It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's 'Angel Family' PR Stunt

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

so you're saying they aren't being forced to give up their kids. Just forced to leave?

It boils down to the same dumb crap, but I like sophistry. You saw the OP as well?

But if they refuse to leave they get detained

Detained, why exactly do you detain people for misdemeanors? The prision ind complex is crippling already and you'd love to see Brave New Security jobs, not matter what? Whats your angle?

It looks like you're telling a lot of half-truths here.

Shades? I've heard the things in the rearview mirror appear closer than they are.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

But if they refuse to leave they get detained

Detained, why exactly do you detain people for misdemeanors? The prision ind complex is crippling already and you'd love to see Brave New Security jobs, not matter what? Whats your angle?

You make it sound like they are going to be fined.

The crime of "Improper entry" actually carries up to a 6 month sentence for a first offense. I think that part usually isn't enforced, and we simply ship them back.

For a second offense it actually does become a felony.

www.alllaw.com...

"Criminal Penalties for Improper Entry
For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal or civil penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both. This is considered a misdemeanor under federal law (18 U.S.C.A. § 3559).

For a subsequent offense, or a reentry (or attempted reentry) after exclusion or deportation, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, 1326, I.N.A. Section 275, 276.) This is considered a low-level felony under federal law (18 U.S.C.A. § 3559)."

edit on 27-6-2018 by bloodymarvelous because: fining is an option. It's not always prison.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the reason they are being detained is to ensure they appear in court, so a ruling can be formally made about their guilt or innocence.

How would you recommend we go about making sure they appear?

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join