Most of the big american businesses advertise with them.

Where are all the big right wing companies I wonder?

Is it that right wing driven companies are less successful in america than the left ones or that the right ones don't advertise.

I mean I now the oil companies don't advertise and they would be considered right wing.

But who else is there?

Now this makes me wonder if the majority of millionaires and billionaires are also left wing.

hhhmmmm.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I would have sworn that My Pillow would be on one of the lists. That dude creeps me out.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

So, a lot of fat people watch hannity?

Interesting!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Posted as a means to edumacate the masses.

Regarding that statement , it appears that the masses do not need educated as much as other folks...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Im wondering since the Media is covered by the Constitution, why can these news corporations be owned by outside entities?
www.broadcastlawblog.com...

???

Globalization??????

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Correct. Ever think that USA and world is pushing towards "alternate" lifestyles because the pharma cost to transgender, and other behaviors is super $$$$$$ profitable for the Pharmas.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Your the winner! You caught the intentional spelling error.

Question? Do two half wits equal one quarter wit?

edit on 23-6-2018 by Jake56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

It sure seems like it.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I didn't catch that but I did not read all. I guess it comes down to on the f _ _ as to who wins; Al Gore and CO2 exhaustion versus Big Pharma versus Junk Food guys.

Right now it would appear its the Junk Food guys.

Hey doesn't that Billionaire Warren Something own a sugary soda company?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Take a look at the numbers. It's hard to believe these large news organizations survive on advertising dollars alone.

Seeing the companies that advertise on the MSM tells you a lot about why news stories have so much spin, but seeing the source of the non-advertising revenue will tell you a lot more.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Exactly what I thought also.

Just like I also wonder that ever since Obama got elected we never saw or heard chants of "death to America" on MSM from the dancing folks from the middle eastern countries. Oh is that because the MSM wants them to come here and they are nice guys?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jake56

Your the winner! You caught the intentional spelling error.

Question? Do two half wits equal one quarter wit?

Why would anyone purposefully misspell a word ?
And , I would not be the one to ask that question of.
I dont intentionally misspell words...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Why not? Its a mind F _ _ _ OP

Sort of like advertising

edit on 24-6-2018 by Jake56 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join