It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near-death experiences and UFO encounters are linked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Could near-death experiences and UFO encounters be forms of shamanic initiation? Both out-of -body phenomena transform the experiencer on a cosmic level. Are these shamanic visionary encounters as much a prod to mans next level of evolution as blooming sexual urges are a prod to a teenagers move from childhood to adolescence?

Read this fascinating report by the National institute of Discovery Science

www.nidsci.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
link not working

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
You might have included the period on the end.

www.nidsci.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Interesting article. I'm one of those people that think that UFOlogy and abductions may be far more closely linked to other aspects of the paranormal and share far more similarities than the more popular ideas regarding the whole question of aliens and UFO's.

I believe much of the phenomona, if not all, is more metaphysical in nature than extra terrestrial.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well it probably has something to do with you're soul wanting to leave this planet or something. I know when I was like 4 years old I was at party my dad's work buddy was having and they were all socializing on the far side of the lawn. I saw the open water of the pool and jumped in. I was on the bottom for a long time during which I think I had a NDE before this lady saw me and jumped in and got me. Since then I have had more paranormal phenomena happen to me.

When i was 12 at a friends sleepover birthday party two of us were frozen for a while while a blue orb/light came through the window.

I have this partial memory of being taken in a car up a long driveway to some facility for testing. It seems to be from the same time period as this concert I went to that was at a former air force base, but I have some missing time.

When I was 18 I was lying down staring into the cloud and saw a vision of what seemed to be the face of a man from the nordic alien race.

top topics

join