It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Summer of Discontent or a Whole lot More?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
a reply to: Lumenari

i just watched 8 years of obama hung in effigy and people posting on their social media about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants, but good luck flipping the script there.

Ever check out what the left did to Bush?

And I guess you haven't turned on the news to see Trump beheaded, etc, etc ad nauseum.

I'm not flipping a script, silly.

I am observing a trend and asking for an opinion on it.

So... want to get back on topic?

Do you think this will be a bad summer.. and is the left feeding it?

Inquiring minds want to know...

link   
I agree with the starting post.. something bad is coming for everyone. I work at a very progressive college, the hate towards the current administration is rabid. It's not just the students either, I've heard many professors and staff spouting out exactly what CNN tells them."Trump puts kids in cages!!" "Trump didn't sign the EU agreement cuz he wants to tear kids away from their families!!" etc etc They read the most inflammatory headlines they can and that's the extent of it.
I don't love everything Trump does either, but I try very hard to learn the whole story and I don't lay all the blame on his doorstep for literally- everything- that is happening.
Also though, the kind of people I see who are so enraged and blinded by the headlines and FB are not the kind who would have the guts to launch an attack. Someone outside may step in and incite/organize violent riots though.

link   

It's the summer of Winning with popcorn, champagne, bacon mmmmmm.

Isis destroyed
N Korea humbled to peace
The UN put in it's place
All the firings at the FBI and bad actors being dragged before Congress as the Resistance crumbles, the summer is literally bursting with clear skies and sunshine, rainbows around every corner.

Evil is on the run, but I can see if you are leaning that way to the Left, it would be a bad summer for you.

link   

Thought you might enjoy this as well....fairly recent. Who feeding the hate?

edit on 22-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sadly, that wondrous spectacle took place about 50 miles from where I'm sitting.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

DBCowboy was right in his Nazi thread... Trump supporters are rapidly being dehumanized.

BRING IT!!

I'm a vet, professional fighter and armed. I have friends who are just like me and if they want to ramp it up we're waiting.

I think you are picturing some fantasy. It would look like the weather underground. Not really a way to fight that.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
To be honest this thread is absolutely freaking funny! I'm laughing hard. I'm laughing at the conversation between Gryphon and the unhinged right-wingers.

While still not being able to talk about the topic, but pretty active on derailing it.

Keep it classy...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

That reads like the really bad plot of a indie comic book, LOL.

LOL ... Trump just re-upped NK as an Emergency Threat today darlin'

Keep up.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Dude ... you can't talk about your own topic because you don't know who your enemy is!

I am DESPERATELY trying to engage your topic, but I'm beginning to see this was another "bash the lefties" thread that has no substance.

We keep asking you who your enemies are ... but you can't tell us.

And that's our fault?

Pfft.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

They are ramping up the rhetoric for the mid terms they want to try and impeach Trump

Can't tell if Trump is a bad actor or not but they sure as he'll seem to not like him.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: RowanBean
To be honest this thread is absolutely freaking funny! I'm laughing hard. I'm laughing at the conversation between Gryphon and the unhinged right-wingers.

While still not being able to talk about the topic, but pretty active on derailing it.

Keep it classy...

You keep saying that I am not on topic which I am,which is weird. It appears that you have forgotten what your OP is about. You have not even define what the left is.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

BRING IT!! I'm a vet, professional fighter and armed. I have friends who are just like me and if they want to ramp it up we're waiting.

And just like the "right", I.E., the "Christian" Republicans, you advocate violence over anything else.

What's your real name and address tough guy?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

They are ramping up the rhetoric for the mid terms they want to try and impeach Trump

Can't tell if Trump is a bad actor or not but they sure as he'll seem to not like him.

Is Trump being impeached really that scary to you guys?

Don't you like Mikey Pence?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Well.. When these guys are showing up at peaceful polirical events and throwing bottles with fireworks and hitting people with weapons and stabbing them..

What do they think is going to happen?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
I agree with the starting post.. something bad is coming for everyone. I work at a very progressive college, the hate towards the current administration is rabid. It's not just the students either, I've heard many professors and staff spouting out exactly what CNN tells them."Trump puts kids in cages!!" "Trump didn't sign the EU agreement cuz he wants to tear kids away from their families!!" etc etc They read the most inflammatory headlines they can and that's the extent of it.
I don't love everything Trump does either, but I try very hard to learn the whole story and I don't lay all the blame on his doorstep for literally- everything- that is happening.
Also though, the kind of people I see who are so enraged and blinded by the headlines and FB are not the kind who would have the guts to launch an attack. Someone outside may step in and incite/organize violent riots though.

Thank you for actually responding to the OP and my thoughts.

I too am a bit worried about this summer... not scared, as our 2 leftists on the thread are trying to hammer, but worried about the consequences of the media maddening their poor base so much that rioting and violence will start happening, and the political consequences.

Again, thank you for an actual opinion.

link   

originally posted by: mymymy

BRING IT!! I'm a vet, professional fighter and armed. I have friends who are just like me and if they want to ramp it up we're waiting.

And just like the "right", I.E., the "Christian" Republicans, you advocate violence over anything else.

Holy cheese, two internet bad boys in one thread.

Yee Haw

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No but its obvious that if these people don't like Trump its not because he's "a racist"

Its because he stands against the corporate power structure that has usurped congress

They don't want the insider gravy train to end and anyone who opposes that is an enemy

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Sometimes folks get flustered when you pop their media-bubble.

Funny thing is ... I'd REALLY love to know what they're all so afraid of!

When I've been in that space ... I'm worried about paramilitary bros who spend every weekend in the woods.

That's about as silly ... but still .. WHO are they afraid of? College kids with bandanas over their faces upending trash cans?

OOoooooo ...

#eyerollemoji

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: mymymy

Holy cheese, two internet bad boys in one thread.

Yee Haw

Your probably to slow to realize the irony in your statement.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Well. sort of, I'm not posturing, nor have I ever, like I'm Rambo while hiding behind anonymity. At least I display my state

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join