It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarborough: Trump supporters are racist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
I just remembered now... one of the reasons why American soldiers called their enemies names is to make them appear less human and easier to kill because it's hard to get past the emotion of killing people.

Hitler did the same to the Jews.

Are you saying Scarborough is Hitler?
edit on 23-6-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Lefties who want to claim the high ground keep dragging us back to race, sex, religion. whilst the rest of of us just want to let these things go and live our lives.
blue haired Nazi's

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Chinks, gooks, krauts and Japs ring any bell? I'm sure the vets today went past that.

And what decade do you live in today? You know the Irish were treated about as bad as anyone could be too, I don't understand your point you are trying to make here...

link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't think all Trump supporters are racist but I have no doubt that some are. And he doesn't seem to do much to discourage that impression.

What exactly could he do?

Donald Trump could singlehandedly cure cancer, and someone would come out with a study saying he is racist because more white folk had cancer than black folk. Or brown folk. Or green folk. Or purple folk with yellow polka-dots. Or... you get the idea.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I just remembered now... one of the reasons why American soldiers called their enemies names is to make them appear less human and easier to kill because it's hard to get past the emotion of killing people.

Yep! Actually I give you credit for that thread because it reminded me of the reason.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

We all want an honest person to run for president.

Jeesuz!

You two or three?

There hasn't been an honest politician in the US since George Washington.

Yes but if George was president today he would be called a liar by the left for lying about never having told a lie.AND a racist!(He had slaves you know)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I know I have a silly dislike of them not for their race but two of them attacked my brother by bashing him on the head and pushing him in a canal ending up in a coma and he died and their police screwed it all up then it cost us a fortune in medical bills and to get his body back all the while being looked down upon by most french people for being British.
I know it is silly to dislike them but maybe it is the bad experience I had with the whole situation which makes me dislike them.
I dunno bad experiences with certain groups make you racist or bigoted?.
I gotta go back one day and make amends.
edit on 23-6-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Chinks, gooks, krauts and Japs ring any bell? I'm sure the vets today went past that.

And what decade do you live in today? You know the Irish were treated about as bad as anyone could be too, I don't understand your point you are trying to make here...

Because you said this:

Lots hated Germans and Japanese.

I am merely adding more to the list. Everyone is not immune to racism.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Because they are Japanese. Obviously. And that's what makes it easy. It's those slanty eyes. And they eat rice.

Serious question...Hating the Japanese based on what they did during the war, does that make her a racist?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Apply a bit of a filter to himself. Like real people do?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'd say it makes her a victim.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Yep! Actually I give you credit for that thread because it reminded me of the reason.

Hitler needed a target. He got that with the Jews.

Labeling us as "less than human" says to me that Scarborough is no better than those who group people together for a target.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

What has he said that was racist and thus needed filtered?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

But why did they hate them? Did they hate the Germans because they were Germanic decent or Japanese because they were Asian?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Hitler needed a target. He got that with the Jews.

Labeling us as "less than human" says to me that Scarborough is no better than those who group people together for a target.

In your thread, calling people names like Nazis dehumanizes people. That's probably the main reason why American soldiers call their enemies not so nice names during wars. And you don't want to know what they call those Arab fighters.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Apply a bit of a filter to himself. Like real people do?

He could.
But that would not be as entertaining.

link   
a reply to: RowanBean

I'm a vet puddin.

I know how to say, "Your momma has nice breasts" in Farsi and Russian.

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

But why did they hate them? Did they hate the Germans because they were Germanic decent or Japanese because they were Asian?

I think it has to do with labelling ALL Japanese and Germans that had nothing to do with wars is racist. Basically it's like calling black people certain names because *some* black people act that way. Also there was a fear about the Japanese Americans during WWII for that exact reason.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Specifically? I can't answer that. It's more of an accumulation of his (seemingly) thoughtless comments and reactions to events.

Early on I was more of the opinion that he wasn't so much racist as a panderer. But, with the accumulation, I'm moving from that opinion. But that doesn't mean I think his supporters are necessarily racists.

edit on 6/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

I hate to say this, but I doubt men in war are polite when they smash each others face in during battle.

Just Saying.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join