It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Summer of Discontent or a Whole lot More?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Most of you would like each other if meeting at any other place than here.
I said most of you.
There are some posters that I find it hard to believe that anyone could get along with.
They are few, but you know who they are.
This is not real. This is social media.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

What if all the posters in this thread are the same person?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

They can't be.
Because I know i'm not you.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

They can't be.

How do you know? Maybe you are a figment of my imagination?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

There are enough sockpuppets to narrow it down. They can change their name and avy, but cant disguise their syntax no matter how hard they try.
edit on 22-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

They can't be.

How do you know? Maybe you are a figment of my imagination?

Maybe I am.
It seems like it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Gryphon66
When you say "the Left" what do you mean?

Literally.

Because most "left" Americans are like most "right" Americans and most "middle" Americans ... we want to live in peace, take care of our families, go to our jobs and create the best life we can.

Who do you conceive as this proto-militant group that may be a danger to you?

So either you have no actual idea what I am talking about, or you are deliberately being obtuse.

K.. onto the next response!

Guess he missed the threatening that Fonda was doing. Or the crazy woman disrupting an entire restaurant full of people just having their dinner. And that Loretta Lynch thing... There are multitudes of examples of the ramp up.

“We should rip Barron Trump from his mother’s arms and put him in a cage with pedophiles,” Mr. Fonda wrote in all caps, referring to the president’s 12-year-old son, in a recent post on Twitter that was later deleted. Mr. Fonda, 78, also wondered if such an act would prompt the first lady Melania Trump to “stand up against” her husband.

www.nytimes.com...

But oh, he apologized to the Trump family. But no mention of the other ill-bred stuff he had posted.

Earlier this week, Mr. Fonda also directed vulgar tweets at Kirstjen Nielsen, the secretary of homeland security, and Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, calling them both liars. He said that Ms. Nielsen “should be pilloried in Lafayette Square naked and whipped by passersby” and that Ms. Sanders’s children should perhaps be taken away from her. The tweets have since been deleted.

Letting emotion over-rule common courtesy is a sign of immaturity. It's understandable in five year-olds. In a 78 year-old it is just disheartening. Such a fine role model...eh?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Guess he missed the threatening that Fonda was doing.

I have already mentioned that since OP couldn't define what the left is after so many pages.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

There are enough sockpuppets to narrow it down. They can change their name and avy, but cant disguise their syntax no matter how hard they try.

No they can't.
It is frustrating, but it is also funny.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

From a position of calm...

it's obvious that the establishment in DC (to include the GOP), are trying their best to emotionally inject hatred against the current Administration...

OMG we should be ready to RAISE pitchforks and start FIRES to protest.....

Have you firestarters actually taken a step back and see the progress ...

or.. do you blindly follow the folks who would complain, if their silver spoon wasn't sterling?

Get a friggin grip... or what would be better, learn HISTORY... and MAKE up your OWN MIND...

It's an amazing thing.... to THINK for YOURSELF... Don't waste it....

YMMV

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Not to get off topic, but I've come to realize that we don't learn from history.

Ever.

If we did, there'd have been one war and that would have been it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You sure do like to discuss people don't you?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Well.. When these guys are showing up at peaceful polirical events and throwing bottles with fireworks and hitting people with weapons and stabbing them..

What do they think is going to happen?

What do I think will happen? People will follow people they disagree with home, drive by, comeback latter, and throw flaming bottles of gas at houses and drive away. Or leave explosives near targets that symbolize things they disagree with. And then people will push the government to take a # on whats left of the constitution because of the chaos.

That's very possible and maybe even the most likely. it's been my position that these aren't the kind of people with ethics or who have any courage that's for sure

look at what they do already they wear mask to rally's and secretly attack people without provocation

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Great quote.

But anyway it isn't beyond the pale for shills to use the technique of sockpuppeting in order to spread discord, especially on ATS.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

I already know they do it. There are active disinfo/ shill's as well.

It's tough when you can't match wits so you have to resort to this pettiness and ad hom.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

Well.. When these guys are showing up at peaceful polirical events and throwing bottles with fireworks and hitting people with weapons and stabbing them..

What do they think is going to happen?

What do I think will happen? People will follow people they disagree with home, drive by, comeback latter, and throw flaming bottles of gas at houses and drive away. Or leave explosives near targets that symbolize things they disagree with. And then people will push the government to take a # on whats left of the constitution because of the chaos.

That's very possible and maybe even the most likely. it's been my position that these aren't the kind of people with ethics or who have any courage that's for sure

look at what they do already they wear mask to rally's and secretly attack people without provocation

Thats not nice, and im sure if you are the guy that gets injured at a rally then it has a big impact on your life, and maybe there is a little bit of a chilling effect on speech. But what the goal here is, is something you wont be able to fight against, and small skirmishes arent enough.
The hype and hysteria against trump and trump supporters will keep increasing until there is REAL violence. Then when the right incident comes along, the media and parts of the government will use it to marginalize all the anti-globalization views. Kind of how people look at survivalist as potential unibombers or McVeighs. Or how people used to look at those who questioned whether the government knows more about UFOs than they let on and say "oh do you believe in lizard people and mole men?"
Im sure there is a name for this tactic, but I dont know it.
So as soon as the media has pushed the perception that anti-globalization, MAGA people are dangerous enough, youll see half the Republican party ditch the message and everything will go back to the same old thing. Atleast thats the objective.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

The hype and hysteria against trump and trump supporters will keep increasing until there is REAL violence.

there already has been real violence and it was government sanctioned, the Uranus move into Pluto is a lot like what happened in 1934 and it sure as hell looks like the world is headed in the same direction

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Man I am so tired of being threatened by Trump and his minions everywhere I go.
I see them giving me their holier than thou bs looks everywhere I go, like I'm some kind of freak for thinking that we could all be chill.
Why they so mad all the time?

Alas, I know that its just ATS and not a real snapshot of society.
I came here for weird sh!t and somehow I've been roped into some kind of right wing authoritarian wet dream.
It's a dirty time to be on ATS, I miss 2012, Jade Helm 16, Nibiru, Clinton Murders, shapeshifting, Mandela crap.
You know, stuff that "both sides" can get off on.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Man I am so tired of being threatened by Trump and his minions everywhere I go.
I see them giving me their holier than thou bs looks everywhere I go, like I'm some kind of freak for thinking that we could all be chill.
Why they so mad all the time?

Alas, I know that its just ATS and not a real snapshot of society.
I came here for weird sh!t and somehow I've been roped into some kind of right wing authoritarian wet dream.
It's a dirty time to be on ATS, I miss 2012, Jade Helm 16, Nibiru, Clinton Murders, shapeshifting, Mandela crap.
You know, stuff that "both sides" can get off on.

Me too.
But, I have been swayed.
I actually like what Trump is doing.

Who would of thunk it?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

That's kinda weird bro, but you know what? The Anarchist in me is totally smiling.
Let's just see what other mischief he can come up with.
I'm willing to reevaluate Punk Rock in general, I've got an open mind, let's see!

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join