It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's 'Angel Family' PR Stunt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Donald Trump has one of the biggest hearts of any person who has ever lived — according to Donald Trump and fawning bootlickers. That's why he signed the stopgap EO to release some of the pressure he was under for his administration's zero tolerance policy. Because his heart was breaking over all the hostages he was using as leverage to advance his agenda in Congress.

So it should come as no surprise that in his infinite benevolence, this morally upright luminary of humanitarian causes — a real bleeding heart — also wanted to bring recognition to "Angel Families." What are Angel Families? In short, it's branding of families whose loved ones have been killed by illegal immigrants. So today Trump, in an obvious response to the family separation outrage, hosted a PR stunt to demonize illegal immigrants by pointing to a handpicked group of grieving people and saying, "Oh look! This is PERMANENT SEPARATION!"

Are you #ting me right now? What the actual f.

And let's get this straight from the jump. These people are deserving of our sympathy. They've lost family members at the hands of criminals. We should all grieve with them as we would for anyone who has had a loved one killed because of the criminal conduct of another. I give grieving people a wide berth to express their perfectly natural feelings and I would not presume to criticize them, dismiss or diminish their loss or their grief.

The issue I take is with the exploitation of these stricken families in what is nothing but a brazen stunt by a shameless demagogue bent on demonizing and dehumanizing illegal border crossers to promote fear and hatred and as a justification for appalling treatment given to people who are mostly desperate folks, risking life, limb and freedom to escape conditions many of us would flee if we had this misfortune to find ourselves in similarly dire straits.

They're not coming to steal our jobs. If you think that's an actual thing, you're an idiot who doesn't grasp economic fundamentals. They're not mooches who are coming to steal the food from our children's mouths. How many of us have seen these people working their asses off for # wages? How many are exploited by ruthless, amoral employers who violate our laws not in pursuit of freedom, safety and opportunity, not to give their children a better future, but to maximize profits by exploiting vulnerable people whose immigration status makes them incapable of demanding better.

Understand: Any group of human beings larger than a handful will undoubtedly contain dangerous criminals whose actions will harm others. It's inescapable. Whether those people are white, black, Hispanic, native-born or not, rich or poor, educated or not, raised to believe in whatever religion or none at all — in whatever demographic group you want to split people into — there will be a certain percentage of people who will do harm to others.

Donald Trump's othering of vulnerable people for political gain is stomach-churning in-your-face fanatical hatemongering. It's as irrational as screaming that women shouldn't have babies because some of them will grow up to harm other people. Which is why as real and horrible as these "Angel Families'" grief is, it's made no more or less horrible by the immigration status of the people responsible for the deaths of their loved ones.

Donald Trump doesn't care about these "Angel Families" any more than he cares about the screams of children ripped from the arms of their mothers. He is a disgusting man. A horrible human being whose central strategy for amassing power is the dehumanization and demonization of minority groups to stoke fear and hatred among his followers.

And maybe many of these "virtue signaling" "liberal elites" don't really care as much as they want us to believe either and the media will exploit the stories of these parents and their children to energize the left-wing when they were asleep at the wheel when their guy was in the White House and children were suffering abuses and in some instances placed into the monster clutches of traffickers.

But you know what? # it. I neither need nor want politicians or media talking heads to tell me what is right and what is wrong but I'll take their possibly phony humanitarianism over Trump's definitely real lack of humanity any day.

I don't have all the answers but I fairly certain that Trump has NONE of them.
edit on 2018-6-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
At least he is trying to reach out, even just the optics of it, something other admins never did.

+51 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If you had the humanity you claim to have you'd be calling out do-nothing posers like Shumer and a fully corrupt DNC.

Yes, I do think he has some humanity. And big balls.

Your hatred could probably use some therapy. Your hypocrisy is on you.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I re-read your OP.

I dont see one suggestion on how to fix any of this, just a wall of text justifying your dislike for him. Somehting we already know very well.

Present a solution, otherwise youre just going to be labelled a snowflake or whatever.

I appreciate your go at this OP, I like your non-political posts, they seem to bring the best out of you, unlike the opposite here.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
A politician taking advantage of a situation to push his position?

Never heard that one before.
edit on 22-6-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's pretty obvious that this thread is a "stunt".

Try harder to find REAL dirt. Keep hope alive!

#RESIST!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I do not know what bothers me more.

Trumps latest actions or the fact i kinda of agree with you...

Either way i do have the answer and it is simple right there in the constitution.

The constitution states clearly the feds have power to naturalize immigrants.

That means states can let them in and the fed can remove them if they do not naturalize.

States Rights!

Following the foundation will solve several issues including drugs and immigration.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
If you had the humanity you claim to have you'd be calling out do-nothing posers like Shumer and a fully corrupt DNC.

Yes, I do think he has some humanity. And big balls.

Your hatred could probably use some therapy. Your hypocrisy is on you.

lolers

do nothing like this latest jewel from potus to gop "Just give up".

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

"Hostages"? Pure doublespeak. "Promote fear and hatred"? No, that's your game.

The issue I take is with the exploitation of these stricken families in what is nothing but a brazen stunt by a shameless demagogue bent on demonizing and dehumanizing illegal border crossers to promote fear and hatred and as a justification for appalling treatment given to people who are mostly desperate folks, risking life, limb and freedom to escape conditions many of us would flee if we had this misfortune to find ourselves in similarly dire straits. "

The issue you take is with Donald Trump. That's it. That's your issue. You exploit illegals to promote fear and hatred as a justification to continue doing nothing else.

+10 more 
link   
I asked myself, who will this trigger? You were my #2 pick.

