It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** Trump drops a bombshell - "The Russian Witch Hunt is Rigged"

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I hope so. Absolutely applies to me too. I'm going to make a sincere effort to do better. Wish me luck old friend.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I am highly entertained!

I'm with good sir GUT, The Donald turned on his laser pointer and off go the gullible.

It has the feeling of a warm up act to me; something to get the crowd's attention and pointed in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm not really how Trump dramatically posting something is somehow a bombshell. How many times has he done this? And how many times has it actually been a bombshell? yea.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: xuenchen

How does a witch hunt becoming rigged? It's a retweet of Trump failing at English repeating the same unsubstantiated claims he's been makingfor months.

I'd like to answer your question but before I do I want to make sure I understand how to proceed: Is English a second language for you?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

No I'm English. By definition a witch hunt is an investigation/inquiry that's rigged. Rigging a rigged investigation makes no sense, it's tautology.
edit on 23-6-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)
of

ETA: On 29th of may Trump tweeted

"Sorry, I’ve got to start focusing my energy on North Korea Nuclear, bad Trade Deals, VA Choice, the Economy, rebuilding the Military, and so much more, and not on the Rigged Russia Witch Hunt that should be investigating Clinton/Russia/FBI/Justice/Obama/Comey/Lynch etc.,"

Which is completely correct and honorable however since the start of June Trump has tweeted Russia Witch Hunt 22 times, seems a bit obsessed. Didn't he learn from Spygate?
edit on 24-6-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Since you and unenlightened would rather discuss posting contributions, threads, OPs and low-information, instead of the team-Hillarys 'Trump colluded with Russia' fake narrative pushed onto the MSM, I posit the fact that you are too low-information and scared to man-up and be a consistent thread creator.

Posting history and habits are important when learning who and what you are dealing with. In recognizing that, we can also talk about the topic at hand at the same time, which I did.

Specifically, I referred to the hyperbole/dramatics used in the OP and how it's very difficult to say this is any sort of bombshell without more context.

That's a fairly simple concept to understand and not unreasonable to suggest. Not sure why you are having a problem with this.

21,000+ posts in 3 years, thats about 18 posts per day, every day. You've made 23 pathetic threads, the last one being 18 months ago.

Oh, I get it now. This isn't about wanting to have a discussion about the issues, facts, etc.

This is a prick-waving contest to you. It's about attention and doing whatever you have to to get it.

The fact you would even bring up something so uselessly petty like that is very telling.

No-one cares for your contributions because they are all pathtic and weak sauce with no substance.

I have no delusions about that and you are completely correct. No one cares what some anonymous dude on the internet says.

It appears that it is not I that needs to come to terms with that reality...and understand what that actually means.

You and unenlightened fall squarely into the category of rabbits - pathetic & useless eaters, frightened to face the community on your own merits, instead, hiding in the threads of the Lions hoping your status can be elevated.

Status elevated? See. This is exactly what I was talking about. It's about the attention.

You think some "status" means a damn on this site? Is that why you create dramatic threads void of context? Hoping to get more "likes" and slaps on the back from your fellow "lions"?

Step away from your little twitterverse and take the time to understand something very important: No one cares what you think either. No matter your "status". No matter if you're a lion or a rabbit.

A piss-poor excuse for 'Americans' - thank god you are the minority.

You may very well be correct.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Well then let me start by addressing your second sentence and saying that I would consider it personally embarrassing if I were shallow enough to try and pull a grammar-nazi and write that grammatical train wreck. I understood what you were saying, however, and wouldn't normally presume to critique it. That's rather 'small' in my book. Not to mention your first sentence, see if you can find it: "How does a witch hunt becoming rigged?" Altogether you can see why I asked if English was a 2nd language because I didn't want to offend you if so. But nope, you're the grammar-nazi that couldn't shoot straight. Priceless.

Now to definition:

Definition of witch hunt

: a searching out for persecution of persons accused of witchcraft
: the searching out and deliberate harassment of those (such as political opponents) with unpopular views

Mirriam-Webster

‘Rigged’ and Witch Hunt are not synonyms unless you can show otherwise? I do see your point but it's not exact and as such just seeks shallow deflection from Trump's emphasis.

Some witch hunts are rigged of course like attempting to pin Russian “collusion” on Trump and stacking the deck with “I’m with Her” folk who don’t mind fabricating or misrepresenting evidence, but witch hunts are also misguided attempts led by faulty reasoning such as by those displaying extreme cognitive dissonance and/or misguided political fervor or philosophy. In their mind it’s real---like some of y'all. During the Salem Witch Trials some were found Not Guilty---"Rigged" assumes knowledge of one's own corruption.

edit on 24-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Ahh I see your point, in the UK we don't have that definition, in the context of investigations they have to be rigged against someone or something in order to be witch hunts. This expanded MW definition proves I'm indeed wrong in my claim of tautalogy as it would be expansive

'an investigation carried out ostensibly to uncover disloyalty, subversive political activity, etc., usually conducted with much publicity and often relying upon inconclusive evidence and capitalizing on public fear of unpopular opinions'
Webster’s New World College Dictionary, 4th Edition. Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.

