It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump undercuts House GOP: Don’t waste time on immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I created a thread last night, from Reuters, about the government asking the military to make room for 20,000 more children, which seemed very odd given the executive order to stop separations and detainment of children. The world was confused and did not know what to think of the move.

Trump’s comments come amid an international outcry over the separation of migrant families at the southern border. Trump asserted Thursday that Congress could provide the “only real solution” to the crisis.

U.S. military may house immigrant children as Trump policy beset by confusion

It seems that we get the answer to the confusion only a day later.

President Donald Trump on Friday told his fellow Republicans in Congress to “stop wasting their time” on immigration legislation until after the November elections. GOP leaders said they’d press on anyway, but his comments further damaged their attempt to win over wavering lawmakers for a measure already facing likely defeat.

“Republicans should stop wasting their time on Immigration until after we elect more Senators and Congressmen/women in November,” he tweeted. “Dems are just playing games, have no intention of doing anything to solve this decades old problem. We can pass great legislation after the Red Wave!”

Associated Press

Why the delays? Why the executive order? Why the pretense?

And how is the Red Wave going to change anything when a single party is already in control of the White House, the Senate, the Congress, the DoJ, the FBI, the FEMA, the DHS and everything else you can think of.

How many more seats are needed to get nothing done?

However, the representatives will press on and continue to work on a solution, despite the White House stance on the problem.

Despite Trump’s stance, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said the chamber would press ahead on legislation next week. Differences between conservative and moderate Republicans delayed a vote initially planned for Thursday.

The bill would also require the government to separate fewer migrant children from parents when they are detained and finance Trump’s proposed wall with Mexico.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I agree with the President.

We have far more pressing issues facing actual citizens that need to be dealt with before we waste more time on people illegally invading our country. Time to do some real business that helps Americans.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

The answer is 9 more seats are needed to get to 60

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

The answer is 9 more seats are needed to get to 60

So, you guys so far are ok with holding these people and the detained children for four more months? As political hostages or criminals or any way one wants to look at it? Four more months? Did I get that right?

The law states they can be held for 20 days. Are we still defending this as lawful or have we gone past legalities? It seems for two days everyone was saying this was an old law and it has to be obeyed... when should we begin obeying it?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Because he would still need 10 votes from Democrats in the senate.

Why would the Dems work with Trump, when they hate him so much, and risk giving him a political win this close to the midterms, when its in their better political interest to ride this to said midterms.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

So, you guys so far are ok with holding these people and the detained children for four more months?

I would prefer we processed them and pointed them back to whence they came, but detention is preferable to catch and release.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Why would the Dems work with Trump, when they hate him so much, and risk giving him a political win this close to the midterms, when its in their better political interest to ride this to said midterms.

You'll notice that the vote so far has been held back by the republicans in power and not the obstructionist Dims.

Despite Trump’s stance, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said the chamber would press ahead on legislation next week. Differences between conservative and moderate Republicans delayed a vote initially planned for Thursday.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
According to Shumer, the Dems don't want legislation. He wanted an EO and he got it, yet they are still milking the faux outrage to try and garner more votes in the midterms by using these children as political pawns.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I notice that republicans are trying to work out a bill that will lure 10 democrats away from #resist, to vote for it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am glad though that the democrats and the republicans will continue to work towards the solution, even after the President made his stance clear. Aren't you guys?

Or do you want our representatives to quit working on a solution when the president asks them to?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I believe congress should come together and fix the problem, but Democrats do not mind leaving these kids as a politicol football.

Its sad that Pelosi and gang dont care enough to legislate this issue quickly, so I place most of the blame squarely on them.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

And for this kind of infighting BS the Two Party System and its stranglehold over our nation needs to be busted up immediately.

We The Little People filing some sort of class action anti-trust suit against it is coming to mind...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Tactics and Strategy working ....

✅🔑

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And for this kind of infighting BS the Two Party System and its stranglehold over our nation needs to be busted up immediately.

We The Little People filing some sort of class action anti-trust suit against it is coming to mind...

Your right our biggest problem is the 2 party system. In europe governments are forced to make coalitions to govern. Meaning you need 3 or 4 groups to work together. Even adding a viable 3rd party would make a huge difference.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

If Congress were to solve the problem before November, Trump couldn't get his sheep in a tizzy so they will go out and vote their hate. That's why he's doing it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

✅🔑

You know, I've always wondered what The Strategy and all those cryptic words were. Are you saying this is it? This is the Strategy? Because I'm gonna go with the rest of the world and say -- this is a terrible strategy.

And The Storm Is Coming? Boy, did it come, eh? I just didn't think children were going to be on the menu.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
According to Shumer, the Dems don't want legislation. He wanted an EO and he got it, yet they are still milking the faux outrage to try and garner more votes in the midterms by using these children as political pawns.

I wonder if he would be happy for Trump to do more things by EO. He still has a few campaign promises left.
edit on 22-6-2018 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What do you propose? Because Parliament seems like a cluster**** too.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

And how is the Red Wave going to change anything when a single party is already in control of the White House, the Senate, the Congress

Now I'm confused. Yesterday I thought it was the republican controlled congress that was holding things up.
Now trumps says he is the reason and the congress is now going to go ahead with reform??

trump must really believe that the american republicans are dumb enough to think the dems in congress have any real power anymore. They arn't. He is making a mistake with this.

Sure the trumpsters will follow and repeat his words but the republicans are smarter than that. They now who has a majority.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: xuenchen

✅🔑

You know, I've always wondered what The Strategy and all those cryptic words were. Are you saying this is it? This is the Strategy? Because I'm gonna go with the rest of the world and say -- this is a terrible strategy.

And The Storm Is Coming? Boy, did it come, eh? I just didn't think children were going to be on the menu.

After 20 days release them back into mexico,because they didnt come from here.

top topics

join