I see outrage, insults, and claims without evidence. where are the solutions?

More importantly, where was this in 2014? I guess you followed Pelosi's lead in not politicizing children in detention facilities?
edit on 22-6-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
link   
How's all that hate working out for you?

It can't be healthy.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

More importantly, where was this in 2014?

Who was #1. I must know!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You'll know when they show up

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Donald Trump has one of the biggest hearts of any person who has ever lived — according to Donald Trump and fawning bootlickers. That's why he signed the stopgap EO to release some of the pressure he was under for his administration's zero tolerance policy. Because his heart was breaking over all the hostages he was using as leverage to advance his agenda in Congress.

So it should come as no surprise that in his infinite benevolence, this morally upright luminary of humanitarian causes — a real bleeding heart — also wanted to bring recognition to "Angel Families." What are Angel Families? In short, it's branding of families whose loved ones have been killed by illegal immigrants. So today Trump, in an obvious response to the family separation outrage, hosted a PR stunt to demonize illegal immigrants by pointing to a handpicked group of grieving people and saying, "Oh look! This is PERMANENT SEPARATION!"

Are you #ting me right now? What the actual f.

And let's get this straight from the jump. These people are deserving of our sympathy. They've lost family members at the hands of criminals. We should all grieve with them as we would for anyone who has had a loved one killed because of the criminal conduct of another. I give grieving people a wide berth to express their perfectly natural feelings and I would not presume to criticize them, dismiss or diminish their loss or their grief.

The issue I take is with the exploitation of these stricken families in what is nothing but a brazen stunt by a shameless demagogue bent on demonizing and dehumanizing illegal border crossers to promote fear and hatred and as a justification for appalling treatment given to people who are mostly desperate folks, risking life, limb and freedom to escape conditions many of us would flee if we had this misfortune to find ourselves in similarly dire straits.

They're not coming to steal our jobs. If you think that's an actual thing, you're an idiot who doesn't grasp economic fundamentals. They're not mooches who are coming to steal the food from our children's mouths. How many of us have seen these people working their asses off for # wages? How many are exploited by ruthless, amoral employers who violate our laws not in pursuit of freedom, safety and opportunity, not to give their children a better future, but to maximize profits by exploiting vulnerable people whose immigration status makes them incapable of demanding better.

Understand: Any group of human beings larger than a handful will undoubtedly contain dangerous criminals whose actions will harm others. It's inescapable. Whether those people are white, black, Hispanic, native-born or not, rich or poor, educated or not, raised to believe in whatever religion or none at all — in whatever demographic group you want to split people into — there will be a certain percentage of people who will do harm to others.

Donald Trump's othering of vulnerable people for political gain is stomach-churning in-your-face fanatical hatemongering. It's as irrational as screaming that women shouldn't have babies because some of them will grow up to harm other people. Which is why as real and horrible as these "Angel Families'" grief is, it's made no more or less horrible by the immigration status of the people responsible for the deaths of their loved ones.

Donald Trump doesn't care about these "Angel Families" any more than he cares about the screams of children ripped from the arms of their mothers. He is a disgusting man. A horrible human being whose central strategy for amassing power is the dehumanization and demonization of minority groups to stoke fear and hatred among his followers.

And maybe many of these "virtue signaling" "liberal elites" don't really care as much as they want us to believe either and the media will exploit the stories of these parents and their children to energize the left-wing when they were asleep at the wheel when their guy was in the White House and children were suffering abuses and in some instances placed into the monster clutches of traffickers.

But you know what? # it. I neither need nor want politicians or media talking heads to tell me what is right and what is wrong but I'll take their possibly phony humanitarianism over Trump's definitely real lack of humanity any day.

I don't have all the answers but I fairly certain that Trump has NONE of them.

So are you:

A. Leader of the never Trump movement
B. Suffering from the worst case of TDS ever recorded
C. T.R.I.G.G.E.R.E.D.
D. So bored with life you vicariously live through belittlement of others

Okay, I apologize, I generally “try” and stick to answering/commenting on the posted word and not make comments about the poster, Sometimes I slip. This would be one of those times. Seriously dude...try some fresh air!

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Anti, what do you think of the fact that there are nine US consulates and one US embassy in Mexico, where non US citizens can apply for asylum without risk of being separated from their kids?

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Don't worry Anti, this faux outrage will soon pass.

Next month MSM will pull out a new card of a decades old issue to blame Trump and you can continue to tow a new line of hate.

Wonder what it will be next. I'm shaking with anticipation.

The selective outrage is getting boring.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

More importantly, where was this in 2014? I guess you followed Pelosi's lead in not politicizing children in detention facilities?

Didn't you get the memo???

No Americans were killed or maimed by Illegal Aliens when Obama was President.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Maxine Waters doing her best to out Trump !!!

She on to something BIG !!

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

He was not reaching out in an outpouring of compassion. It was a stunt. Are we going to give a label to the families of people killed by criminals who happened to be members any other demographic and then trot them out on stage every week?

What valid purpose would that have?

Next week we could have the families of people killed by black criminals. The week after, the families of people killed by white criminals. And the week after that, the families of people killed by gays and the following week, the families of people killed by Hindus, plumbers, pipe fitters, IT managers, Elks Lodge members.

There's a reason that it was this group. There's also a reason that the handpicked people on stage had disproportionately Hispanic surnames and that one was a legal immigrant — to sugarcoat the vileness of what it really was.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You're either having a meltdown or trolling. You used to sound intelligent. Now you sound like you are part of the desperate deep state that becomes one step closer to irrelevance each day.
edit on 22-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join