As for me I've been up for 40 hours and have a brain injury so my grammar and spelling has gone to piddle, but cheers for point it out as it's the only way for me to relearn. Used to be a journo for several local and music reviews, nibs, odds/sods for a couple of nationals.

I'd expect better from someone in office but I'd always assumed Trump meant the Russian collusion investigation was out to get him

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Vector99

Democrats are basically Nazi's

Might be detected because it originated at your computer. I suspect you have brown eyes where the white part is supposed to be. Your not a bot but you've been a tool with no facts that prove your points. You do prove the lack of morals on the left is OK with you.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

See, that’s better!

A bit of humour goes a long way.

Yes i agree again even though it is so rarely I am able to do so, you are 100% right here!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I might be ignorant but WTF?!?

Am I supposed to believe that Russian witch hunters have tampered with the US elections?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I truly believe that if most Trump supporters could see the FACT that the FBI Russia Investigation and the Special Counsel Investigation are not targetting Donald Trump PERSONALLY ... about 90% of these media-driven kerfluffles would evaporate immediately.

There is a false belief that has been perpetuated from BOTH SIDES that you can tell is prime NLP ...

Trump is going to be impeached over Russian interference in the Election. NO HE'S NOT!

Comey told Trump he was not the target of the Russia investigation. Mueller has made it clear he's not going after the President. Senators and Representatives who have seen details of the investigations tell Trump he is not the target.

There are lies here that have to be untangled:

"The FBI is utterly corrupted and controlled by Hillary sympathizers."

This is and has been absolute BS. THINK ABOUT IT. The FBI has always been populated by middle-aged, conservative, often former military men. Many (like in the NYO) are OPENLY hateful toward Clinton.

Chris Wray is a Republican. Rob Rosenstein is a Republican.

McCabe is an incompetent lying Republican.

Comey is a Republican who tried to protect the FBI at all costs and failed miserably because he suffers from more than his fair share of arrogance.

Yes, there are daily, interminable calls for Trump's impeachment, just as there was for Obama.

Stop letting Them shove their hands up your nethers and work you like a ragdoll.
edit on 24-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Gryph, I've said this since minute-1. This is a standard counter-intelligence investigation that has been spun into something more by dishonest MSM/rabid anti-Trumpers.

Sadly, the false perception is still harming our President.

I would say we'll treat the next Dem President like a DOG, but I don't think we'll ever have one of those.... Pretty sure our country will be torn apart by civil war before that point. It was nice while it lasted. At least the radicals got to chant and smash and burn cities down though, over someone they didn't like being elected

Calling someone a "racist" (which means nothing anymore) for enforcing laws and making statements that Obama, Schumer, Pelosi, etc have made before.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I was afraid of the civil war thing in the past ... I'm not so much now. The good thing about the US is the distributed nature of our governments, the vastness of our geography, as well as the fact that most of us are just as easily distracted by mindless fluff as we are by political rancor.

The revolution, so to speak, is going to have to start with EACH of us as individuals. We need to drop all the fake indentifications that don't just separate us ... but that are used to goad us into the pens, whether we're waiting for the slaughterhouse or to be put out to pasture.

It doesn't help President Trump that he's such a dynamic, overwhelming personality.

I could just as easily say that Trump is a pompous, short-sighted ass. However, a Trump supporter would agree with the first one, and be ready to bayonet me over the second. Does it make a difference how I say it?

He's a lightning rod. He evokes reaction, and means to. If those of us who have opposed him would stop focusing on him and start focusing on the issues, we would have MUCH MORE success.

IMO.
edit on 24-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

One more thing ... I agree with you to some extent about the overuse and abuse of terms like "racist."

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I will agree with most of what you said, but will disagree on the aspect of focusing on the issues and being more successful.

Not going to happen and you know why.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

@realDonaldTrump

This is going to dominate the MSM. Standby for further info, but it reminds me of when he accused Obama of wiretapping his tower.

Under the threat of contempt/impeachment, the DOJ finally handed over most the requested documents to Congress last week. Only a few more to go.

www.foxnews.com...

I believe the information in these documents was shared with the President, which is why he declared the Mueller investigation a Witch-Hunt, with such certainty. Next comes "actions" to shut down, or modify the Mueller probe.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't get it, can someone explain?? An investigation was started and were supposed to let it finish, right?? This is apart of checks and balances.. If the facts ars bogus then throw out the investigation once it's over..

It's like all you guys are dependent on QANON being real. If QANON isn't real doesn't that make trump look like an idiot??

If trump has no play behind his silly tweets then he must be a moron. Getting news media in a circus for no reason..

Can anyone honestly defend trump and his statements if QANON is just a LARP?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I hear you Introvert and you know I do.

My statement is more directed at maintaining an internal locus of control.

My own actions, beliefs, etc. are not going to affect the wider world overly much ... only my own world.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yet he's speaking to the American people with little context and explanation. Leaving us to fill in the spaces and argue. That's just being a bad president. Constantly filling the media waves with his absent-minded tweets..

How would you guys act if Obama was tweeting like this?????

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join