It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tree of 40 Fruit is Exactly as Awesome as It Sounds!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

My father grows chestnuts but now can't turn them into flour due to nanny state food and health rules

Holy sh!t. That's terrible.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
My Stone fruit has 2 peaches, Plums, Nectarines and Apricots. Pear tree has 4 types of Pears. Pretty cool for variety in a small area.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

sure, I freeze dry loads of things and pack in mylar. Im still waiting for my hazelnuts to fruit, their succoring great, but as yet Im unsure if I wont just roast and vacuum pack.

I am unsure of the percent moisture on a fresh chestnut, but it should by all means pull all water and some volitiles from the nut while leaving the nut entirely intact, just lighter due to the loss of moisture.

It would be very easy to mill, but very hygroscopic, so at least 4.1mm mylar heat sealed with oxy absorbers would be detrimental I believe.

eta: harvest right sells their smallest units under 1700 I believe, but a jerky dehydrator from any outdoor store for a couple hundred would be a decent substitute, only theres a big difference in the 2 types of end products.
edit on 24-6-2018 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Thanks for that. Even if my dad bought one of those fandangle machines , he would still have spend mega money on building a registered kitchen to be able to process the chest nuts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join