It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real fight over immigration.. and pretty much every other crime...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think something that people have to constantly be reminded of is that we don’t useually have the choice they pretend we do when they propose some new law...

We don’t get to decide what people do. We just get to decide what they have done is worth spending ATLEAST 40k PER PERSON, PER YEAR to incarcerate them if we catch them..

We don’t get to decide if people do drugs. We just get to decide to pay to incarcerate those who we catch doing it..

We don’t get to decide who enters this country... we can just decide to I ncarcerate those who do..

It’s the same with every crime.....

Murder , rape , theft and for those 3 everyone thinks that is a price worth paying..

But for things that are not a saftey hazard , nor are they really hurting someone.. is it really worth 40k per person, per year then??

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You got any backing for the 40,000 a year number ?
I can also pull a rabbit out of my hat.
Yet , I refuse to.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Deport them all,no amnesty,no refugees.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
illegal aliens commit over 200000 federal crimes per year
edit on 22-6-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
I think something that people have to constantly be reminded of is that we don’t useually have the choice they pretend we do when they propose some new law...

We don’t get to decide what people do. We just get to decide what they have done is worth spending ATLEAST 40k PER PERSON, PER YEAR to incarcerate them if we catch them..

We don’t get to decide if people do drugs. We just get to decide to pay to incarcerate those who we catch doing it..

We don’t get to decide who enters this country... we can just decide to I ncarcerate those who do..

It’s the same with every crime.....

Murder , rape , theft and for those 3 everyone thinks that is a price worth paying..

But for things that are not a saftey hazard , nor are they really hurting someone.. is it really worth 40k per person, per year then??

Let me ask you a question? Does your home have walls in it?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Ha! I see what you did there! Equate a victimless crime with something that damages the economy for mid to low income people, then when they disagree with you it looks like they disagree with everything and are unreasonable.
Star for your trickery!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
illegal aliens commit over 200000 federal crimes per year

From the link, 134,705 of those crimes were immigration crimes, like illegal entry. Then, 11,037 were "economic crimes" like picking fruit or mowing lawns. Only 72 homicides, 159 robberies and 0 burglaries, 3,486 were firearms related. cis.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

False Dichotomy.

We can decide to DETER them from attempting to come here, and then they'll stop dragging babies across the desert with them to hold up as human shields, and the ones that would have been behind them wont have duffel bags full of dope either.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

As if all crime even goes reported. There are MILLIONS of them here. Lets get back on down to reality on this stuff. Maybe? And put our big boy pants on and be grown ups for a change?? No???

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I hear Mexico is taking immigration applications...………....have you gotten yours filled out yet ?
edit on 22-6-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
I hear Mexico is taking immigration applications...………....have you filled gotten yours filled out yet ?

A bunch of ATS'ers should do that as a social experiment just to see how they really handle such requests. Someone put up how to and I might just join in on the fun too lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Agreed. If my taxes are paying a private industry to keep dangerous people away from society, they should only imprison violent criminals.

Community service actually helps our nation... why couldn't a crack addict or even white collar criminals just pick up trash for a few years and pay a fine?
edit on 22-6-2018 by Abysha because: Redundant redundancy

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

As if all crime even goes reported. There are MILLIONS of them here. Lets get back on down to reality on this stuff. Maybe? And put our big boy pants on and be grown ups for a change?? No???

Don't blame me! I didn't bring it up, I just fact checked the link. Don't claim 200,000 crimes if you really mean 1,000,000!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Thats a good point. Generally people victimized their own. Illegal on illegal crime is likely largely unreported due to fear of deportation.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

It's about cheap labour. The real fight over Immigration is between those who say we need more and those who say we have enough.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

So you think that an illegal immigrant that gets caught only crossing the border as their crime, nothing else, that they are imprisoned for a lengthy time, costing the tax payers 40k per year? I'm pretty sure they are detained, printed, photoed, etc and then I would imagine that they would be reported back to their country as trying to "escape" and then being sent back immediately. It is their own countries fault for not having the measures or care enough to do anything about it in their own state. Would they start caring if the country was mandated to pay for their illegal migrants that were caught or have them executed on spot? Whose conscience would that be on? It's not racist, it is cost effective against crime and would send a stout message. Get caught, get murdered, no walls needed. Same as if a person breaks into my home, they will be shot on sight, no difference at all.

If you think different, take as many illegal migrants as possible into your home to protect them. All of these rich people upset about immigration are only flapping their lips and not actually helping them in any way. That is the funniest part. They want all people to have homes and be safe and happy but they wont give their own home to them in order for it to happen, or even give them a cheap home to start out with and then provide everything for them like they would ask the government to do in the first place.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I hear talk of a lottery system to randomly select households for immigrant child placement.

Kinda like Jury Duty.

😃

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Agreed. If my taxes are paying a private industry to keep dangerous people away from society, they should only imprison violent criminals.

Community service actually helps our nation... why couldn't a crack addict or even white collar criminals just pick up trash for a few years and pay a fine?

Ding Ding Ding Ding!

Winner!

Exactly. Why spend 40-70K per year putting non-violent people away when we can have them do something productive. Since I am a "Civil Defense" kind of person. I would sentence them to continue to work if they have a job and instead of paying to lock them up, they get money sucked out of their check.

What is better, paying an on-going fine for 5 years or loosing your job while you are in jail for 5 years. The savings would be enormous.

For those who are jobless. Send them to the "Transformer Factories" that we set up to make transformers in the event of Grid issues. They get free food and rent while working at the factory for their months or years.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Your right, they should be deported at their own expense.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Exactly. Why spend 40-70K per year putting non-violent people away when we can have them do something productive. Since I am a "Civil Defense" kind of person. I would sentence them to continue to work if they have a job and instead of paying to lock them up, they get money sucked out of their check.

What is better, paying an on-going fine for 5 years or loosing your job while you are in jail for 5 years. The savings would be enormous.

For those who are jobless. Send them to the "Transformer Factories" that we set up to make transformers in the event of Grid issues. They get free food and rent while working at the factory for their months or years.

You are obviously a productive member of society, with little experience with criminals who inhabit our prison system.

Take a tour of the holding cell in your local facility on a Friday night. Other than DUIs and public intoxication, the rest of them are a pretty sad bunch--I mean they look like the ER at your local county hospital.

Crime is hard work; most criminals do what they do because they are not capable of holding down a job. Learning disabilities, emotional issues, etc. keep most of them from following through on community service sentences. Most of the hard ones break the program.

Basically, "community service" is for middle to upper class white people who have a job waiting for them once they pick up their mile of trash off the interstate. Every legal process court has a robust community service program for upper class drug consumers and their suppliers.

Most of the Friday night crew are diabetics, have artificial limbs, a heroin habit, have abscessed teeth or body cavities, and emotional disorders. Few of them graduated high school. Almost all of them are incapable of balancing a checkbook or living on a budget. They literally think that MD20/20 is a balanced breakfast, and think the most ethical thing to do with money is spend it before someone takes it from you anyway.

Computer hackers and embezzlers already get community service. But the whores don't finish their shift picking up trash, and the junkies will be in a bum-fight within an hour of starting work.....

Proper programs are not the issue.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join